The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 68 of 134
Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
23 Feb 2014, 22:20
I do, I used to live 150 yards from it. As you left the Sea Zoo and went towards the Mermaid, just before the Mermaid there is a road that heads inland. 150 yards up that road on the left is where I used to live. Its now Cerrig-y-Barcud holiday lets, but it was just a falling down farm when we ended up there. The kids used to jump over the fence and wander round the 'working farm' anytime they felt like it.

Edited directions.
23 Feb 2014, 22:22
What happened to it? It looks healthy on Google maps?
23 Feb 2014, 22:23
Loulou51 wrote: We live about 10 miles or so inland from Wells on the north Norfolk coast and we used to put our caravan at Pinewoods in Wells for a couple of weeks every summer. Still close enough for me to nip home and feed the animals/check the post etc. We used to take toppers (small plastic sailing dinghy) and kayaks and have a wonderful time.

We had a static caravan at Kelling Heath for over 30 years (3/4 of my lifetime!) and this will be our first year without it - we're hoping to get a flat/cottage instead but in the meantime don't have our bolthole - feels very strange....
23 Feb 2014, 23:08
It is strange to read all your Summer holiday plans when I'm hoping that the hot days have passed. We're having 30 deg tomorrow which is the hottest we are expecting this week. Thirty is OK, 40 not so much.
24 Feb 2014, 09:33
Hello and good week everyone !

I am off anything related to fasting and 16:8 for the week. Saturday, I nearly fainted, had cold sweat, my knees were weak and trembling, felt dizziness and all that began while I was sitted and not moving. I had to lean on the furniture to not fall down. It didn't last very long but still, it was pretty scary, and to see my face in the mirror was the scariest part. All white, even my lips... Yesterday, I was still weak, even if it was not as bad as the day before. So, the verdict is a bit of hypo tension, nothing to worry about. Did you know that it's better to have hypo than hypertension ?

The good news is, OH is back tomorrow. Really can't wait.... :heart:

That reminds me, I hope you had a great time this weekend with you OH @rawkaren :wink:
24 Feb 2014, 09:40
Morning peeps. Such an exciting morning - having a stone chip repaired on the windscreen!
Hope @rawkaren had had a great weekend and that @wildmissus is feeling more positive this morning... hugs x
Sorry to hear about you, too @manderley xx

Catch you all later xx
24 Feb 2014, 10:20
Glad you have got sorted @Manderley x do you have to take medication now?
24 Feb 2014, 11:32
Thanks. I always was a low tension kind of gal, mostly 9 or 10 when I am healthy and my GP even had some trouble to take it once and I freaked him out as I can have very low tension when I am sick, around 6. Plus it can be a premenstrual thing as my periods are for today (sorry) so no medication for now, just increase water, coffee and salt intake, do small meals, low carbs, more garlic and 20 to 30 minutes meditation everyday mostly because I need to relax.

And sleep. Lots and lots of sleep, which will be the most difficult part of it.
24 Feb 2014, 16:56
Annoyed. Bought two pairs of trousers and one shirt for grandsons in Waitrose and discovered when I got home that they had charged for two shirts. Gaaaaaargh! Can't tills ever get it right? Really fed up at being ripped off AGAIN.
24 Feb 2014, 17:00
Thing is, they won't reimburse you for the fuel costs for taking it back. Bloomin' annoying!

It's quiet around here isn't it?
24 Feb 2014, 17:09
@Julieathome putting my haematologists hat on now. Just to day that all blood tests are better done when fasting, unless told otherwise. The lipids in your food do interfere with blood tests. We always used to ask owners to fast their dogs and cats prior to bloods, but we always knew they if they haven't. It leaves a milky layer on top of the sample, It was unbelievably obvious. If you can imagine the little globules of fat floating around in a pot of blood.
24 Feb 2014, 17:20
Nice image for tea time...thanks Oatesy!

Bean :starving: :confused:
24 Feb 2014, 17:41
nursebean wrote: Nice image for tea time...thanks Oatesy!

Bean :starving: :confused:

Whoops. Sorry. I'm just not at all squeamish. Can I put an alert at the top.?
24 Feb 2014, 18:02
You need to learn how to use the spoiler tag at the top of the text box Ms Oates!

Had my dinner, thankfully. To be fair, I'm not squeamish either.

Very excited about an imminent meet up with the lovely Suchard - turns out she's moved to my corner of the world and is just a few miles along the beach now :grin:

Oh, and, the Hairy Dieters RULE :like: the children and I have just devoured their meatloaf from the second book. They weren't keen on the spicy tomato sauce even though I reduced the chilli content, but no matter, they had Heinz instead :wink: I have yet to make a recipe of theirs which is disappointing. As far as I'm concerned, they can start wearing their underpants over their jeans :lol:

Bring on tomorrow when I can try out the Anjou pear cake (new recipe) that the girls tell me gets a 5* rating :starving:
24 Feb 2014, 18:15
Hello my fellow ADFer! Oh .I'm glad to hear someone else would recommend the Hairy Bikers. I've got their book, I'm just waiting for the energy to cook one. My dad, however, is going to cook (a very rare thing indeed) sweet and sour chicken via the Hairy ones. I am looking forward to that I can tell you!!

Er, being a nurse I'm not at all squeamish apart from
WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

There you go Oatesy :wink:

Bean :starving:
Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 68 of 134