The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

66 posts Page 1 of 5
Baggy body?
25 Jun 2014, 16:10
I'm just wondering if any of you have overcome the baggy body phase where your skin hasn't caught up with your body yet? I have bat wings & baggy legs where my lower calf is well toned with riding my exercise bike but that hasn't worked further up my legs yet let alone to the back of my thighs :frown: :bugeyes:
I am wondering if anyone who has lost over 3 stone has found their skin has eventually shrunk back? I'm sure at my age of 66 that my skin must have lost some elasticity! but I live in hope :lol: I am about half way now in losing weight with another 3 stone to lose :wink:
Re: Baggy body?
25 Jun 2014, 16:26
Good question! I would like to know the answer to this also. I do think that there has been some improvement, but it is hard to tell TBH.
25 Jun 2014, 16:30
I think at 64 ive resigned self to being the human equivalent of Bagpuss
Think there's still hope for younger folk but my skin is like old knicker elastic now..no snap left in it :confused:
Peep on here say skin does tone up in the end but I' m not holding my breath..even my arms are baggy :confused:
Sorry to be a harbinger of doom
My advice to anyone who listens : lose all the weight you need to lose by fortyish and keep it off,otherwise Welcome to my World of keeping covered up ....confused:
If i was given the choice to stay the weight i am but have firm flesh, or get slim and baggy,i would opt for fat but firm...i hate these lumps,bumps and bags!
@Isis all might not be lost for you tho...my skin is this way thru years of yoyo dieting x
25 Jun 2014, 16:31
I have some very baggy bits-I think it would take a major miracle for them to disappear!
25 Jun 2014, 16:36
Oh dear it doesn't sound very hopeful but I think I will prefer to be slimmer & disguise dress. Why wasn't 5:2ing around 10 years ago :cry:
Thank you for your replies :smile:
25 Jun 2014, 17:13
RE:: Baggy body? :shock: == Yes snap. :lol:
Well I've lost similar amount as you @Isis And similar age, yes ive plenty of baggy skin.
Bingo wings no change on them I could be wrong but read somewhere off forum that all the fat needs to be lost there before toning can begin properly.
(So a lost cause for me. )
Thighs = baggy skin and no change on these.
Calfs = quite toned and firm / maybe my walking?
Neck = Turkey!!!! :lol: lol :shock: well yes its beginning to firm up and pull back ever so slightly just noticeable to me only I think.

Maybe there is hope for us if only slightly.
Its the bingo wings that bother me most as I prefer short sleeves in the summer and I can/do cover everything up that's possible to hide. :clover: :like: :heart:
25 Jun 2014, 17:16
@sue.Q yep i really duslike covering my arms but between being fat lumpy and saggy,i have to,except in the hottest of weather when i think oh heck,let it all hang out..
Yes @Isis wish i'd known about this some years ago..thirty yrs ago wd have been ideal! X
25 Jun 2014, 17:54
Hello all!

This week I have celebrated losing 50lbs....and due, I'm sure, purely to luck in the genetics department...I don't have any baggy bits to speak of. I credit genetics because after 3 children I also have no stretch marks....and I wasn't slathering oils & creams on my stomach to avoid them either...

Having said that, my daughter bought a new swimsuit recently and just for fun I tried it on this morning. All I could see when I looked in the mirror were some very offensive silvery bits of skin at the tops of my thighs, which are the lasting legacy of rapid weight gain some years' back during one of my many yo-yo periods of depression & overeating.

It is true to say that we are our own harshest critic....much more brutal towards ourselves than we are to others.....

We are so much more than just our external appearance, aren't we? I have met some beautiful people who were frankly quite ugly inside......and I know which I'd rather be.

The best lesson we could ever learn is to be comfortable in our own skin...baggy or otherwise. Or, at the very least, to pass this habit on to our children........

Oh crikey! Following 5:2 has turned me evangelical and opinionated....as the scales have come down, my self esteem and confidence has rocketed! Enough to share my opinions on this subject.......and many others......

Crumbs! Xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
25 Jun 2014, 18:47
Nearly 2 stone gone but because I am beyond the big 60 I now have a slim muscular body with impressive arms (chair dips and bicep curls) and strong abs, but stomach in particular has wobbly blancmange covering which puckers when I do certain yoga positions e.g. downward dog. Likewise strong legs with wobbly cellulite. Hope you do better than me folks!
25 Jun 2014, 18:50
What an amazing weight loss Hazelnut & many congratulations on achieving that. How lucky you have no saggy bits! I am rather envious :smile:
I have stretch marks from my two pregnancies & yo yo weight gain/loss so I think I am destined for more. I think I will continue to moisturise with my coconut oil to at least prevent dry skin & do my bat wing arm exercises :grin:
25 Jun 2014, 19:29
CandiceMarie wrote: I think at 64 ive resigned self to being the human equivalent of Bagpuss
Think there's still hope for younger folk but my skin is like old knicker elastic now..no snap left in it :confused:
Peep on here say skin does tone up in the end but I' m not holding my breath..even my arms are baggy :confused:
Sorry to be a harbinger of doom
My advice to anyone who listens : lose all the weight you need to lose by fortyish and keep it off,otherwise Welcome to my World of keeping covered up ....confused:
If i was given the choice to stay the weight i am but have firm flesh, or get slim and baggy,i would opt for fat but firm...i hate these lumps,bumps and bags!
@Isis all might not be lost for you tho...my skin is this way thru years of yoyo dieting x

Lol at human equivalent of bagpuss. You never fail to put a smile on my face lol. Also brings back fond memories. Bag puss was my favourite as a kid (along with mr Ben)
25 Jun 2014, 19:50
Glad i made you smile @philxjr!
Yes Bagpuss is great! But what about Moomins!
In Moomin circles,my shape and size is highly admired :lol: X
25 Jun 2014, 20:02
@Isis My apologies for the hijack :heart: :heart:

Congratulations @Hazelnut20 That's a fantastic weightloss for you well done my girl I know exactly how losing that amount feels :like: keep up the good work. :clover:
25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Thats great@hazelnut20!
Lovely to still have that snap back skin and no post baby stretch marks!
I wdnt worry about a few silvery lines..they can be covered with a bit of concealer if they bother you and they shouldn't stop you posing by the pool this summer! :cool:
Your progress fills me with happiness..its so good to see you enjoy this journey and the results you and you alone have made happen for yourself X X
25 Jun 2014, 22:36
40lb loss here and I'm only just really noticing the baggy arms. But my bum and thighs are horrid. I still have another 100lb to lose so at this rate I will need a wheelbarrow to carry around the excess skin. I am hoping that the slow rate of loss will help with the shrinkage, well that's my excuse for not being as rigid with this WOE than I am.
66 posts Page 1 of 5