The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 72 of 134
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
13 Jan 2014, 20:47
Anybody watching/ watched the programme about dogs left home alone and how stressed they get with separation anxiety
So sad to see but luckily methods available for settling them down while youre out x
13 Jan 2014, 21:05
rawkaren wrote: I didn't realise that shelfies could be a shelf of anything - not just books. I have a shelf (rack) of shoes. Any good?

ok, I'll get me coat.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Until that Brunch programme I'd just seen them with books :razz: and I think they'll mostly continue being just of books - as people are always interested in what other people have on their bookshelves / like reading / favourite books. I think the variations were just a bit of banter.
13 Jan 2014, 22:55
And talking of Dogs left Home Alone ... (@CandiceMarie @PennyForthem @angie090465)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... 8KXJHd&s=1

I don't think this one needs any help in 'settling' while the owner's away! :lol: :lol: :lol: probably can't wait for them to go out! :shock: :wink:
13 Jan 2014, 23:02
Ohhh what a naughty funny and clever boy! XX
13 Jan 2014, 23:11
Lol, my cat does this! :lol:
13 Jan 2014, 23:13
Chicken was obviously too hot - but wolfed them down anyway! Typical beagle!
13 Jan 2014, 23:17
Sooo glad ive reread @Debs blog on famine reaction..thanks D!
I was actually thinking of doing a blog earlier on giving up 5:2 as it was just becoming too difficult
But i didnt want to discourage any newbies by being so negative :0(
Plus i didnt want to get drummed out of the Club and banned from all the Tents :razz:
Anyways,struggled so much since end of Dec ( after finding xmas so easy and losing two pounds over the festive period) ..everything went tits up the last 2 weeks coz had gnawing hunger all the time,fasts were incredibly hard and i failed last thursdays fast and today my fast was hellish,just praying for the day to end..
Thats why i was gonna do a blog,saying i cant live my life wishing two days a week away..
Read the famine thing and it all made sense again..
Sooooo youre not getting shut of me just yet after all! :wink:
14 Jan 2014, 01:07
You 'came out' @rawkaren!!
I'm sure it will all work out well for you!! Seeing each other once a month is manageable as long as you have a long/medium term shared goal to work for. We plan lots of holidays!!! Just working out Alaska at the moment, and house selling so we have plenty to talk about every day!
I didn't realise I'd been to San Fransisco, but don't remember taking any piccies :wink:
14 Jan 2014, 01:12
Can you please link the blog for me. I too am having the same problem. Christmas I was fine, since New year though I just can't seem to control my eating. So far I haven't put on enough to get me worried, but its not going down and the fasts are getting hard to do. I have even tried to go low carb to stop the hunger from starting, it didn't work. But the one thing I am now feeling about this is guilt, which will only make me feel sorry for myself and then the comfort eating will start. Tomorrow is a fast day, I am going to start back at the beginning, just get the fasts under control and eat what I want on feed days (I think it was joining the low carb club that put too much stress on, and probably the Valentines club too. I will quit them and just stick to the basics. Eventually I will break this plateau.
14 Jan 2014, 01:20
Found it, I will read it all tomorrow. I think I may need to relax a bit and stuff my face with lots of stir fries. Hmmmm. A nice clean stir fry. All I have in the house are pies, pasties fish and one pork roasting joint. So much of it my meal planner doesn't allow for 'new' foods for another 2 weeks.
14 Jan 2014, 01:31
I understand what youre saying @Julieathome
But dont get guilty,dont get sorry for self,dont comfort eat..
Read the link and take it from there..ive also been on google and got first chapter of her book for free..the book's on ebay for about £ 13
...the fish,stir fries and pork joint sound good to be going on with!
We' ll soon feel a lot better for fooling the Famine Reaction! :victory:
Off to bed now,hoping to grab a few hours zeds xx hope you sleep well x
14 Jan 2014, 01:38
I think I miss a lot around here by being awake when everyone else is asleep, more or less. Karen, congrats on the job. Your move sounds like such a great adventure, if a bit scary. Carrie, I'm glad your son is ok.
14 Jan 2014, 05:43
I just can't seem to drag my butt out of a chair, it 42c outside and was 33c inside so until the temp goes down inside, my butt is stuck to this chair. Feels like hot liquid running through my veins. I do not know how people work outside on these days, they are making new roads in my street with all that hot machinery, I dont know how they do it. Its seriously like a hot oven outside.
I'm sorry if your cold right now, but you can't always get cool when your hot, but I find you can find ways to get warm easier when you need to.
I'm a melted mess.
14 Jan 2014, 05:50
I hear you zamale, I've just been outside watering the birdbaths and it's 44. 'orrible!!!
14 Jan 2014, 07:55
Silverdarling@I saw it a few days ago and the clever boy is a girl namedLucy :grin: (plus, she's not really a basset, for her to be a real one, she should have black spots like these - That cute one is the third basset we have since 1978

She's a clever girl and know exactly what she wants and how to get it. I love how she pushes the chair to reach the counter :lol:

Morning everyone !

A short night, freezing cold. Finally could take my measures and was in shock reading them, took me one hour to do so. It's funny, my bust is bigger than my hips, I mean wayyyyy smaller

Oh and my ex sent me another mail telling the same thing, he misses me. I think that OH will write him a word or two..... :wink:
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 72 of 134