The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

66 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Baggy body?
27 Jun 2014, 07:07
Well I have batwings on my thighs! While getting into the bath last night I stood on one leg and swung the other back and up to about 90 degrees and there was an envelope of skin hanging down that did not look attached in any way to my quad muscle. As carorees says, things look mostly OK if you stand up straight!
27 Jun 2014, 08:57
I do have some baggy bits however it's slowly getting better. I mean, around my stomach, back and "love handles" (is that the right word ?) OH can't "grab me" :shock: like he used to (don't worry, I do the same to him, it's a silly game between us :lol: ) and now proudly "feels my bones", my thighs are looking awful but I am working on them. I know it takes around 2 years for the skin to catch up so I am not worried.

However, everything is not peachy, I have a lot of stretched marks now. And I mean A LOT :shock: . I am a lucky, though, as I have a really fair skin (I am a natural red head with everything that comes with it) so am the only one noticing :wink:

So, you see, there's hope :cool:
27 Jun 2014, 09:21
Come on now ladies, we all have battle scars and we should be proud of them especially those of you who have had babies, now that's a real achievement in my book. Giving life and a life to another human being is the greatest thing any woman can do and it trumps losing fat any day so be proud girls, you have all done a wonderful thing and a lot of you did it again, you all have my respect for that. I realise that my wrinkled body was pretty much inevitable as I watched my mother go the same way over the years and I just seem to be a carbon copy of her so there was no way I was going to avoid the dreaded deflating balloon look irrespective of my weight. She was lovely and I loved her unconditionally so that is what I remember of her, not her wrinkles, so chin, or should that be chins, up girls and embrace the new you, you are all lovely in your own ways with or without wrinkles.

I rest my case m'lud

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Jun 2014, 13:25
Thanks for the tip. @ferretgal just googled them a great little idea, maybe to short across the back for those of us with a way to go on our weightloss journey but I've bookmarked for future viewing. @barbarita you made me laugh and yes my thigh wings are growing to.
No problem though I love what I see in the mirror these days which is a massive improvement on a year ago, however would really love to drop the other 50lbs sometime soon regardless of spare flab + wrinkles doing so leaves behind, there's only one person getting a sneaky peak at my wobbly bits. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
27 Jun 2014, 16:21
A goodly reminder Ballerina to be more accepting & proud of ourselves & our life experiences. I do feel pleased when I view myself in the mirror all dressed up to the nines & ready to go out :grin: & I certainly look much better than I did eighteen months ago :shock: :lol:
28 Jun 2014, 08:28
@Sue.Q I am sure you will get there. If I may say so, it's a good thing if it doesn't go too quickly. And I sure that your hubby is proud of your accomplishment :wink:

When I am all dressed, you can't see the wibly bits, it just took me quite some time to not be ashamed naked. I mean, when I was overweight I was never shy when I was naked with my partner but when I began losing weight, I began to be self conscious as well and, when we were intimate, I had to wear a nighty for quite some time during the evening (a sexy one but still). Now it's much better as he forbids me to wear anything :grin: :razz: and I now fully understands he finds me beautiful, even with these bits :heart:
28 Jun 2014, 09:53
Thank you for your posts Manderley it's great that you like your body now & feel comfortable in your own skin! You give me hope that time WILL help all our wobbly bits firm up a little even though we will anyway, when slimmer, all look much better in our clothes :lol:
28 Jun 2014, 10:32
I'm 32 and I've lost 6 stone and I'm still waiting for my skin to do something :( I have the worst bingo wings ever, my poor belly button makes a sad face all the time. I can't exercise so I'm wonder if there are any moisturising creams that any one has found that help tone
28 Jun 2014, 12:34
Still I think it is good to be having this discussion here. Hardly think I want to be saying out and about my arms have saggy bits. But here on the forum with people who are treading the same path it's nice.

@Manderley love your frankness you do us all good
28 Jun 2014, 13:27
OH usually gain weight during winter and, right now, he has a nice little round stomach. I don't love him any less and I don't find him less sexy than when he's thinner so it shouldn't be unbelievable that he feels the same :wink:

We talked about me having my breast reduced in a while because my boobs are still big but with stretched marks and they look really not as appealing as they used to. He told me "if you need to do it, I will offer the operation to you however I don't want you to do it for me, I love your boobs just as they are". I guess that means that I am my own worst critic and nobody else but me can really see what I consider to be flaws....

Conclusion, we should be kinder with how we see ourselves :wink:
28 Jun 2014, 14:11
Manderley wrote:
we should be kinder with how we see ourselves :wink:

I could not agree with you more :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Jun 2014, 14:44
I lost 3 stone before discovering 5:2. It had taken me such a long time to lose it, that I've been lucky to not have too many saggy bits.
My belly is droopy and claps along when I run up the stairs, my thighs join in a bit with this noise, but they're getting quieter. My boobs have been droopy since I was a teenager so I expect they'll remain this way.
I do have quite a few stretch marks, but 3 children on and yoyo dieting since 13, I can't really expect anything else.
I've talked about tummy tucks, but the pain and lack of lifting (plus the cost) means I couldn't go ahead with it.
I pick myself to pieces when I look in the mirror or down at myself, but OH tells me that what I see isn't what everyone else sees. Why are we so critical of ourselves.
I like the idea of being nicer to ourselves :smile:
I'm happier with wearing my smaller, sainsburys classic rise boyfriend jeans and tucking my tummy into them, than I ever was wearing the biggest jeans in next (couldn't wear jeans at all when these stopped fitting me as I was too short for the likes of Evans)
I think all the lifting and moving I do of my daughter has kept my arms ok!
So in answer to the original post.....
Yes I've got wobbly bits and I hope they will keep shrinking, slowly :smile:
28 Jun 2014, 15:30
Very well done on your 3 stone weight loss Karenm. Isn't good we all discovered 5:2?
Perhaps this thread should be renamed be kind to ourselves? :wink:
28 Jun 2014, 15:39
daydreamer21 wrote: I'm 32 and I've lost 6 stone and I'm still waiting for my skin to do something :( I have the worst bingo wings ever, my poor belly button makes a sad face all the time. I can't exercise so I'm wonder if there are any moisturising creams that any one has found that help tone

Sadly I don't think their are any creams that tone you up, I think that is down to exercises! But coconut oil is a wonderful moisturiser & quite cheap to buy through Amazon. I use it on my arms thighs & stomach after my shower & it makes my skin feel smooth. When I was larger I used to become sore under my stomach (I know too much information) where there was a fold of skin & developed a seborrheic dryness & wart that has disappeared completely now using coconut oil ditto keratoses on my OH's bald scalp have also completely gone.
28 Jun 2014, 16:34
The creams don't soak in deep enough to do an awful lot of toning BUT the act of massaging them in does do good. It gets the circulation moving and helps our bodies heal themselves. The other benefit of massaging your wobbly bits with a cream/oil/lotion is that we are being kind to ourselves. We are loving ourselves enough to care for our own bodies. I don't suppose it gets much better than that! :heart:
My newest pledge to myself is to moisturise my extremely dry face each day :like: and to try and massage my tummy each day too (at the moment I can't bear to touch it :frown: )
66 posts Page 3 of 5