2005 posts Page 68 of 134
Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
12 Jan 2014, 19:32
Too late, brain gone to know not where :oops:

Ballerina x :heart:
12 Jan 2014, 19:36
It seems to me from the pics posted on this site that virtually all the Brits here live in idyllic places. Is this true? I need to go up to the mountains soon and take some pics to post. I don't have any dogs, but perhaps I could take pictures of other peoples' dogs frolicking?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
12 Jan 2014, 19:37
Looks like I posted last post twice. Is there a way to delete a post? So far all I've ever figured out is how to edit one. Which this is - an edit of a duplicate.
12 Jan 2014, 19:44
Wendyjane, don't worry, I have never figured out how to delete a duplicate post so like your good self I just edit, easy. :grin:

12 Jan 2014, 19:57
wendyjane wrote: Looks like I posted last post twice. Is there a way to delete a post? So far all I've ever figured out is how to edit one. Which this is - an edit of a duplicate.

Only staff can delete posts. I usually delete duplicates when I come across them.
12 Jan 2014, 20:02
That explains a lot, :shock:

12 Jan 2014, 20:05
I delete duplicate posts too, unless they are edited and usually are more amusing than the original post.:razz: lol If you really want something to go away you can just make a post asking a mod to delete the dups. :)
12 Jan 2014, 20:09
I also delete duplicate posts. I have wondered how posts manage to get duplicated. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

@wendyjane, your avatar is a picture taken from your house and it is stunning. The grass is always greener elsewhere.
12 Jan 2014, 20:10
Actually, I've often thought that it might be good fun to NOT change our daft 'predictive text' howlers and see what happens, O.K. Perhaps not, I'll just get off to bed now, nite nite :heart: all xx

12 Jan 2014, 20:43
wildmissus wrote: I also delete duplicate posts. I have wondered how posts manage to get duplicated. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

@wendyjane, your avatar is a picture taken from your house and it is stunning. The grass is always greener elsewhere.

I actually didn't think I did anything wrong that time, so you got me!

And thanks, @wildmissus. We do live in a beautiful place (even when there isn't a stunning sunset), but I wouldn't call it idyllic. To me idyllic implies limited visible civilization. Or a lack of uncivilized, human-made, unattractive edifices.
12 Jan 2014, 22:15
wendyjane, so you just submitted your post once and it appeared twice?

I used to be a city girl but we moved here 10 years ago to a small seaside town with an awful lot of natural beauty around. I used to think I would miss the shops and hubble bubble of the city but no chance I love it up here. I do however like to be 'comfy' so living in the middle of nowhere (which we did consider) isn't for us.
13 Jan 2014, 08:06
Morning all. I thought someone else would beat me to it today as I'm later than normal. Have been up since 4.30am trying to do stuff for the big move this weekend. Plenty of on-line shopping (well research so far). Wrestling with US bed sizing and language. I'm now educated on what a 'sham' is (in relation to bed lining), but it took me a while to figure it out.

Meanwhile, I'm finally de-bloating, but might have another fast day today to get it down completely.

What's everyone else up to today? @pennyforthem loved your doggy pictures and that sunshine looked wonderful.

Is it me or did I notice the nights are pulling out a little? Getting light here this morning at 7.30. Maybe I'm just an optimist :wink:
13 Jan 2014, 08:11
Morning Rawkaren,

My understanding of a 'sham' is a fancy pillow case which is used for top dressing rather than for sleeping on but I'm sure one of our lovely American cousins will let you know if it means something different to them. How exciting it must be for you, good luck, I am SO envious.

I am off to the hairdressers to have a trim and then to the hotel where we all had the awful Christmas dinner to negotiate what they are going to do about our complaints.

13 Jan 2014, 08:30
Get stuck in @ballerina. We all want you to come back with one of your stories :lol:
13 Jan 2014, 08:39
Funny you should say that as I was considering posting some nonsense, after all I've now got a reputation to maintain now that I have an award under my belt to go with with my fat.......watch this space,

Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 68 of 134