The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 76 of 134
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
15 Jan 2014, 08:25
Morning @wildmissus. Sorry to hear about your news, although its great they have picked it up and called you back.

So is it a type of arrhythmia? I'm interested because both my brother and sister in law have one and I'm expecting OH to get one at some point as I understood it can be hereditary.
15 Jan 2014, 08:32
I made a lovely gazpacho for dinner tonight, very nice in hot weather. Must check the calories as it shouldn't be very much, apart from the 150ml of olive oil obviously :wink: . The raw garlic has to be good for us all and should keep the vampires at bay!!
15 Jan 2014, 08:35
Morning peeps! How are we all today, wherever in the world we are?

@Debs it is indeed something to feel justifiably proud about and any mark of courage should be 'rewarded' publically. Well done you! 46C? Whoa..... too hot and we hope your skills won't be needed this year.

@wildmissus what a shock for you; as you say, hopefully it will be 'just' a wakeup call and they can catch whatever it is early enough for you to receive good treatment.

Well, that's 2 nights running I haven't visited the insomniacs tent. Must be all that tidying, sorting and throwing out that's making me tired!

Is the time flying for you @rawkaren? Wish I could join you and @silverdarling tomorrow to help celebrate your new life.
15 Jan 2014, 08:40
Morning everyone ! Or afternoon and hope youre keeping cool our Aussie friends xx
@Deb massive congratulations! Thats impressive!
@Wildmissus sorry to hear your news..like Penny said,they know about it now and can give you effective treatment,
Scary isnt it when the Doc calls.. :0(
@PennyForthem i didnt need to visit the Tent last night either,lovely to sleep soundly isnt it! X. Btw,are you going to take pity on the old mice or do they have to pack their tiny suitcases? :cry: :cry: :cry:
15 Jan 2014, 08:43
Debs wrote:
Just found out today I am going to receive the National Emergency Medal for work during the 2009 bush fires in Victoria which I am quite proud about.

Well done indeed, Debs. So proud of you!
15 Jan 2014, 08:56
CandiceMarie wrote: Btw,are you going to take pity on the old mice or do they have to pack their tiny suitcases? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Those mice have had their marching orders, Candicemarie! In fact, I'm off to see if there are any more hiding in cupboards. Hubs is such a hoarder when it comes to anything electrical. We kept 2 old tellies 'for spares and repairs', till I persuaded him to throw them out when we went digital. Nearly broke his heart when we took them to the recycling centre!
15 Jan 2014, 09:08
Morning all, congratulations Deb and hugs Wildmissus, hopefully it won't be anything nasty.

Well last night I was properly tired and was asleep in no time at all. I was really enjoying my sleep till the cat threw up all over my son's bed and floor. He (son) was really good about it and tried to clean it up. I only woke up because he threw her (the cat) out of his room in disgust whilst he was cleaning and she was scratching on our door to be let in. We, son and I, ended up emptying most of the airing cupboard looking for a suitable quilt for his bed at 4am. I know I could have slept the whole night through if I hadn't been woken so rudely, I just couldn't get back to sleep. Once I was up the old 'must eat carbs because I am so tired' feeling kicked in and I've had a bowl of cornflakes, plus toast and Dolchelatta cheese for breakfast.

When I finish this mug of tea I will be back up my ladder putting the pan hanging pole up. My eldest bought me a set of very expensive non-stick pans for Christmas and I just don't have the cupboard space to stand them all. I won't stack them one inside the other as the non-stick will become scratched and ruin them. So I am going to hang them above my window, from the curtain rail. I have blinds in the window so I can still shut the blinds. I just need to nip up to the shed for my trusty screwdriver set and I will be sorted.
15 Jan 2014, 09:36
@wildmissus that must have been a worry when your doctor called- he sounds like a great doctor to call you him/herself. Before I found my wonderful doctor around 10 years ago, before that I was happy with our doctor but trying to get an appointment was impossible. When I called the receptionists would quizz me on the nature of my problem ( none of your bloody business!) Then they would stay it was impossible to get an appt for 2 weeks or more- hopeless! I used to call the receptionists the sphincter police. I'll be thinking of you and you'll be in my prayers ( can't hurt).
Xxx julianna
15 Jan 2014, 09:45
Hello everybody
I have so much to catch up on.

@rawkaren - trust all goes well with the move, and I look forward to continue to reading your lovely posts. :smile:

That is certainly a wake up call @wildmissus - great work that the Dr. could ring you at home and you can get on to it quickly. :smile:

Well done and congratulations on your award @Debs :smile: - my elderly parents live in Adelaide (my home town) - I gave them a call tonight to check up on them - my Mum said she was struggling but they do have air con thank goodness.

It has been very hot here as well, it's our Australian Open Tennis here in Melbs this week and next - I don't know how the players can stand to be playing in this heat.

I like the sound of the gazpacho soup @Debs - I am a bit over cold meat and salads! Will look at making some for the evening meal tomorrow night.

Enjoy the day/night everybody.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:
15 Jan 2014, 09:48
@pennyforthem. Well you are very welcome to pop up to Newcastle to see @silverdarling and I tomorrow, although I know from experience what a nightmare journey that is. I'm really looking forward to it, although a bit nervous too! I'm just hoping my visa arrives today. I have been on the tracker and its due to be here today. Fingers crossed :like:

Edit. OH's has just arrived, but not MINE! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Now what? The nice courier man said I could call him tomorrow morning to try and get a delivery time (assuming its coming tomorrow). I'm a bit cross!
15 Jan 2014, 10:08
I actually got a lot of sleep last night, in fact I now feel groggy with it, just no pleasing some folk is there? :sleepy:

Debs, CONGRATULATIONS on your very worthwhile award :victory:

Wildmissus, like everyone else here I hope it is something in nothing and you are quite right about out weight being SO important. :smile:

Rawkaren and Silverdarling, for some reason I thought you were meeting up in London, brain gone A.W.O.L. again, no hope for me now! :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Jan 2014, 10:14
Ooohhh, I forgot @Debs congratulations on your award! I really appreciate the wonderful work that you do in protecting lives and homes. Living in the Blue Mountains it is a regular threat but that's the price you pay for living in paradise. So happy for you.
Xxx julianna
15 Jan 2014, 10:18
Oh dear @rawkaren, hope it turns up ASAP; I can imagine that stomach butterfly feeling when you are expecting something important. We will be with you in spirit as you celebrate catching up with Silverdarling.
15 Jan 2014, 10:22
Ballerina wrote: I actually got a lot of sleep last night, in fact I now feel groggy with it, just no pleasing some folk is there? :sleepy:

Debs, CONGRATULATIONS on your very worthwhile award :victory:

Wildmissus, like everyone else here I hope it is something in nothing and you are quite right about out weight being SO important. :smile:

Rawkaren and Silverdarling, for some reason I thought you were meeting up in London, brain gone A.W.O.L. again, no hope for me now! :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:

You are on the ball Ballerina, it was originally London with @pennyforthem, (we talked about it ages ago), for a spot of dress shopping but with me leaving on Sunday, it was not really workable.
15 Jan 2014, 10:25
Krista varady is on Woman's Hour now
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 76 of 134