2005 posts Page 58 of 134
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
08 Jan 2014, 07:09
pizza. :-( it's a fast day. 4pm on a fast day! :-(

And Brian Cox. oh my.
08 Jan 2014, 07:56
Wow - a quiet night :wink: - I did actually have the best night's sleep in ages. I found out yesterday that my salary is pay protected until March 2017, which gives me wiggle room to plan my next move /save / etc. before it drops - I hadn't realised how much this has been bothering me. Just over three years isn't long, but it's better than 3 months :bugeyes: :wink:
08 Jan 2014, 08:03
What a relief Silverdarling!
Xxx
08 Jan 2014, 08:05
My sleep was a bit patchy as I knew I had to get up early to get on a train (where I'm typing from now). Stupid thing though is that I always get up early :doh: :doh: :doh:

I enjoyed the stargazing thing last night too, although I'm a bit too old for Brian Cox..... :oops:

@silverdarling. Sounds like the cloud has a silver lining.....
08 Jan 2014, 08:14
It gives me more thinking and planning time, Karen. I'm not somebody who makes major decisions on impulse and hate being 'forced' by circumstances to do things - life's more complicated than that! I'm a Virgo - we exercise caution in all things, and like to consider all angles before we make a move! I have learnt to override this occasionally and act a bit counter-intuitively, but given a choice prefer a more measured approach! :wink:
08 Jan 2014, 08:25
Ah Silverdarling that explains OH. He's a Virgo and he talks and talks an talks but very rarely does. I like to make a decision and get on with it, I am very black and white, I am however a planner. No matter what happens we always get on with things and manage them at the time no matter how unexpected.
08 Jan 2014, 08:39
haha rawkaren. I'm too old and too quite a few other things for BC, but I still enjoy watching him.

I need to go eat something. I'm completely losing the plot.
08 Jan 2014, 08:40
Yes! I am a perfectionist too - and this can make for procrastination!! I think talking is our way of feeling our way around things and dealing with our anxiety - which can be considerable and very debiliating if not tackled. I'm sure you listen to him WM and you don't know just how much that will help .. :lol: :wink:
08 Jan 2014, 08:56
MaryAnn wrote: haha rawkaren. I'm too old and too quite a few other things for BC, but I still enjoy watching him.

Me too! And surely @rawkaren you're younger than me?!
08 Jan 2014, 09:22
Morning peeps!
How are we all this morning?
I'm having trouble with t'internet; think we'll have to change our router - anyone got any suggestions, please?

@rawkaren what did you decide to do about your job offer?
@silverdarling that cloud might have that silver lining after all :like:

Righty oh, back to puppy, who's very vocal this morning. Her father is one of those dogs who sing to opera, so I hope Anu isn't the same!
08 Jan 2014, 09:29
Boo Hoo, missed the stargazing last night but we can watch later via something called Apple TV, don't ask as I don't know but it works. Brian Cox not my cup of tea although I can see what you all mean, a bit smirky for me but still quite nice. Jimmi Ali Khan, or whatever he is called does it for me though as does our own home grown Dr Moseley. Brains and whoar does it for me everytime, can't stand just eye candy as they never see past their own gorgeousness. Hubs is secretly in love with Dr Alice Roberts for much the same reasons and if I was that way inclined I'd probably agree with him.

Silverdarling, how nice that your salary is ringfenced for a while, as you say, it gives you a bit of wiggle room. I am a Leo but even I don't like having to make snap decisions and like all Leos, I just HATE other folk making life changing decisions for me, she roars, shakes her mane, oh sorry Lionesses don't have manes, do they? Well, that's unfair and another show of discrimination, bah!!! :shock:

Penny, my next door neighbour gets her puppy, in 4 weeks time so I shall be able to enjoy it all by proxy and no mess to clear up, your little one sounds lovely, ah!

Ballerina x :heart:
08 Jan 2014, 09:32
@carorees. I'm 51. My fat face keeps the wrinkles away :lol:
@pennyforthem. Good question. Possibly.... More next week :?:

Right I'm at my destination now so catch you all later!
08 Jan 2014, 09:59
As I thought @rawKaren, you ARE younger than me! (I'm 54)
08 Jan 2014, 10:38
I seem to have inadvertently made Bread rolls with ground almond and linseed and GF flour, and then eaten a bowl of banana slices in natural yogurt this morning. That's blown carb intentions out of the water for today! I was on automatic as it's a grandsons day.
Oh well. Fasting from 7pm and through tomorrow so no harm done :0@
Sun's coming out so have a happy day :0)
08 Jan 2014, 11:15
One of the blokes at work came back today with a blender and herbalife shakes to lose weight. His wife is a distributor so he felt he had to try. I asked him what he was going to do when he'd finished the course of shakes; he didn't know and conceded that he would probably would go to how he was before which he was disappointed by. I mentioned I was fasting and perhaps he ought to think about that instead as he wouldn't feel deprived or on a diet. I have given him the site details and hope he follows it up.
Later in the afternoon he'd crumbled and was snaffling down a family size bag of BBQ crisps, mmmmm!!
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 58 of 134