The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

66 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Baggy body?
07 Jul 2014, 10:04
I can join in with the saggy, baggy, wrinkly, crepe paper skin! Mine is down to all the yo yoing either with my diet or my thyroid,
I always had an hour glass figure but never looked thin, as if my clothes fitted either my bust or hips they would hang off my waist 34-23-34 D/DD cup. If I gained it was only a couple of pounds and then in the summer it would always go. Around 28 my thyroid acted up and I started gaining and losing 1 - 2 stones. Then in my late 30's the fluctuation was 3 stones and in my early 40's I had my thyroid removed. Problems with meds meant that I still gained 3 stones and have lost that twice! I am now at 50 and half way through losing that 3+ stone for the last time as I can't keep doing this anymore as its getting harder and harder. And as we have found out our skin has a finite recovery period and mine seems to have expired! I can only blame myself.
BUT I still think it is much better to lose the weight and be creative in covering up. It also helps to go to the gym/exercise to help tone up and this also helps!
The biggest gift, we with the baggy, saggy, crepe paper skin can give, is to pass on our experience so that anyone under 30/40 can read about this and know that they must stabilize their weight NOW, if they do not want to look old before their time!
07 Jul 2014, 10:42
On the bust size reduction debate...
I was a 34C at school then D late teens and 20's. I started to really gain weight/fluctuate and reached 38E with all the problems of red sore shoulders and really bad back ache if I walked for more than a couple of minute and it became a joke that I would never walk anywhere!
My bra size would alternate between 36/38 but my cup size never once went down!
Then one of my friends, introduced me to a proper bespoke bra boutique and my life literally changed.
I had been measured so many times by M & S, Debenhams etc but never this professionally or exactly.
I was put into a 32G. It did not look pretty as the band was very wide and quite tight and this meant that for the first time I had fat/excess skin squeezing over the bra, especially under my arms. It took quite a few months to get use to the tightness but by the end of that week-end my back ache had gone and it was such a shock. It seems we are meant to get all the support from the band and very little from the straps
I have since gone up to 32H but after this weight loss I am now between 32G/H from a good make of bra. The only issue with this is that I really have to take care of my bra's as the cheapest I can find is around 30-60 pounds (there are cheaper shops but they don't seem to fit as well). Which for me is very expensive BUT not to have back ache after walking, shopping ect and I can even now go to the gym on the cross trainer or take a zumba class...that is priceless
I am not saying that this will work for everyone, but it really is worth trying as I also really thought about surgery because of the back pain. Now I may not look very good in some summery clothes and I am definitely light in the pocket, but I can even run up the stairs without knocking myself out!
07 Jul 2014, 11:20
@Romany05 i have just bought a new bra thru ebay for £ 23 including postage.
Its my favourite bra,Triumph Amourette
Think i' ll have to continue to buy my bras thru ebay or in sales as this particular bra sells for about £34 and i can't afford to spend that much x many of them are even dearer. :confused:
07 Jul 2014, 11:47
@CandiceMarie I also tried ebay when I was back in the UK, but you seem to have to really know your brand otherwise the fit is hit or miss. But I agree that the price reduction was worth it. Just a pity that the sales were not on for me!
07 Jul 2014, 12:23
Once I found a brand and style that fitted me in a good bra shop, I went to eBay and have now got a great selection of bras all at less than half their normal retail price. OH is impressed by the raised standards on the lingerie front!

I am noticing that the loose skin is graaaadually shrinking. I doubt it will ever become taut at my age but if I can wave goodbye without my bingo wings slapping against my boobs I'll be v happy! :shock:
09 Jul 2014, 09:39
I really didn't think my stomach and love handles would shrink but they do, after 18 months dieting ! The love handles are almost gone and the stomach is nearly flat as well. I even can feel my abdominal muscles, didn't know I had some ! :victory:

About the bras, I have huge help (no pun intended) with my underburst corset, it helps them in their job, nothing moves up and down and the cleavage is,, well, kind of cool :cool:
66 posts Page 5 of 5