The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 77 of 134
Previous 1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
15 Jan 2014, 10:28
I haven't been here in an age so am gobsmacked it is up to 70 pages, you have been busy chatterboxing

@wildmissus hope your cardiac arrhythmia is easily attended to by your thorough sounding doctor. Sending good :heart: vibes to you.

Oh @Debs that must have been challenging times

@rawkaren it has not been as hot as where @Debs is we were only mid 30s, still it's hot with consecutive hot days forecasted. Meanwhile wish you calm and efficient packing. Hope you have a lovely meetup

@ballerina I know what you mean when sleep finally comes our bodies are not used to it
15 Jan 2014, 10:33
Merlin wrote: Krista varady is on Woman's Hour now
Just missed it. Caught the last minute. Tell us what you thought and what she said?
15 Jan 2014, 10:35
Looking forward to listening to it tomorrow morning, I'll post the link when it comes up on the topic.

Hubby and auntie, both nurses are insistent on watching 24 hours in emergency (English programme) which I hate, too much blood and gore. What is it about nurses and their black humour and fascination with bodily fluids? :confused:
15 Jan 2014, 10:38
I've even looked at trains to Newcastle, but it's a non starter anyway, as I can't leave pups for so long during the day - hub leaves early and gets home late, so I'm sorry, I can't come to see you both.
15 Jan 2014, 10:51
rawkaren wrote:
Merlin wrote: Krista varady is on Woman's Hour now
Just missed it. Caught the last minute. Tell us what you thought and what she said?

@rawkaren To me it seemed a very short interview,but on Womans Hr they do try to cram a lot into the hour..
She was very much being challenged by presenter and another woman along the " isnt this just another diet" lines...
What took me aback was when she listed the health benefits and was asked,what causes these health benefits,she said,Mainly the weight loss! I know it isnt proven,but i thought we were all hoping that the fasting aspects also made a difference here..
Only Every Other Day / ADF was mentioned and as far as i know she didnt directly mention mM or 5:2 just stressed her " diet" is the only one scientifically backed up
Have to say,she seemed a bit of a cold fish too..difficult to warm to her!
15 Jan 2014, 10:54
@candicemarie, could you also copy this to the Women's Hour thread too please for those following that one? Interesting outcome methinks!
15 Jan 2014, 11:07
PennyForthem wrote: I've even looked at trains to Newcastle, but it's a non starter anyway, as I can't leave pups for so long during the day - hub leaves early and gets home late, so I'm sorry, I can't come to see you both.

Yes, I assumed with you on pup duty its a non starter as you say. You will be there in spirit :heart:
15 Jan 2014, 11:24
I'm on a roll today.
DIY for the day done before the lads are even out of bed. Even the hammering didn't wake them. I now have my set of posh pans hanging from a rail above the window (above the cooker would be too greasy). Plus I now have, in my dining room of all places, a racing pushbike hanging from the wall as well. Its going to irritate me big style where it is, but it can't stay in the shed as it was irritating me big style in there as well, plus it would have got sawdust in it delicate bits too quickly up there. So I now have it hanging vertically from the wall, taking up loads of room. You don't realise how bit an adults bike is till you have to hang it on a wall.

So the posh pans are now making my magnolia walls look dull and boring, so I'm going to have to paint the kitchen now! I have also been scouring ebay and found some chalkboard vinyl on a roll so I can cut a large piece for on a cupboard door for messages and use the rest as wipe-able box and jar labels, it saves me having to buy a tin of blackboard paint and ruining the front of the cupboard. I also bought some butterfly and flowers stickers for my front porch windows as they are looking boring too, now I've taken down the Christmas decorations. I'm out of money now, so no more online shopping, I had best find something to do for the rest of the day.
15 Jan 2014, 11:40
gillymary wrote: How is puppy @PennyForthem

Thanks for asking @gillymary

Settled into a good routine, now. Out, feed, out (puddle to command!), play, out, rest and start all over again.
She sits when I just lift my finger and only gets strokes when she's sitting. She's learning to sit and wait by the door, rather than rushing through it. We have few 'accidents' now and she's learning to give the right signals when she wants 'out' and I'm learning to interpret them.
She's also settled well with the other girls!
We've started 'lie' training. Phew, it's all go....
15 Jan 2014, 11:52
I really admire your practicality,capability and positivity @Julieathome
And@PennyForthem i admire how well you train your dogs!
I love dogs but i dont like to see dogs who behave " badly" ..
More than anything,i don't like it for their sake,as i read that they're anxious if they think they're the " leader of the pack" coz their family allow them to do what they want,e.g., run to the door barking when the bell rings,jumping up at visitors..
If they are trained they are much happier coz they know how and where they fit into the family circle and can relax.
15 Jan 2014, 12:12
@Juilieathome I recently discovered you can buy things to protect the inside of nonstick pans http://www.stellarcookware.co.uk/Ranges ... ector.html if you get fed up of looking at them. They also work well as heat resistant stands.
15 Jan 2014, 12:53
Good day to everyone !

Just had the time to read this thread today

@Debs Congratulations

@wildmissus Big but gentle hugs :heart: Hope all we be solved as soon as possible :heart:

To all our friends down under, please be careful and hydrated hydrated hydrated ! :like:

So the asthma attach is in fact a bronchitis so I have to stay warm and drink a lot of hot lemon during the next few days. I would put honey in it except my liquid honey is solid and uneatable :confused:

My cell phone nearly died last night, which is a huge pain. Touch screens are great except when the touch thingy doesn't work anymore. It's working again today, which I don't understand, at all, but I still have to look for a new phone not too expensive which can be tricky.

Oh and OH shared one of his work with me last night and I am pretty proud of myself. I understood what he was talking about (in this case, sacred geometry) !!!!! :cool: :grin:
15 Jan 2014, 12:58
Thanks @Candicemarie and I agree with you. Our pooches are not fault free by any means, but they are socially well adapted and generally a happy bunch. When we're out, many people ask if hubs is a professional dog trainer, as he loves to have them working as a pack, but individually to whistles. Of course, he's doing the 'glamorous bit' that folk can see, but there's a lot of hard work that goes on behind the scenes with them. I think we could make a good professional dog trainers!

I draw the line at dogs dancing though!

Just read your post Manderley - take care, hun!
15 Jan 2014, 13:06
Manderley, try popping your pot of honey in a bowl or pan of hot water and just leave for 10 minutes or so. It will soften the honey. Or microwave for 30 second bursts until soft.
Previous 1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 77 of 134