The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 61 of 134
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
09 Jan 2014, 16:51
@pennyforthem. Sounds painful. I hate bad backs. Worse than toothache. Hope you feel better soon.

I have had a fun 36 hours of work but every mealtime was carbs, no choice. Nothing healthy and the types of places where you can't just sit there and eat nothing because it looks rude. I feel quite dreadful and my face is all puffed up. Wondering if I can get a fast in over the next 24 hours.

Yesterday
chicken panini
Prawns and noodles

Today
Bacon sandwich
Tuna sandwich.
:cry: :curse: :cry: :curse:
09 Jan 2014, 16:53
Oh, commiserations to you too Karen! Think a low carb day is well in order to alleviate your symptoms! :wink:
09 Jan 2014, 17:22
I KNOW! Isn't it great that this WOE makes us so conscious of what we are eating. I'm sure it is not bad in the grand scheme of things but it has made me feel so horrid. And to top it off, I could taste the sugar in the doughy bread this morning. I did my best to eat as little as I could but it was truly foul.
09 Jan 2014, 17:37
carieoates wrote: Good morning everyone. I've just voted. I know some people have decided not to, but I nearly missed it and it closes tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder, @carieoates. I was on the forum so little over the Christmas/New Years weeks that I'd totally forgotten. And as I just said elsewhere, my apologies to those who thought the awards a bad idea. I really didn't think it anything but a bit of celebratory fun. Only when someone pointed out that people who've had serious weight issues their whole lives might be overly sensitive about "popularity" contests, did I think about that angle.

There are about 4 categories where I hope that @Moogie will declare a tie or a triple win, since I really couldn't choose fairly...
09 Jan 2014, 18:05
Oooh an hour to the end of today's fast and I'm caught between two hard boiled eggs with salad and mayonnaise or GF bean soup :0o What to do?
09 Jan 2014, 18:10
Azureblue wrote: Oooh an hour to the end of today's fast and I'm caught between two hard boiled eggs with salad and mayonnaise or GF bean soup :0o What to do?

As I'm in the voting spirit, I vote for the bean soup. I'm having the rest of my son's minestrone later for dinner. He's not much of a cook, so I was pleased when he volunteered to make it while he was home (having the girlfriend here to impress might have helped his motivation :smile: ) Anyway, I was trying to say he's a very infrequent cook. The soup is quite good.
09 Jan 2014, 18:10
Brr I'd go for the soup Azureblue
09 Jan 2014, 18:24
Yes the soup! Boiled eggs are heinous, even worse with mayo! Well I suppose I'm not eating it am it, so enjoy whatever you have.
09 Jan 2014, 21:13
Azureblue wrote: Oooh an hour to the end of today's fast and I'm caught between two hard boiled eggs with salad and mayonnaise or GF bean soup :0o What to do?

Sounds like you're between a rock and a hard boiled egg, AB! Which did you plump for?

More doggie sagas here... our old girl has either done too much playing with pup, or she's got another bout of vestibular. Vet for her tomorrow.
And bang might go tomorrow's fast as we have decided on a Malaysian banquet at our local oriental wok restaurant. Chicken bang bang, you might say.
09 Jan 2014, 21:25
And bang bang the fast PFM! :wink:

Sorry to hear elder dog not too well :frown:
09 Jan 2014, 21:30
Hopeful of doing your quiz t'moz, SD, but will see how things pan out. When I have been able to sit down today and log on, more often than not, I have no connection.
Bang bang indeed xx
09 Jan 2014, 21:31
never mind Penn - doesn't end until Saturday, so plenty of time yet :victory:
09 Jan 2014, 21:47
Oh dear police helicopter about... hope all are safe and well, especially on our main road.
09 Jan 2014, 21:51
And now blue flashing lights.... hate it.... thoughts to anyone involved x
09 Jan 2014, 21:54
Well the eggs and salad won out and jolly delicious they were too. After Stargazing Live I drank a milky hot choccy and my day's calories have finished on 293, carbs on 23g and protein 18g. So hurrah and here's hoping for a HUGE drop on the scales tomorrow :0)
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 61 of 134