The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 18 of 134
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Dec 2013, 11:50
Oh so sorry to hear you are unwell @Manderley and hope it will only be very shortlived and you'll be able to join in with all the Christmas goodies and celebrations. Look after yourself. :heart: :heart:
23 Dec 2013, 12:00
@Ballerina i hate the hairdressers too!
Its sad tho that Mrs H is no longer the person OH and you used to know isnt it ...
fear i am already like this tho almost thirty years her junior..sooo grouchy and grumpy i drive myself mad.dread to think what will be like at ninety if God spares me ( this is what i mean...grouchy grumpy AND finding self saying things like If God spares me..God willing etc..
Next thing i know i will be offering to say decades of the Rosary for people.once a Catholic always a Catholic as they say...Tho ive been a lapsed Catholic since age 12, it runs thru you like Blackpool thru a stick of rock!)
23 Dec 2013, 12:05
*hugs* @Manderley . I have a theory that many of us live such stressful lives that as soon as that stress drops the bugs invade. So we get colds etc when we go on holiday or when the holidays arrive. Its either that or the opposite, Christmas and holidays being uber stressful so we succumb.

Hairdressers and going grey. I did the same, I went a lighter colour so that the tide mark with the greys didn't stand out too much. I couldn't face repeat trips to the hairdressers for root touch ups, or the horrid tide mark, especially as my hair is right down to my coxis. I also couldn't face cutting it all off as some have suggested, long hair supposedly being the reserve of the young and that I should cut it to look more 'my age'.

As for clearing and tidying the patio, its a wonderful idea. I would love to be able to spread out like that at Christmas time, you can be part of the party, yet in a corner out of the way. Sometimes the stresses for the Autistic and Aspergers ones, in a house, hemmed in by the weather and being chased down by well meaning relatives who then invade personal space, can be, putting it mildly, way to much for them to cope with. Being able to escape outside or at least put some space and a planter between them and the activity would be brilliant.
It sounds daft, but mine cope better with a meal in a busy restaurant full of strangers who don't 'bother' them, than they do in a house full of family, who should know better how to behave.
23 Dec 2013, 12:10
Get well soon @manderley

Well here we all are in the hair chair waiting for gunk to be applied to roots. It's crazy in here and even worse on the roads. Weather is dreadful and people are driving like idiots on the A1.

On the positive. Waitrose is done. I turned up at 8 not realising it opened at 7. It being Waitrose, the trolley jostling was genteel, but I suspect it might get more aggressive as the shelves start emptying !
23 Dec 2013, 12:23
rawkaren wrote: Get well soon @manderley

Well here we all are in the hair chair waiting for gunk to be applied to roots. It's crazy in here and even worse on the roads. Weather is dreadful and people are driving like idiots on the A1.

On the positive. Waitrose is done. I turned up at 8 not realising it opened at 7. It being Waitrose, the trolley jostling was genteel, but I suspect it might get more aggressive as the shelves start emptying !

Get well soon @Manderley xxx
@rawkaren kettle's on,bringing you a cuppa in a mo x
23 Dec 2013, 12:33
Get well soon @Manderley. Your mince pies are on the way to cheer you up!
They'll go down a treat with @rawkaren's cuppa.
I've just had an unexpected, but lovely, surprise. Son and granddaughter just popped by for a cuppa - well, granddaughter is only 8 months, so no cuppa for her. I feel Christmassy now!
23 Dec 2013, 12:33
To you all!! :heart: :grin: :smile:
23 Dec 2013, 12:42
Thank you Angie x
Hope your sciatica has vanished for Christmas?
Have a cool yule! See you in 2014! X
23 Dec 2013, 12:46
CandiceMarie wrote: Thank you Angie x
Hope your sciatica has vanished for Christmas?
Have a cool yule! See you in 2014! X

You are welcome Candice!! :grin:

sciatica gone for now phew.. thanks for asking :lol: :like: its blowing a gale here, went out earlier and it was manic grrrr

have a lovely xmas :heart: :wink: and enjoy your time with family!!

:smile: :heart: :dance:
23 Dec 2013, 12:48
I'm glad youre oain free for crimbo! Love to you and doggies x
23 Dec 2013, 12:48
They are now serving champagne here in the salon. It's a fast day and I'm driving so I had to say no :cry: @candicemarie your cuppa is much nicer thank you
23 Dec 2013, 12:59
Aw thats a shame
Maybe just a little sip? It IS christmas eve eve...
But yes..my teas are delicious * bows modestly and backs out of hairdressers* x
23 Dec 2013, 13:00
Ohhhh ...theyve asked me to sweep up while i' m here..Tsk as if i havent got enough to do..its ok for you lot just sittin round getting crimbo cuts x
23 Dec 2013, 13:43
I'm not sitting around. I've just had a panicked daughter on the phone. Her saniflo has blocked solid, the soonest a plumber can get to her is January. So I'm off ladened with screwdrivers, socket set, goo gun and silicon and various other tools to rescue her. Then we will head off to the leisure centre she works at for the gym and pool. Then we will eventually get to the butchers for tomorrows meat.
23 Dec 2013, 13:48
Hi Julie!

oh no hope the saniflo gets sorted out, a pig to happen now!!
good luck!!
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 18 of 134