The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 15 of 134
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
21 Dec 2013, 20:03
As long as Dasher, Prancer et al (you know who you are!) :wink: are up for it!
21 Dec 2013, 20:05
Blitzen up for it Santa C'ptn.
21 Dec 2013, 20:09
Saw the deer at Bradgate Park today. Don't know the colour of their chins though (and not reindeer)
21 Dec 2013, 20:21
Three shopping days left and I really need to get fresh veg and fruit on Monday. Slightly concerned everyone else will too :0O
Ooh and greek yoghurt. And organic eggs.
Met a friend I haven't seen in months and she too is avoiding wheat, word is spreading folks.
21 Dec 2013, 20:33
Gorgeous treats bought today at the farmers' market. We'll visit the 'big' Morrisons about 12 miles away tomorrow, which breaths cool mist on fresh veg. There are things I want there, such as fresh horseradish root, and I can only get them there. Plus a bottle of gin.

What's not to like?(er, the queues)
21 Dec 2013, 20:51
Were doing our main shopping on Monday too. Though it may be more like 2:00am Tuesday morning instead. We have shopped at 10pm on 23rd dec before now and found it still packed. But once the booze aisle closed it calmed right down.
I don't mind it, but being in a wheelchair makes hubby feel claustrophobic, well you would do with everybody's eye fixed ahead and not seeing the person sat in a wheelchair at your waist height. He gets bumped something terrible.

I've just said bye to some dear friends who brought their 5 month old little girl with them. The little mite had to have a major operation at 3 days old and again at 3 months old and receives daily treatment at the moment. She should be all OK by the time shes a year old though. I spent most of their time here nibbling baby toes and cuddling her whilst chatting. When I wasn't cooking dinner of course. I'm shattered now.

I am very proud of myself, or should I say my body. I stopped at 3 slices of pizza, instead of eating the whole pizza, I also only had one of the tiny baby jacket potatoes as well. My body has finally got a loud enough voice to say stop and override the eyes and the mind that says 'yes I want more, give me more'. So as said, I'm proud of my full switch for not being shy. I did havce a little pudding about an hour later. It was only little.
21 Dec 2013, 20:55
callyanna wrote: As long as Dasher, Prancer et al (you know who you are!) :wink: are up for it!

Vixen here clipclopping over the rooftops! :like:
Looking forward to meeting in the NY x
22 Dec 2013, 08:30
Morning to all ! :smile:

Just had the most wonderful, fluffy giant pancake ever - made with natural yogurt instead of milk - with a kiwi fruit and clementine on the top of it and some salted caramel on top of that :heart:

No more shopping until the end of next week as the vanilla ice cream, frozen raspberries and salsifis,a very old veg which doesn't seem to exist outside of France, and the only shopping I'll have to do after that will be bacon and fresh sprouts for New Year's lunch. I just regret mince pies didn't cross the Channel year, I would love one or two right now :razz:
22 Dec 2013, 08:48
If you want me to send you a box @Manderley just PM me and one will wing its way to you x
22 Dec 2013, 14:36
I second that Manderley. Anytime you have cravings, or need anything and we can post it, just ask.
We will deliver.
22 Dec 2013, 14:40
Today has been very quiet so far, apart from hubby playing loud music. I think I should go upstairs and wrap the rest of the pressies. But I don't feel like it.
What I feel like is some Greek yogurt and fruit. But I don't have any fresh fruit in. The only tinned fruit I have is pineapple or manderines, or home preserved plums. I'm not sure about the plums though. The jar is still vacuum sealed, it was my first attempt at preserving fruit for crumbles etc. I just have this idea that I will get food poisoning from them. I guess I don't really trust my preserving abilities.
22 Dec 2013, 15:09
Is it even possible to get food poisoning from fruits ? No idea
22 Dec 2013, 15:55
Is there anyone here apart from me and FatDog who havent yet had a mince pie? X :grin:
22 Dec 2013, 16:02
CandiceMarie wrote: Is there anyone here apart from me and FatDog who havent yet had a mince pie? X :grin:

I had some pie at Thanksgiving (end of November) and none since, does that count as not having any yet?
22 Dec 2013, 16:05
Me! Haven't eaten them in Years, though I did buy these for @Manderley today

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-pr ... ies_6.html

They didn't have a great deal of choice, unfortunately!
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 15 of 134