The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2001 posts Page 3 of 134
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX CANDY!!
28 Mar 2014, 22:06
You're so right @nursebean beanybobs..sun night was much worse..first couple hours monday were hellish but by ten thirty,eleven a.m wd have got back into the swing of it x
28 Mar 2014, 22:12
Sunday night horrors. His face captured it very well :shock: :shock: :shock:
28 Mar 2014, 22:40
Ok so my pay is ridiculously low being a part time school worker, but I don't work Fridays. So my thurs is my Friday, and Friday is the start of My weekend.
Work life balance and all that. Luckily my hubs is a manager. :lipcurl:
28 Mar 2014, 23:15
Yay, the major part of the holiday booked. Well the apartment and the lads flights anyway. Hubby and myself will be taking a more relaxed, 'that place looks nice, lets stay here the night' approach as we drive to and around Bulgaria. I won't be getting mine and hubby's holiday insurance until I have lost another 2 stone (eating wine gums is not helping). As the holiday insurance quotes I've had, taking into account the neck injury/surgery, double if you are over 15 stone.

I have been permanently glued to the sofa by the pussy cat for about 9 hours, so I think I have had plenty of rest today. I like to think its because cats can sense when someone needs their comfort. But, with this cat I think its 'warm lap, grab it' as she's getting old and probably arthritic.

My surgery sites are itching, its sending me crazy,as even a gentle stroke over the wound tells me how tender it is. And now the wine gums have given me indigestion.

Shopping tomorrow. Me on crutches and the two lads acting as bodyguards and gofers (go for this, go for that). It will be nice to get out and see the shocked reactions to the dressing on my neck. I do admit, I look as if someone has tried to slit my throat. Even the people who know I've had surgery have been shocked. I will take it easy, even hubby has threatened to put me in a wheelchair if I don't take it easy. Catch you all tomorrow.
29 Mar 2014, 14:24
Hi @SilverDarling I think it was on this thread where you were kind enough to update me on the UK flood situation, for which I thank you. I've added the Guardian to my favorites bar in hopes that I will do some reading to keep myself more in the know.

I hope that you will continue to settle in to your new work location--it can be hard, I know. :clover: :clover: :clover:
29 Mar 2014, 14:31
I've been so envious of you all in the UK enjoying your Spring weather--but I think we finally have Spring here in the northeastern US--several days now of temps above freezing :shock: Can't tell you what a relief it is after such a long, cold winter.

I'm actually looking forward to doing some ironing this morning because I have a couple of new Spring acquisitions to iron and admire--sometimes I'm so easily amused :razz: :smile:

Oh and @Carrieoates and @NurseBean--both born in 1969--the same year my DD was born. It's nice to think of you three lovely, lively ladies when reading the forum.
29 Mar 2014, 14:37
I had an idea about starting a "selfie I dare you" thread, but got so depressed looking at my pics that I just want to ...I dunno: hide, put my head in the sand, or a paper bag over it...blääää (Ä is the next to last letter in the Swedish alfabet) . But i bought some rosé wine that I plan to take out in the greenhouse later. :angel: :booze:
29 Mar 2014, 14:43
Ohhh go on @Wolfie
Get some rose down you and start a thread! X cant promise to do a selfie today,hair needs washing but i MIGHT do one tomozz..deffo lookin up into the camera tho to hide a host of imperfections! :razz:
29 Mar 2014, 16:05
image.jpg
C'mon @Wolfie it'll be fun.
@Julieathome that's so right about our feline friends. I was jumped on after my op, I sometimes had to kick them off as they were too heavy for my tum at the time. Glad you're doing ok. And having a holiday to look forward to is fantastic.
Sitting in my garden, on my deck, listening to the radio and watching my chooks eat up all the little bugs I've uncovered. Bliss.
29 Mar 2014, 17:10
Hallo forumites all, what a gloriously sunny day and I saw 20*C come up too.
Today I have mostly been watching a pair of sheepdogs herd Indian runner ducks, other dogs jumping through burning hoops, and a daring chap on a quad bike make huge leaps across a large gap up high. There were food and craft stalls a plenty but I some how managed to miss the knights jousting ...
It's all fun innit. Fasting tomorrow :0)
29 Mar 2014, 17:25
@Wolfie have you tried the above your head angle? It worked for me...sort of :confused:

Oates? What's the picture?

What a wonderful day it's bean today...sunny and quite warm. The girls enjoyed it!

Bean :shock:
29 Mar 2014, 18:18
Well up here in the north east it's been misty and dreich all day. No 20deg for us :curse: :cry: ... Never mind, spent all day having coffee, and then lunch, with some good friends :lol: :wink: :lol: it was great to catch up and not have to bother about the mizzle outside :victory:
29 Mar 2014, 19:33
Sounds like you were mizzled inside SD, glad to hear you had a good day, we all need these times to recharge our batteries,

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Mar 2014, 20:12
Thanks very much Bean

Hello Chatterbox Candy

A big shout out to peeps. A friend of mine is very sad because some one big in her life has let her down and won't emotionally release her.

I think life is so busy, we forget that we need be kind to, and love ourselves every single day, repeat every single day.

So, if times are hard for you, move negative thoughts into positive thoughts and actions because you are a special BEAN.

Take care.

Let's dance!

Liz x :heart:
29 Mar 2014, 20:39
Welll said@lizbean hope yr friend will be ok..she's lucky to have you x
image.jpg
(59.69 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 134 Next
2001 posts Page 3 of 134