The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 70 of 134
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
13 Jan 2014, 12:33
:heart: Well done @ballerina But I would have thought he'd have caved in before this especially with the scary woman facing him :shock: :shock: good result.
13 Jan 2014, 12:51
@rawkaren, I am another who has moved away from loved ones but not to your extent.

When I was in my early 20's I moved to Jersey (from Glasgow) for a couple of years to work. I actually 'met' my now husband over the phone when I lived in Jersey and he lived in Edinburgh. It was a wonderful adventure although sometimes you can be in a crowd of people and feel very lonely but that can happen anywhere. They didn't have the internet in those days which makes a huge difference now by cutting down distances.

Again, when we moved to The Highlands (from Glasgow) 10 years ago to get away from the rat race, when my girls were only 3 and 5, OH still worked in Glasgow for 3 years so that meant him travelling up and down at the weekends. It was hard going but it made the weekends more special. We bought a repossessed flat in Glasgow for OH which was in a mess. He did it up in his spare time during the week and it meant that by the time we sold it we became mortgage free in our current house, big result and I was only 40!

I am a great believer in 'we make our own choices in life'. Sometimes we get it right and have wonderful life experiences but sometimes things don't work out so well which just means we have to make another decision to make thing right again.
13 Jan 2014, 13:01
@wildmissus. Thanks for your story, its both heartwarming and reassuring. I can already tell that when I'm having a downer about it all - there are a few of you who can help. :heart:
13 Jan 2014, 13:07
Oooohh, travels, victories and inspiring real life tales. love it.
I'm sure @rawkaren that you'll soon settle into it all and await all your blogs. Along with a few others, I've travelled around a bit, but never lived outside the UK.
@ballerina good on 'ya

I have been sorting books for the charity shop. We have a den with floor to ceiling shelves down one wall and it's become absolutely crammed with all sorts of books, mags, maps etc. Of course, looking for a particular book yesterday, I couldn't find it! So, enough is enough and I have 3 large bags and I've only tackled a third of it!

Just giving Anu her exercise and training, then back to it for a couple of hours.
13 Jan 2014, 13:15
The French onion soup in my slow cooker is calling me, smells so yummy and the cheese is not even on top of it yet :razz:

Still wondering how to take the right measures for the corset OH want to buy me as a late Christmas gift :bugeyes:
13 Jan 2014, 13:17
Lovely little vid to feed eyes,ears and soul when body is fasting!
Gorgeous images and wonderful music
Xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDjPIgNEFdE&sns=em
13 Jan 2014, 13:19
Manderley wrote: The French onion soup in my slow cooker is calling me, smells so yummy and the cheese is not even on top of it yet :razz:

Still wondering how to take the right measures for the corset OH want to buy me as a late Christmas gift :bugeyes:

@manderley can you find a nice underwear shop where you can be professionally measured? They will then suggest the right underpinnings for you!
13 Jan 2014, 13:23
Thinking of you @PennyForthem this morning
Met a gorgeous springer spaniel just like your darlings
Such wonderful dogs,full of happiness and energy! X
13 Jan 2014, 13:33
I can smell Manderley's soup from here. I just left my carrot soup on the hob too high, ended up getting distracted on this forum and ended up with volcanic soup all over the kitchen. Don't you hate it when that happens :curse:
13 Jan 2014, 13:41
That's why I cook my soups only in my slow cooker, no volcano soup from here... :cool: :wink:

@PennyForthem, I live in a small town (15.000 inhabitants) so no underwear shop here, I would have to do 50 km one way to find one. We have a say here that I won't use as it's not a pretty one, when one live far away from the civilization :razz: :grin:
13 Jan 2014, 13:56
Today was designated as a housework day, but the sun was shining so we went for a walk instead. We had just paid for the car park at a place called Bedgebury National Pinetum, when the skies darkened and it started to hail. OH suggested someone "up there" was trying to tell us that we should have been doing housework.
It cleared up and we had a lovely 2 hour walk through the forest,'feeding my Fitbit'. The housework still needs doing - funny that!
13 Jan 2014, 13:57
The housework will always be there but the sun isnt always shining!
You made the right decision Sian to seize the day! X
13 Jan 2014, 15:01
I have a tricky question (for me it's a tricky one anyway) for the eggs lovers, how satiating is a scrambled egg (one egg with 1tbsp milk microwave cooked) ? A friend of mine who is trying to diet, asked me about it and I really have no clue as eggs don't make me feel full, ever :confused: :?:
13 Jan 2014, 15:45
Manderley, for years (most of my life) I've just had a boiled egg for breakfast and didn't eat till lunch. But if I were having one egg for lunch or dinner, then it probably wouldn't fill me - odd, that!
13 Jan 2014, 15:47
Just wanted to say that I'm so glad you've gone public @rawkaren as I'm dreadfull when someone has a secret that I know about. I've been known to avoid people in case I spill the beans. I just get so excited. I'm no good at keeping things to myself, I just feel like I'm going to explode.
So today I'm sitting at the computer swearing at it...when I hear my son (17) shouting mum, mum, mum, quick help....
He's jacked his car up to put mudflaps on and it's slipped off...yes slipped off the jack with his hands wedged between the wheel arch and the tyre....
"You need to jack the car up" he squeals at me...oh my god I'm shaking like a leaf, can't get the jack closed to the place under an re-open.
I cannot believe how lucky he was that I was home, that I heard home and that I could remember how to use the bloody jack.
Get me a drink please mum, I'm ok, look I can wiggle my fingers, Crickey my little boy is a man
So it's ok now, not even swollen, just broken skin.
And I'm fasting.....
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 70 of 134