The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 62 of 134
Previous 1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
09 Jan 2014, 22:54
Well folks I had a day working in London today - not a fast day so I had some melon and pineapple for brekkie then went out for lunch to stop myself slitting my wrists and had a mozzarella and tomato panini with a few chips and salad and then had dinner at mother in laws, which was a car-crash of chicken breast in a tasteless mustard sauce, to which she had added creme fraiche, which had curdled, veg and mash (which she had put butter in) plus a small glass of red. I feel ABSOLUTELY STUFFED and am looking forward to a fast tomorrow - just hoping I haven't distorted my weigh-in tomorrow morning but what will be will be!
09 Jan 2014, 22:58
Sometimes they just are @madcatlady
09 Jan 2014, 23:21
Evening all, a bad nights sleep last night with both hubby and I awake with pain. At least we kept each other company at 3am before going back to bed. To oversleep because hubby had turned the alarm off. We did make it to the hospital for my new round of MRI scans , on my lower back this time. I HATE those machines, I close my eyes before I go in and don't open them till I am dragged out again. The bed you lie on and the pillow thing they put under your knees was so uncomfortable after 25 mins of being perfectly still that I hobbled out of the room in agony.

It was still a nice day out with just hubby. A small ploughmans for lunch at the hospital canteen, without the bread roll, though I did finish off hubbies rice pudding. Then for dinner it was curry and rice. I had better calculate it all tonight as I'm trying to cut down the carbs, a bit hard when I am also trying to cut down the Christmas cake stash as well. I am seriously going to have to give the cake away as no-one else in the house eats it and I have a nearly whole one left. I wonder if my daughter would like it?

On a more serious note, my eldest son went to the docs about a couple of problems, one is his continuing depression (long story). The doc was a new locum, and asked about the family. Within 2 minutes she was talking about calling in the Social Services about our youngest as he 'obviously needed a social worker'. I really do wish they would give new Doctors a more thorough training on Autism before jumping to conclusions. We are going to have to get our regular docs to jump on her before she starts rocking the boat. The last thing we need is a referral to Social Services, Martyn overheard us and is already starting to freak and assume he is going to be taken into care. As if my life wasn't bad enough already.
09 Jan 2014, 23:49
Watching the repeat of Weight Loss Ward as a deterrent/motivation....
10 Jan 2014, 07:54
OMG - I'm in shock - just weighed in for Valentine's challenge and I have lost 5lb this week so since New Year, when I had gained over Xmas, I have lost half a stone! I know bigger losses often follow gains but I never lost like this when I was at SW - so happy to be getting closer to my targets and a more enjoyable summer this year ie not hot and sweaty!
10 Jan 2014, 08:01
WELL DONE!!!
10 Jan 2014, 08:09
Oh dear @Julieathome how worrying. Lord, protect us from do-gooders, eh?
10 Jan 2014, 08:24
@julieathome I wish that all mental health issues would just disappear.
My poor little nephew has autism amongst other things. My mother in law is dreading travelling to the other side of the world to see his mum in February as she can't cope with him. He's now so big at 12.
At least here in the uk, there seems to be more knowledge about this condition.
I hope you and your family's ongoing health issues are reduced/ resolved,
10 Jan 2014, 08:46
@Julieathome Lots of positive thoughts and gentle hugs as it's all I can do from here :clover:
I have the same doc since always, well this one for 25 years, just after the other one retired, and I know my luck. As I don't go see him often, if I call to see him he takes me at once and listens without making a fuss, which is a great thing. I don't know how I'll do when he'll retired....

Did a spontaneous fast yesterday and was about to do it again today so cut it out and had a tiny breakfast. Don't know why but if I don't have breakfast I can only have a fast and not go for 16:8, never works. The Aries in me always goes for the "all or nothing" which can be a curse sometimes

On a weird note I recieved a mail from an ex last night saying that he misses me. :shock: :bugeyes:,it's weird as we broke up more than 3 years ago and didn't stay in touch since. Well, I decided to not reply and, of course, will tell OH about it. Men are so complicated..... :bugeyes:
10 Jan 2014, 08:50
@manderley come back, you can't just drop a bombshell like that and then leave us high and dry. What did you say to your ex? I'm now all agog, trying to imagine what is going on in your lovely little Gallic head, do tell :grin:

Julie, I really hope everything gets sorted out soon for you, in all areas of your poor battered and bruised life, ..........hugs, hugs and oh, more hugs to you :kissed:

Ballerina x :heart:
10 Jan 2014, 09:23
@BallerinaWhat did I say to him when, last night ? Nothing. My jaw dropped at first, felt a bit nauseous and then I decided to not reply. It's not my problem if he "misses" me and, well, most important of all, I am with a lovely man for a year now so don't have time for somebody from my past.

There is one ex I stayed in touch with, but it's because he's my best friend and we never stopped talking to each other but after more than 3 years what would I say to that man ?

Plus, my man is the jealous type without ever admitting it, I don't think he would appreciate an ex trying to crawl his way back to the nest :wink:
10 Jan 2014, 09:36
Thank you for that Manderley, you are one very well adjusted lady, good luck withe lovely man you have found,

10 Jan 2014, 09:42
I am an all or nothing woman, and never ever go back in the past. When it didn't work once, there's no way in hell it would work the second time. Plus, I love my man and would never betray him. And, funny story, how could I want anything to do with a man I was so bored with in the first place that, in the intimate moments I looked at the clock praying for it to finish quickly ? :rotfl:
10 Jan 2014, 12:09
Ballerina wrote: @manderley come back, you can't just drop a bombshell like that and then leave us high and dry. What did you say to your ex? I'm now all agog, trying to imagine what is going on in your lovely little Gallic head, do tell :grin:

Julie, I really hope everything gets sorted out soon for you, in all areas of your poor battered and bruised life, ..........hugs, hugs and oh, more hugs to you :kissed:

Not much energy to write much today but echoing @Ballerinas words to both @Manderley and @Julieathome ..big hugs xxx
10 Jan 2014, 12:11
Manderley wrote: I am an all or nothing woman, and never ever go back in the past. When it didn't work once, there's no way in hell it would work the second time. Plus, I love my man and would never betray him. And, funny story, how could I want anything to do with a man I was so bored with in the first place that, in the intimate moments I looked at the clock praying for it to finish quickly ? :rotfl:

Hehehe! I think we can all relate to that feeling at one time or another @Manderley! :lol: :lol: :grin: :frown: :shock: :grin:
Lie back and think of England as they say..but thats a topic all of its own! :wink:
Previous 1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 62 of 134