Log in to view your messages, post comments, update your blog or tracker.
I've been on 4:3 for the past 9 weeks, and it's been an up and down ride, but overall really positive, and I would say that there have been lots of benefits:
- I've lost almost a stone, and reduced my body fat by about 6%
- My skin is so much softer now than it has ever been - I've always had eczema and dry skin up until now, but now I don't even need moisturizer anymore.
- More energy and bounce! I wake up more easily - although that may have something to do with springtime.
- I feel like I know when I'm hungry now, when I'm not, and when I'm full - rather than eating all the time.
- I don't feel guilty anymore about eating some treats - so it's a better attitude to food!
Overall I'm really content with it and feeling back in control of eating and my body.
- feeling more active
- better mobility
- feeling less depressed
- weight loss, greatly appreciated by my slightly dodgy knees:smile:
- feeling very positive about life and enjoying all sorts activities
- more confidence in myself
I apologise if I am repeating what others already have mentioned, but in my view the positives of this way of life can't be stressed enough! As of yesterday we even have a FAST server, which can only be a good thing! Off to another sunny Spring day and good luck to all of you!
1. I fast on work days. Usually on work days I eat lunch out. Usually not an expensive lunch, but given that I work in a big city (Seattle), even an inexpensive lunch costs $10. Not eating lunch out two days a week = $20 saved per week.
2. I've lost 2 inches of my waist line so far. If I had the normal (non-expandable waist line) pants, it would soon be time for me to go out and buy new pants. But because I've never wanted to buy pants with a waist size larger than 36 inches, almost all of my dress pants have expandable waist lines. My waist size got to be considerably more than 36 inches, and still is, but is now 2 inches closer. So given that my previous denial of my actual waist size resulted in me buying expandable pants, now instead of having to buy new pants, my existing pants simply don't need to expand so much.
shachat wrote: Don't know if anyone's already mentioned this - I did on another thread. I find I'm much more productive on a fast day - I think because I'm not stopping for meals till about 3/4pm. Anyone else find that?
Initially, I felt less productive. Being hungry was a bit distracting, particularly if I was doing things other than busy work. But now that I've settled into it, I think this (increased productivity) is true for me too. At work, I'm more likely to get on with things I need to do. At home, I'm less likely to sit around doing nothing but watching TV.
I went to the cheese box the other night for some cheddar to grate on bake I was making (feast day!) and it had more or less gone off. I don't think I've ever experienced that - we used to get thru a lot of cheese but clearly now we're not using it in cooking nearly as much.
We are saving on dishwasher tabs and electricity because we don't run it on fast days as there's not enough dirty crockery or pans to justify it!
lizzieh wrote: We are saving on dishwasher tabs and electricity because we don't run it on fast days as there's not enough dirty crockery or pans to justify it!
I wish I could say the same - I was at home last Sunday, Liquid fasting, and I ran the dishwasher 3 times, clearing up from the weekend, catering for the kids, and doing some cooking for the week ahead
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest