The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 64 of 134
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
11 Jan 2014, 09:48
I love cumin, but not cinnamon. The nice thing about soups is that you can pop anything in the slow cooker and a few hours later, you have a delicious meal.
*goes to rummage through veg rack...*
11 Jan 2014, 09:55
We had a lovely lunch in town yesterday and as we made our way back to the bus station we saw a little boy of about 3-4 years of age absolutely crying his little heart out clinging to his dad's legs. As we passed them looking suitably sorry for him hubs said to the little boy " she's not worth it lad! you will get over her" the dad laughed, we laughed and the little boy looked bemused but at least the fact strangers spoke to him and everyone was laughing cheered him up. He didn't understand but the sad thing is ONE DAY he will and the tears will flow again. Hope he remembers hubs words of wisdom when the day comes.

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Jan 2014, 09:58
Its funny @pennyforthem how some people just cannot stand cinnamon. I guess a bit like coriander. Both seem to provoke reactions in people. I like them both, but then again I like anything.

I'm doing a bit of casual entertaining tonight. Normally guests get treated to some culinary delight, but I'm guessing they are on diets, so I'm doing Hairy Dieters Chicken Tagine and then they also have a spiced apple cake which is "only" 250 cals a slice. It's got cinnamon in though :shock: For the blokes I might knock up some chick pea flatbreads to mop up the juices in the tagine. I'm going to prep it all now and then just warm it up tonight, so I don't get stuck downstairs in the kitchen. Our house is upside down - the lounge is up a set of stairs as the garden sits at the back on a hill, so I sometimes get stuck in the kitchen missing out. However most of the time, they end up in the kitchen with me nattering away whilst I'm preparing.

Must dash. See you later. :like:
11 Jan 2014, 09:59
Ballerina wrote: We had a lovely lunch in town yesterday and as we made our way back to the bus station we saw a little boy of about 3-4 years of age absolutely crying his little heart out clinging to his dad's legs. As we passed them looking suitably sorry for him hubs said to the little boy " she's not worth it lad! you will get over her" the dad laughed, we laughed and the little boy looked bemused but at least the fact strangers spoke to him and everyone was laughing cheered him up. He didn't understand but the sad thing is ONE DAY he will and the tears will flow again. Hope he remembers hubs words of wisdom when the day comes.

Ballerina x :heart:

What a lovely story! I bet his dad was pleased you helped him stop crying.
11 Jan 2014, 10:49
Jumped on the scales this morning and saw a number I hadn't seen in a very long time - whoop whoop! Expecting to go up a bit over the weekend as I'm having 2 feast days but nobody's raining on my parade!
11 Jan 2014, 10:53
I became a big soup eater but, as it's really difficult to know the exact calories in a homemade soup, these ones are for non fast days. I may add spinach at the end of the cooking because I looooooove spinach and will add the herbs at the last minutes, parsley, garlic, thyme :cool:

Damned I am hungry now :grin:

BTW I just realized I am now over the 1000 posts which NEVER happened before, even not in French so you can imagine how big event this is for me, I'll have a little dance right now :dance: :-P
11 Jan 2014, 10:54
Great result @Madcatlady, way to go girl! :like:
It's a horrible, wet and miserable Saturday here so think I will spend this afternoon in a nice warm kitchen having a cook-in session as there's nothing I need to go out for. Have a good day everyone!
11 Jan 2014, 11:02
@callyanna pop over the border into Wales and the sun is shining.
Off out with our pooches. We have been offered the use of a large fenced area not far away, which we can use for Anu's recalls; all our others are perfect on the recall/whistle, so we want to work to make her the same.

@rawkaren that's one thing I love - a good tagine. Enjoy your evening.
11 Jan 2014, 11:05
Mmm, tagines, soups, casseroles! I'm a definite cold weather cook!!
How did you come up with your pup's name penny?
11 Jan 2014, 11:11
@PennyForthem, forgot to tell you that I used the last of your Christmas chutney that you so kindly gave me when we met in a turkey mince meat loaf and it was yum so thanks again! :like:
11 Jan 2014, 11:21
And the fig salami soaked in brandy was an absolute triumph too!!!
11 Jan 2014, 11:22
That sounds quite delicious, Callyanna!

@Debs we call our dogs a name that has something to do with the month we got them. We didn't want 'Jan', so came up with the name Anu because:
There is Anu in January
We have a Finnish friend called Anu, who has just returned with her family to Finland to live.
11 Jan 2014, 11:24
That is brilliant!! We called a cat Annie, as we got her on our anniversary!!
11 Jan 2014, 11:39
Blue screen of death on the laptop this morning.... Great start to 2014 :frown:
11 Jan 2014, 13:28
Another night of broken sleep, whats most aggravating about it is that I had bought Magnesium to help with the sleep, but didn't take it, typical. So today I will take it as its a fast day, though I usually get the fasting bad sleep the day after the fast.
As for today, the sun is shining and I'm still on the PC. Hmmm, something wrong there. I'm off for a shower with hubby in a few minutes, then we will be doing some filming for our Youtube channel (we review e-cigarettes and their liquids), well hubby reviews them, I just talk and help him with opening packets etc.

If that goes well and I have enough daylight left I am getting out and pruning the clematis now its all gone to sleep. One rather rampant clematis has to taken back to ground level as its all growing on just one thin stem which is in dire danger of snapping too easily in the wind. Then this evening I am going to see if I can get the bicycle clamps fitted to the wall for the bike our daughter gave to our son as there is no room in the sheds for it. So its being fitted in the dining room, or maybe the hallway. It has to be done as I can't use my big shed at the moment because its in the way and I don't want the parts being gummed up with sawdust.

Busy busy day, without the lads interrupting. Then again I may just drag hubby to bed and have my wicked way with him.
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 64 of 134