The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 20 of 134
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Dec 2013, 22:57
Mmmm, I wonder if you should sent this little fiscal tip to the good burghers of Berlin, they have been without their wall for some time now

Ballerina x :heart:
24 Dec 2013, 04:53
Morning/afternoon/evening everyone. Have been up since 4am as OH wants to go into the office early for a few hours before they close for the break. Plus its howling a gale here (again), so can't sleep anyway. I'm supposed to weigh myself this morning but somehow I don't think I'm going to like the number.

Think I might make some sugar-free mince pies this morning :like:

How is Christmas Eve coming along in Australia?
24 Dec 2013, 05:02
Hi @Rawkaren *waves* Christmas Eve is going well in Brisbane. Trifle has been made, my teenage daughter is baking Christmas Gingerbread in the Kitchen and I have prepared the snacks for Santa and his reindeer(my job for the 5:2 Christmas Party).It is one 3pm and the temp is 29*c or 88*F so pretty warm and humid. Merry Christmas
24 Dec 2013, 05:25
Jem61 wrote: Hi @Rawkaren *waves* Christmas Eve is going well in Brisbane. Trifle has been made, my teenage daughter is baking Christmas Gingerbread in the Kitchen and I have prepared the snacks for Santa and his reindeer(my job for the 5:2 Christmas Party).It is one 3pm and the temp is 29*c or 88*F so pretty warm and humid. Merry Christmas

Coooeee Jem. I can smell the gingerbread from here. I think I would go for humid over 4 deg C, raining sideways and a 70mph gale! Snow forecast later though so we might be up for a white Christmas. :lol:

Merry Christmas to you in Brisbane!
24 Dec 2013, 06:52
Hi @jem61 I have just made my trifle too am awesome concoction of good fats eg butter in the chocolate cake and mascarpone and 1kg of cherries. Am so glad we are sharing but I spirited to the side 3 little trifles so my DH, DS and I can indulge. Am now onto the greens prep which I can do today ready for tomorrow's construction of platters. I am knackered but nearly ready.
24 Dec 2013, 08:03
I am also knackered but that is for the same reason as Karen. The howlin' gales hit us through the night so woke at 5:30am. I'm off to work this morning , hoovering this afternoon and that is me for the day. Tomorrow I'll do all the food prep - it's only the four of us so not too much to do.
24 Dec 2013, 08:14
Well, I'm in the aftermath of Christmas number one. Diving daughter was supposed to be working so came down on 22nd. Did the Christmas meal and pressies last night and the boats are all cancelled today, so she's still here. And it looks as though she may be here on Christmas Day too! :grin: :grin: :grin:
And Beloved and myself aren't working today. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope everyone has a lovely time doing what they want with who they want! :bugeyes: :oops: :shock:
24 Dec 2013, 08:26
@wildmissus that noise that woke you this morning was my missing wall, can I have it back please, fancy it getting as far as Nairn? :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
24 Dec 2013, 08:47
Morning (or evening) all. I think we got off lightly with the storm, but I think we might have part of your wall here, too. Here, catch...

Dynorod were here at 8.15 and the sink fixed by 8.30. That's what I call service.

My favourite jobs today (not)
steam clean the kitchen floor
polish some silver (thank goodness we don't have much!)
vac

Repeat after me: I must not sit here and noodle with you all day.
24 Dec 2013, 08:47
Good day to everybody and thank you so much for your kind words :heart: . I am still a bit woozy - I think it's the right word - but it's much better than yesterday. It's not because of the stress, in my case, just because I don't like the Holiday season for years and always tried to find a good excuse to not socialize and now I have a perfect one, I fall sick every year around the 23rd like clockwork.... and still not socialize. I make an effort for my parents the 25th but keep to myself on Christmas eve and New Year's eve.

So... It's very windy here, we had 100km/h wind last night and had to call the real state agency that put a sign on the window across the street because it's about to fly away and could injure somebody. :shock:

In a minute I'll begin to prepare the ganache for the truffles I'll bring tomorrow. With gloves and a mask, oh so glamorous I look.... :cool:
24 Dec 2013, 08:54
It's going to be a good day. The storm has gone, the sun is out (sorry to everyone else suffering) and a very nice man has delivered the 3 bird roast, which I think will feed the entire marquee....
24 Dec 2013, 08:57
:heart: :heart: :heart: Merry Christmas@Manderley
Oohhh I've managed to tag you at last (10days later) the reason being ending in ley and not lay Lol I'm so thick!!!

Well@rawkarendid try to help me and I still couldn't see what was wrong :shock:
Well now I must get on and make my mince pies
and quiches
Enjoy all you do especially the quality time with your parents
See you at our virtual party :heart: :heart: :heart: Sue
24 Dec 2013, 09:22
Thanks Sue, Merry Christmas to you too. :heart: :clover:

Ooops.... have a gift for my dad (Johnny Mathis cd, he looooooves Johnny Mathis) but have no gift paper and don't have the time to go to buy a roll.... :razz:
24 Dec 2013, 10:22
One of my personnal elves in exhausted and all curled up under the cover

Isn't she sweet... :heart:

24 Dec 2013, 10:31
Awe @Mandeley absolutely adorable
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 20 of 134