The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 94 of 134
Previous 1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
20 Jan 2014, 18:34
I wish I could be a chucker outer, I'm turning into a hoarder. When we moved here we downsized from a three bedroom tardis bungalow to this little two bedroom house, we didn't get rid of anything so we have far too much furniture in every room and the garage is full of unopened boxes and sideboards - we went through an auction phase, buying instead of selling and hubby kept bidding for the sideboards. There is no room in the garage for the car and it's difficult for us to get in there to clear it out. We found out that the roof leaks so everything is wet and ruined so not even suitable for recycling. I think I'm getting like the people on the 'Hoarder Next Door' TV programme, my bedroom is really a junk room with a bed in the corner, I should follow your example PennyForthem but I really don't know where to start.
20 Jan 2014, 18:45
Hello @coffeetime I'm not very good at it either, but better than hubs!
20 Jan 2014, 18:49
Oh I hang on to things @coffeetime as I am sentimental where as my DH is a chucker. He saves me but still he has never been let loose in some of my cupboards.

I seem to be a Virgo in my kitchen pantry @wendyjane which is very organised into bottles all neatly packed.

Oh @PennyForthem I am a passionate preserver not in the quantities you do but have a wonderful spice drawer and always make sure I have every imaginable spice in that drawer and they get used too. So I save bottles and jars in preparation for what I hope to pickle or preserve. You can imagine the frustration of DH as he eyes my empty bottles

Like your awards girls, nice touch @moogie
20 Jan 2014, 19:16
Who's tried the peanut butter hot drink? Is it nice?
Peanuthottie 83cals.
I wouldn't drink on a fast day too many cals.
20 Jan 2014, 19:25
Never heard of a peanut butter hot drink - is a bought one or one from a recipe?
20 Jan 2014, 19:28
image.jpg
Peanuthottie drink
I love peanut butter, just wondering if anyone's seen or tried it, it's a store bought drink Penny.
20 Jan 2014, 19:43
Caroline, yesterday when we were in Sainsbury's my daughter was eyeing that up instead we bought real chocolate hot chocolate - a packet of chocolate drops you mix into hot milk. Would be interested to know if it was any good.
20 Jan 2014, 20:00
Oh that's a coincidence that's were I saw it @wildmissus. Ok I will get some and give it a go. It's a though job but someone's gotta do it. :grin:
20 Jan 2014, 20:35
You are taking on a bit responsibility @carieoates. Daughter and I await your food critic review. My preferred choice of peanut butter is Whole Earth Crunchy and right now I'm fasting and could eat a whole jar.
20 Jan 2014, 20:48
Don't have a Sinsburys near us yet. would also be wary of buying a big jar in case I didn't like it.
20 Jan 2014, 20:49
[quote="Merlin"
PS I accidentally hit the thumbs up button on your post and it turned down-I'm not doing a Dryathon and it is showing in my typing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

@Merlin not sure if you know but hitting the thumb (to thank someone) turns the thumb down.

Sorry if it's eggs, grandmother, suck but wasn't sure from your post if you realised that's how it works.
20 Jan 2014, 21:22
Mmm hot toast with butter mixed in with peanut butter? How delish ....ooh tomorrow can't come soon enough!

Bean :starving:
20 Jan 2014, 21:38
No it wasn't grandmother and eggs. This grandmother just hadn't noticed it before! Thanks for solving my puzzlement
21 Jan 2014, 00:03
Evening all. I have an attic that is strating to become crammed with 'stuff'. A lot of it is empty electrical goods boxes, 'just in case' they need sending back, or we move house again (or sell the item), as its so much easier to pack a flat screen TV for example, in its original box than bunging it on the back seat of the car.
I also am hoarding stuff for the kids, 'just in case', another example, a 6 man tent with enough sleeping bags and air beds to do everyone in it. My kids aren't going to go camping, or if they did they wouldn't need a 6 man tent to do it in. But I'm loathe to throw the tent out. I may need it someday when I decide to get some respite on the top of Snowdon or somewhere remote and nee a 3 bedroomed tent for all my necessary luxuries. Also, what am I going to do with the Encylopeadia Britannica collection? @Cariotes you may be interested in the medical ones.
21 Jan 2014, 00:21
Here's an interesting article about a small study (by a famed food researcher, though) indicating that children eat better when they think someone is watching.
http://www.ithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs. ... 4301190017 . I like his speculation at the end that maybe knowing that someone is interested (cares) makes us want to do better.
Previous 1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 94 of 134