The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 123 of 134
Previous 1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
27 Jan 2014, 09:28
Morning everyone !

Yesterday's raclette didn't agree with me, even if I ate only a small portion. Couldn't eat anything last night and had just a bit of toast this morning with lemon and lime marmalade but not with great enthusiasm. I really do think that this kind of food is not for me anymore. Not for now anyway

Will do some shopping later, the first real one in nearly 2 months :grin:

PS I have cut and paste what I wrote on the insomniac thread instead of here. Really don't know where my head is this morning.... :shock:
27 Jan 2014, 09:50
Morning peeps!
Just noodling here over a coffee or two, while I summon up the energy to get ready to pick hubs up and go to the dentist. Hopefully, just a checkup for us both.

He's pretty good at housework, @wildmissus. We were both divorced a while when we met each other (16 years ago next month!) so he was used to doing his own housework. We're both quite easy going and, with all those dogs, our house is always requiring a bit of TLC!

Before I started this WOE, hub used to chose and cook at least one meal per week; I think, with your state of health, you should be explaining to your hub what you want him to do. Maybe it doesn't even enter his mind that he needs to help, especially if you 'manfully' shoulder all the burdens. Even if you explain that you 'might' have to go into hospital (even though we all hope you don't) and you want him and the family to know what needs doing.
Good luck xx
27 Jan 2014, 10:18
@Pennyforthem, he is more than capable of doing most things but he knows if he waits long enough I'll do it. The phrase he used once a long time ago was 'why have a dog and bark yourself' - he's still paying for that :wink: . He often says things like 'leave that, it doesn't need doing just now' which just means 'you can do it tomorrow'.

As I liquid fast I leave the three of them to sort their own tea twice a week. Sometimes that is microwave meals - instructions - 'prick with a fork', how appropriate :lol: :lol: :lol: .

He is slowly beginning to realise that most days I don't feel great (when I come home from work and go straight to bed for an hour) and does offer to help. I need to learn to let him help.
27 Jan 2014, 10:38
:heart:
I need to learn to let him help.

@wildmissus I think that is truly the hardest thing to do, I have always found that hard with my hubby too. I hope you'll be feeling better soon and not so tired after work.....at least he is offering to help a bit. Give him a trial run! :victory:
27 Jan 2014, 10:43
Oh dear, I really do have it easy!! My hubby came fully trained! His mum was Danish and told me when she was alive that she wasn't having any son of hers going into the world unable to look after himself. As a result I haven't cleaned anything in years. I have bought him an iron, a backpack hoover and let him get on with it!!

He is far more houseproud than I am and enjoys cleaning, whereas I will do anything rather than clean? Therapeutic? So is teeth pulling IMHO!!!!!

I couldn't imagine being with someone who didn't do his part, there is a bit of role reversal really as I am the main bread winner. It is great going back home for r&r as all teh house is done and we can just go out and enjoy ourselves (read eat!!).
27 Jan 2014, 11:52
Whilst doing the housework this morning :confused: I've decided that what I'm going to do is leave him written instructions. This is something I've done before in small doses, eg. turn oven on at 4.50pm, wash potatoes, 'prick with a fork' :grin: , at 5pm put in oven at 200 degrees and set timer for 1hr 15mins. I'll start with him prepping the veg for dinner then I'll add on other little jobs. If he moans about it I won't be there to hear him. :wink:
27 Jan 2014, 12:55
I'm very lucky too OH does all of the washing and most of the ironing. He is a bit OCD and if he could have his way, all of the labels on the tins in the cupboard would face the same way :lol:
27 Jan 2014, 12:58
Good idea @wildmissus, break him in gently! Hopefully this will then become the norm for him to undertake more of the household jobs without prompting or moaning! Hope you are looking after yourself and taking things easy when you can. x
27 Jan 2014, 13:16
Auriga wrote: :heart:
I need to learn to let him help.

@wildmissus I think that is truly the hardest thing to do, I have always found that hard with my hubby too. I hope you'll be feeling better soon and not so tired after work.....at least he is offering to help a bit. Give him a trial run! :victory:

Yes, I agree @auriga and @wildmissus. Good luck and keep us posted! xx

Back from the dentist with a clean bill of health for teeth and gums for both of us!
However, reading some of the glossy magazines in the waiting room, I definitely think I am in need of a makeover! It's not that I want to (or even could!) look like any of them there women in the photos, but I realise I am a tad behind the times, clothes/hair/makeup wise (rarely wear makeup, though!)

I need someone to take me in hand! Hubs is no good, as he says I look nice in anything (bless) and friend no good as all we'd do is go to M & S and she'd buy clothes and I'd watch (we did try once!). My ultimate long time friend and style guru is too ill for this.
Oh well, I shall carry on ploughing my own furrow, till the next time I'm at the dentist, reading glossy mags!
27 Jan 2014, 14:05
@PennyForthem why not try a visit to a 'John Lewis' make-up counter...I believe they give you a free make-up makeover there....and you could go wild at the hairdressers! Take a pal and have a great day out. :victory:

P.S. I haven't got shares in John Lewis just read an article about the above in The Telegraph at the weekend! :bugeyes:
27 Jan 2014, 14:10
Thanks @auriga the nearest John Lewis to me is Liverpool.

@Candicemarie fancy meeting me and giving me some moral support?
27 Jan 2014, 14:26
rawkaren wrote: He is a bit OCD and if he could have his way, all of the labels on the tins in the cupboard would face the same way :lol:

Oh @rawkaren, I think that might be even worse than having a partner who is a couch potato and never does anything to help! :frown:
27 Jan 2014, 16:01
I hve found somewhere local to try some NYDJ jeans, @rawkaren @silverdarling and @carorees. At least I'll know what my size is before I look online.

I'm a bit of a Mrs Grump today; went to Morrisons for some liver; no liver. Wanted carpet shampoo; no carpet shampoo (how can a supermarket not have shampoo?). Walked back to meat and veg for sweet potatoes; no sweet potatoes.

I turned into Mrs complaining grump. I'm sure they love me!
27 Jan 2014, 17:06
PennyForthem wrote: Thanks @auriga the nearest John Lewis to me is Liverpool.

@Candicemarie fancy meeting me and giving me some moral support?

Let me know if and when youre going JL Mrs Grump! Should be able to make it there ( healthwise) even if only for an hour coz i live close by
Fasting day and getting peckish..craving vegetables :razz:
27 Jan 2014, 17:07
wildmissus wrote: Whilst doing the housework this morning :confused: I've decided that what I'm going to do is leave him written instructions. This is something I've done before in small doses, eg. turn oven on at 4.50pm, wash potatoes, 'prick with a fork' :grin: , at 5pm put in oven at 200 degrees and set timer for 1hr 15mins. I'll start with him prepping the veg for dinner then I'll add on other little jobs. If he moans about it I won't be there to hear him. :wink:

You must@wildmissus! Slow but sure..slowly slowly catchee monkee! :shock:
Previous 1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 123 of 134