The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 93 of 134
Previous 1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
20 Jan 2014, 08:55
@Maggie, big hugs :heart: to you. As 5:2 is still fairly unknown in France, even if I mention it, nobody knows what it is. Of course, there are questions on the how the kilos went away but, in that case I just day that I changed my way of eating, which is true. Only OH knows the "real truth". My family knows but is in a kind of denial. :confused:

Good day everyone !!! :cool:

Still not totally manage twitter, like how do you do the # thingy and need to find a real useful android app for it as the official one is worthless, it doesn't even show you the new twit and I missed most of last night, like Karen's arrival :cry:

@Sue.Q, you're so sweet.... I may go for a second hand one, I found interesting ones for around 150, just need to find how to buy one. Until then, I have a backup, very slow (the kind you have the time for a coffee when you open anything) so no worries, I won't go away :grin:

Today I plan to finish writing a blog post, as @CandiceMarie asked me days ago, about my 2 years stay in England 20 years ago. And after that I think I won't have any other choice than to go back for a pilgrimage :grin:
20 Jan 2014, 08:58
Since starting 5:2 I have stopped eating breakfast - fast and feast days.
I'm just not hungrey so decided that I would listen to my body and stop.
Although post fast I do sometimes have a Paleo type breakfast which my husband cooks for me - bacon and eggs! :grin:
20 Jan 2014, 10:32
Mmmmm what I wouldn't give for bacon and eggs right now! Mind you is it just me or does it never taste quite as good as it smells?!

Bean :bugeyes:
20 Jan 2014, 10:40
Hey I'm really chuffed! I just tweeted Susan Hill (one of my favourite authors) and asked her if she thought Rupert Penry-Jones would make a good Simon Serrailler. Low and behold I got a reply! "Once but tv moves so slowly he will be too old" how cool is that?!!

Bean :cool:
20 Jan 2014, 10:57
Cool, but rather sad, bean!

We have a huge pile of 'things' from the deep, dark, depths called 'under the stairs'. I have decided to be completely ruthless and chuck stuff/send to charity.
What to do with an Actify with a broken 'paddle'? I could buy a new paddle, but, as we no longer use it, that seems a profligate expense! But I'm also loath to let it go... loft, then.
What about the soda stream? Hmmm. we *might* use it when grandkids are here... back under the stairs, then. Decisions, decisions. Hub will be presented with a fait accompli, otherwise, it'll all go back 'just in case'...
20 Jan 2014, 11:03
Ju is at home packing while I'm back in my Pilbara rabbit hutch. He is a shocking throwing awayerer so I am expecting to go home and find all our worldly possessions at a local car boot sale. His stuff is treasure, mine is trash apparently!! :confused:
20 Jan 2014, 11:06
Aren't you supposed to us the "one year rule"? If you haven't used it for a year...just chuck it...and, if I may add, don't look back!

Bean :wink:
20 Jan 2014, 11:09
Oops, in that case most of our stuff has been in boxes since we moved in as we were renovating. Shan't mention it to anyone!!
20 Jan 2014, 11:12
@PennyForthem,I have the exact same "under the stairs" black place with the excuse that everything is in boxes so id doesn't matter even if I didn't touch anything for years. In fact it's even worse, I keep broken things, like my broken toaster in here as well :shock: :grin:

Ready for my first real ride since the foot accident. My phone is loaded with mp3, it will be my first music ride :dance:
20 Jan 2014, 16:07
I have been Mrs Efficient today. Been out and bought collapsible crates, which fit the kitchen cupboards. All my heavy ingredients are in there now - 10 kilos mustard both black and yellow, 2 kilos smoked paprika, tubs of spices, dried fruits...
I have pull out wire racks for the lighter stuff.
Under the stairs now looking clean and tidy and there's a pile for the tip (including the Actifry). Unfortunately, I tried putting the dogs on it, but they wouldn't stay!!!
20 Jan 2014, 16:14
My goodness @PennyForthem you've had a good work out today just shifting all those heavy condiments! :like:

I love having my kitchen cupboards well organized too, think it's the Virgo in me! :grin:
20 Jan 2014, 16:43
How did the bike ride go @manderley?

That's in addition to about 20 litres vinegar, Callyanna!!
20 Jan 2014, 18:09
Just saw the thingy under the avatars, about the awards, thanks Moogie, they look wonderful :heart:

@PennyForthem, the ride went well, only 30 minutes as I had issues to catch my breath but it should be fine in a few days. Riding with music is excellent, even if I want to sing along and I can't :razz: :grin:
20 Jan 2014, 18:11
Oh congrats you guys on your rosettes!
Lovely idea@Moogie x
20 Jan 2014, 18:24
callyanna wrote: My goodness @PennyForthem you've had a good work out today just shifting all those heavy condiments! :like:

I love having my kitchen cupboards well organized too, think it's the Virgo in me! :grin:

There've been a couple of "Virgo qualities" comments on the forum, and all I can say is that my ex was the biggest slob in town, and surely did not know what an organized anything was, never mind how to accomplish such a task. I haven't seen him in over 30 years so maybe he grew up at some point? Hmm...unlikely.
Previous 1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 93 of 134