The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 69 of 134
Previous 1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
13 Jan 2014, 09:42
:heart: Keep polishing that award @ballerina And yes you've got a reputation to fulfill lol.
:clover: Good Luck with the move @rawkaren and yes I'm packing (coming with you deffo ) today while fasting not much more going on today got rid of hubby for a few hours so time for a spring cleaning day and yes the nights are getting lighter I noticed that last week lovely feeling and a nice day today feeling as if spring but where has our winter gone? beware off assuming too much :heart: Sue
13 Jan 2014, 09:44
Morning everyone !

I think my brain must be out this morning as I don't remember Karen talking about her big move before.... So shameful... :shame: Where are you going @rawkaren? (sorry to have a goldfish brain sometimes....)

@Sue.Q Reading your post made me think of the list time I did go to a McDonald's and it was about a year ago. Now I would rather eat a "proper" hamburger as you can find in restaurant. With a friend of mine, we used to go to an American restaurant near the ChampsElysées, the hamburgers there were scrumptious, the fries were thick and yummy, the coleslaw was to die for and now I crave want, which is too bad because it's a fast day (a 1000 cal) and I don't have any proper hamburger near me anyway

@PennyForthem, I love happy dogs and yours look so happy and woaw what a weather you had yesterday. Darn I miss UK (oh and, big victory for me, now I can write your name without having to look twice or do a copy/paste :victory: )

I slept like a log, 9 hours straight, it's not like me, at all. I am trying to find the right size for an under-bust corset and the question is, when to take my waist size ? During a fast day, after, before ? It's a bit tricky as you have to measure your wast and minus 10cm to have the right size. Crazy.... :bugeyes:
13 Jan 2014, 10:12
Morning @manderley. I PM'd you last week to let you know I'm moving to California. Looks like you didn't get it, although I did have a bit of a faff getting it out to everyone as PM has limited amount of names you put it, so I ended up sending it about 3 or 4 times.

I have a job there, fly out on Sunday and start 2 Feb. I didn't want to made a big deal of it on the forum, but folks were asking me why I was so quiet on the forum so I came out of the closet. I decided to mention it on my blog yesterday to everyone else.

Back on food, I like a 'real' burger too. Cooked medium rare with all of the trimmings but no bread. Gosh it's only 10am on a fast day and I'm already fantasising :shock:
13 Jan 2014, 10:17
I didn't receive any PM.... That's strange.... Well, as long as you're happy that's all that count and, of course it's a big deal to change continent ! :shock: I can't imagine to leave everything and go so far like that, not now anyway. That would mean leave my furry friends here and no way could it be possible

Next time we'll go out with OH I'll have a proper burger, I saw they have one :wink:
13 Jan 2014, 10:35
@rawkaren, I wish you well in your new job and your new adventure. My first thought was very selfish - 'oh no, you can't leave the forum' but of course the forum is for everyone all over the world. Are you just going yourself or is OH going too? I'm excited for you.
13 Jan 2014, 10:39
Congratulations on your new job, new country, new home, hope you've found somewhere nice to live rawkaren. I applaud your courage and spirit to boldly go where ever you can, and I'm sure you will make a sensation of it.
I always meant to travel and explore but I haven't even been to Scotland! Two weeks in Florida, a week on Jersey, and four days in Bruges is the sum total of my distant travels, though I have wandered the byways of England and Wales over the years.
:0)
13 Jan 2014, 10:54
oh, congrats rawkaren. :victory: Best of luck with the move.
What are you going to be doing in sunny California? You know we're nosy and thrive in other people's successes so come on....spill the beans! :D :D
13 Jan 2014, 11:18
@Rawkaren! What area of California are you moving to, you don't have to be specific if you don't want, maybe just the county? @Lovemyparrot and I would love to meet up, maybe can even show you around a bit? Ooooh, Excited for you! :)
13 Jan 2014, 11:20
Thanks @wildmissus,@azureblue, @betsysgr8 and @janeg. The hard thing is that OH is not coming with me initially :cry: because he has commitments here. So he is staying home looking after the cat. I can come home every 8 weeks for a week (because they have operations here), and he will come out to see me every 8 weeks, so we will be seeing each other once a month.

I think it is going to require alot of planning, but I'm taking my counsel from @debs who seems to manage it well and who has been married for a long time too.

It's quite strange you know but you guys have had a big influence on my decision. Many of you are expats or have lived and worked away from home. Plus the great thing is that I'm not going away. In fact you all came with me to San Francisco when I had my interview :grin: So all and any expat tips appreciated plus we have our US colleagues here to keep me straight.

Don't know how long I'm going to do it for, but I could not bear to go back into a large company role again. I'm cautious about saying too much on forum about why there is a lack of senior women on boards in big companies, but suffice to say, I decided on the fun option instead. I'm going to work for a smaller company, in technology with a team of people who I really like. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Just PM me if you want the link to the blog I started.

So pack your bags and we can carry on fasting in the sun :cool:
13 Jan 2014, 11:23
Betsysgr8 wrote: @Rawkaren! What area of California are you moving to, you don't have to be specific if you don't want, maybe just the county? @Lovemyparrot and I would love to meet up, maybe can even show you around a bit? Ooooh, Excited for you! :)

San Ramon Valley. Quite a long way from you both, but as you know I have friends down your way, so I'm sure a meet is possible when I'm settled :heart:
13 Jan 2014, 11:27
rawkaren wrote:
Betsysgr8 wrote: @Rawkaren! What area of California are you moving to, you don't have to be specific if you don't want, maybe just the county? @Lovemyparrot and I would love to meet up, maybe can even show you around a bit? Ooooh, Excited for you! :)

San Ramon Valley. Quite a long way from you both, but as you know I have friends down your way, so I'm sure a meet is possible when I'm settled :heart:

Fantastic! Lovely area up there and wine country! Enjoy and Lovemyparrot and I will be here in the south when you get settled and start to venture about. :)
13 Jan 2014, 12:22
SUCCESS! The daft lad at the hotel caved in without a fight which was a relief, my negotiating skills may still be intact but my fighting skills are somewhat lacking especially in any hand to hand combat. Got exactly what I went for, FREE Christmas dinner for 12 this year and already booked in on the computer system and in writing. 20 odd years of negotiating for the union was not wasted after all, my ex-boss used to be frightened of me, so I was told, but then that's exactly how I like the men in my life to be.... SCARED!!! .......VERY SCARED!!! :shock: :lol: :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
13 Jan 2014, 12:27
good new abounds today! Sounds very interesting rawkaren. Ballerina, nice one too! Should we be afraid of you if and when required? ;)
13 Jan 2014, 12:29
Nah, I am a great big softie really, honest :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
13 Jan 2014, 12:31
Fab result, @Ballerina! bet he caved straight away! :like:
Karen, we will all be following your move with great interest and know you'll be fantastic at your new job! :like:
Previous 1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 69 of 134