The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 73 of 134
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
14 Jan 2014, 08:06
@Manderley - yes, Lucy is the name, and she's definitely a beagle! (even though she is tan and white - they can be tri-colour, that's black / tan/ white, or tan and white, or very rarely lemon and white, which is very pretty.). I saw it on the UK Beagle Welfare site, who had picked up on it from the States. We had two years ago, and one chewed up two pairs of school shoes overnight - we went downstairs next morning to leathery chewed up bits all over the floor ... :bugeyes:

Glad you have measured your waist :victory: but keep up eating a bit more.

Watch out for ex's - they have a way a wheedling their way back - mu sister just got back with hers, and he's left her twice in the past (although this last time it was she who did the leaving) - tho somehow I don't think you will have this problem, as you seem very settled with OH :like:
14 Jan 2014, 08:13
OK so maybe breeders have different rules in different country as here, for mine to get his certificate, they made sure he had the proper spots on the proper place and only three colored were admitted :confused:

No worries about the ex, he's a jerk and I love my man too much to let this one in the way, that's why I forwarded the mail to OH for him to write him back and straight things up. I am the kind of woman who never go back when she left someone. :wink:
14 Jan 2014, 08:18
@Debs and all Aussies - we've just had a section on the very hot ozzie weather on UK breakfast TV! Apparently it will break in the east at the weekend, and return to more normal temps! Still envious! :lol:
14 Jan 2014, 09:41
morning peeps!
I just missed Krista Varady on breakfast this morning; turned on just as she was finishing. They then went onto a feature about Sport relief bake off and showed cakes and pizzas!
We don't watch much TV, but did vatch the dgs alone last night, followed by an interesting documentary about the mushers who took Diphtheria serum to Nome in 1924. Incredible.

Now then @Candicemarie and @Julieathome get a grip, women! You've come so far and we have wet fish in abundance here for you. Don't think about hunger today, but how you'll feel in a year if
a. you continue with 5 2 and lose more weight
b. you stop 5 2 and gain it back

You know it makes sense...

Anyway, more shelfies for me and then the filing cabinet....I may be gone a while!!
14 Jan 2014, 09:48
Don't worry penny you didn't miss much.
14 Jan 2014, 10:08
Morning all. Goodness a lot to catch up here. Been a frustrating morning so far and more to do. Will catch up with you all when I get to the hairdressers this PM. :like:
14 Jan 2014, 10:23
Grr! just went to empty the washing machine only to find that some kind soul (hubby? son?), had left a tissue in their pocket and all the clothes were covered in white 'confetti'. Don't you just hate it when that happens? :frown:
Hope everyone has a great day! :grin:
14 Jan 2014, 10:25
Silverdarling wrote: And talking of Dogs left Home Alone ... (@CandiceMarie @PennyForthem @angie090465)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... 8KXJHd&s=1

I don't think this one needs any help in 'settling' while the owner's away! :lol: :lol: :lol: probably can't wait for them to go out! :shock: :wink:

haha great stuff!!! thank you SLD! just glad and relieved he didn't burn or hurt himself, but what am anmazing clever and persistent adorable dog!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :lol: :like:
14 Jan 2014, 10:33
Ohh@PennyForthem pity you missed Varady,wish i'd known too,maybe she' ll be on again on 'normal' evening telly,like the One Show or something?
No wet fish just yet Penns! Yeh have struggled for 2 wks coz of hunger that just won't go away,and fasting has been a nightmare...luckily i came across a topic about the Famine Reaction..read up on Dr Amanda Sallis ..( " The Don't Go Hungry Diet")..its just a physiological reaction not me losing willpower.The solution is to eat a little more good stuff on feast days,add a few cals to fast days...in other words fool body for a week or two back into submission :grin: :lol: not surprising really,my body must be going,what the hell' s happening,two stones have fallen off,come on lads,we better put a stop to this! :shock:
Don't worry,no way i' m gonna let all those fasts ive already done go to waste! :wink: xx
Hugs to you Hubz n Poochies xxxx
14 Jan 2014, 10:35
callyanna wrote: Grr! just went to empty the washing machine only to find that some kind soul (hubby? son?), had left a tissue in their pocket and all the clothes were covered in white 'confetti'. Don't you just hate it when that happens? :frown:
Hope everyone has a great day! :grin:

Bahhhh! One of my pet hates Cally! Often happens in pyjama and dressing gown pockets i find
14 Jan 2014, 10:46
Don't be envious @silverdarling, it was disgusting today, 45 degrees, 46 tomorrow. Too hot to move, the pavement burns your feet and you feel like a desiccated prune every time you step outside the door. The poor old birds are suffering and have to be kept topped up with water, and apparently about 100,000 fruit bats died from the heat in Queensland. It is pretty nasty, and if there is a bush fire threat here in Adelaide the power gets switched off! :confused:

I'd rather be cold and put some layers on! Somewhere in between the two suits me fine, which is why we live in Tassie!! I'm sure Sallyo and Judio will back me up on that!!!
14 Jan 2014, 11:17
I hate the heat, so I sympathise @Debs. If you're cold, you can usually get warm somehow, but difficult to cool down in the heat unless you have air con.
Glad to hear of your positivity, Candice... atta girl!

@callyanna one of my pet hates, too.

Miso soup downed, paperwork done and shopping list compiled. Just got to go out and shop. I also have 2 bags of books for the charity shop.
14 Jan 2014, 11:21
Yep Callyanna, one of my hubby's pet hates too, especially as I am culpable on that score :oops:

10pm and it's still 30.
Glad to see you are fighting candicemarie, hopefully the monster within will settle down soon!
14 Jan 2014, 13:01
Have a question, what do you think to brussel sprouts you put in a slow cooker with a chicken leg (without the skin, of course), is that doable or do I need to find another veg ?
14 Jan 2014, 13:16
Personally Manderley, whilst I do love a nice brussel sprout, I wouldn't slow cook them. I think they'd take on a cabbage mush, but you could always prove me wrong! You could always add them in later, of course.
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 73 of 134