The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 19 of 134
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Dec 2013, 13:56
Husband informs me he is going into town so I have commissioned him to get the turkey tin-wonder what he will bring back!!
23 Dec 2013, 14:58
Asda shop done *tick*
OH sat happily in the car while I braved the throng so all went smoothly.
Forgot satsumas. And biscuits for cheese.
Oh well, there's always Sainsburys for last bits tomorrow morning :0)
Time for a cuppa, though OH is dozing ...
23 Dec 2013, 16:21
I have been away since the 19 th so had an awful lot of reading to soon this thread alone. So much has happened that I can't begin to remark on it all except to let you all know I was sympathising and celebrating with you all as I read. I do hope you all have a lovely Christmas.
23 Dec 2013, 16:46
Just got back from Manchester with Mrs H senior, actually got back about an hour ago but have been busy, to find that the 6ft + brick wall between us and next door has collapsed due to a fallen tree in the storm. It is their wall, and tree, but everything fell into our garden, what a mess but they have already been in touch with their insurance company. Both sides have lost our outdoor lighting which was on the wall and the mess is quite something with all sorts of shrubs and smaller trees devastated, hey ho! When the tree hit it must have had a domino effect as the whole length of it went, not just a hole, I blame the cat which makes a change from blaming his mother! Not upset as folk the world over have REAL problems to deal with, this is nothing more than a minor irritation, no one got hurt and that is THE most important thing.

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Dec 2013, 16:51
Wow Ballerina. At least no-one got hurt. But as you say, sounds like quite a mess. I have had a dull day by comparison - and now back from the hair chair, done a few phone calls and now looking to occupy my time as I'm hungry and have already eaten my fast day calories.
23 Dec 2013, 16:57
Wow Ballerina, I had a similar event some years back - woke to find the brick wall neatly horizontal across the garden. Insurance paid up BTW so you should be ok eventually. A dratted nuisance though {{{+}}}
23 Dec 2013, 17:02
:heart: as you say @ballerina a minor disaster compared to others but just another problem for you just as visitors etc descend on you :heart: .
We've just returned from our final last minute shopping trip

Had a pub lunch which wasn't planned but enjoyed but I would coz it was meant to be my last fastday!!!!
Still haven't made mince pies + quiches that will have to wait until tomorrow now as I'm warm + weary now.
:heart: :heart: :heart:
Happy Christmas everyone enjoy yourselves :clover: :clover: Sue
23 Dec 2013, 17:04
Sorry to hear your news Ballerina, so lucky that nobody was hurt. It could have been a bad accident - the tree could have fallen on your house! Why do these disasters always happen at Christmas time? Now your holiday will have to be spent clearing up the rubble, but look on the bright side, you could use it as excuse to re-design the garden!?!
23 Dec 2013, 17:59
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and Coffeetime, the insurance company will pay someone else to clear up the garden, I refuse to waste time doing such a thing when I can just sit and drink wine instead. They say that every cloud has a silver lining well, when it got dark the silver lining in this case became obvious. Next doors garden lights are really rather lovely, much nicer than the ones we HAD, so we now have a beautifully illuminated back garden, wow. Upset? Moi? What do you think? :lol:

23 Dec 2013, 18:37
Sounds like you have the right positive attitude, Ballerina. A tree fell on our neighbours' house a few years ago. What a mess. Sympathies, but enjoy those lights and wine!
23 Dec 2013, 18:40
Ballerina wrote: Thank you all for your kind thoughts and Coffeetime, the insurance company will pay someone else to clear up the garden, I refuse to waste time doing such a thing when I can just sit and drink wine instead. They say that every cloud has a silver lining well, when it got dark the silver lining in this case became obvious. Next doors garden lights are really rather lovely, much nicer than the ones we HAD, so we now have a beautifully illuminated back garden, wow. Upset? Moi? What do you think? :lol:

Just so glad @Ballerina that you ,OH and Mrs H are all in one piece..every cloud indeed..just think if it hadnt been crimbo and you hadnt been collecting Mrs H..
Deffo in the right place at the right time,or not in the wrong place at the wrong time! :confused: XX
23 Dec 2013, 19:29
Hahaa Ballerina, beautifully illuminated rubble?
23 Dec 2013, 19:52
coffeetime wrote: Hahaa Ballerina, beautifully illuminated rubble?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Coffeetime you have made me laugh out loud, love it

Ballerina x
23 Dec 2013, 20:05
Phew, I nearly forgot! :doh: :bugeyes:
Bins and recycling now put out in the pitch dark, heavy rain and howling wind ready for tomorrow morning, I don't want a mountain of it piling up over the Christmas hols. I don't know how much of it will still be there for collection though, most of it could end up in Devon. :neutral:
23 Dec 2013, 22:50
I'm back, Saniflo (Sanilav) sorted. It took taking the whole toilet out, undoing plumbing etc to clear it out. Not nice. But its now working well. I have one very grateful daughter now.

Talking about walls coming down, my sister had a lovely little cottage on a really awkward bend. It was a nightmare to get in and out. She had plans to eventually move the drive way gap to a better position, but it would have cost thousands as it was stone walling. Until a truck skidded on the road and ploughed through the wall. She was bouncing with joy as she could now get her wall done at someone else's expense.
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 19 of 134