The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 66 of 134
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
23 Feb 2014, 11:11
If only we had teleporters then I could send some of the Heathcote Shiraz I was enjoying earlier.
Well I'm off to sleepy land now so good night all :sleepy:
23 Feb 2014, 11:16
Ballerina wrote: @Debs I think you are confusing ironing horses with clothes horses :bugeyes:

Ballerina x :heart:

Oh clothes horse Ballerina!! That's a blast from the past! When we were little we used to make dens and tents by throwing an old blanket over the top of my gran's wooden clothes horse. A couple of cushions, jam butties and a bottle of water and we were in heaven! Happy days! :heart: :heart:
23 Feb 2014, 11:39
Morning everyone! I hope I find you well and looking forward to Sunday lunch. Mmm can't beat a roast dinner...well not on .sundays anyway!

No sign of the sun we had yesterday but at least it's not raining...yet! Am just thinking of taking my girls out for a stroll...so it's bound to pour!

Anyway, in case I don't see you "Good morning, good afternoon and goodnight"

Bean :smile:
23 Feb 2014, 12:53
Mmmmm roast dinner Beanybops,now you're talking!. Followed by a hot cup of tea and a big piece of either crumble or apple pie with cream! Divine!
BUT funny thing happening with me today and yesterday ..
Hungry - yet no appetite! Who knew it was possible! Certainly not moi! Anyone else had this happen? It's disconcerting to say the least,tho very handy for weighlosing purposes. :confused:
23 Feb 2014, 13:00
@CandiceMarie I think this may be because you are low carbing, and in Ketosis. Your body is getting energy from your fat stores. Yipeeeee for you.
I've just prepped the veg, cooked the peeling for the chooks and now ironing. Bleugh....
23 Feb 2014, 13:08
Thanks Carie i am more than happy with that explanation! X that will do nicely!:like: :grin: :grin:
X X
23 Feb 2014, 16:58
You're in ketosis because you're no candy Candy I guess!

You sound very organised Oatsy! And I bet those are very happy little chooks :)

Well my Sunday lunch was pretty delish and was followed by a new recipe of butterscotch angel delight 'cheesecake'. Now THAT was heaven, it really was!

Tomorrow's fast is gonna be hard :confused:

Bean :shock:
23 Feb 2014, 18:45
Evenng all, I'm back! well I would have to be back or I wouldn't be typing on here (I haven't quite got used to mobile phones and forums yet). I had a great time over the weekend. We stopped off at the 'Raven bikers/truckers' cafe near Whitchurch on the way up and had a full English breakfast at 3pm. We ate so late that we didn't actually have an evening meal. We just weren't hungry. I drank a bit too much, namely a whole bottle of Rose plus an extra large glass, I'm too scared to check up on the calories. Then on the way back to the hotel we saw a kebab shop 50 yards down the road so shared a kebab and chips at 1:30 in the morning. What I want to know is why, oh why, do pubs have to put the karaoke so tremendously loud. If there is to be a karaoke then drop the sound level take off the reverb and shove them in a corner so the rest of us who just want to have a conversation, can do so without having to shout ourselves hoarse. We caught up with online friends, old and new and had a great time.

This morning was just breakfast and chill in the lobby for a while. I looked in at the fitness room, but Andy was feeling a bit rough with bad guts, so I didn't want to leave him. The pool looked really nice, lovely and warm (i tiptoed in to try out the temperature)and beat of all, long enough for a lap or 6 and deep enough for floating (over 5 foot deep). The gym had better equipment than my local gym, but that's not saying much as my local gym has the cast offs from the other gym's upgrades. We will probably be visiting there again so will be staying the hotel again.

Now for some real news. I got back and Saturdays post was on my desk.My pre-op assessment date has come through. In 12 days, so I should have my operation within 4 weeks of that date. So by the second week in April for my op. In one way I was hoping for more time so I could lose more weight, but 6 weeks isn't going to make that much of a difference (I may get under 230lbs which would be good). I will keep trying though as every pound off helps. I actually felt my heart THUD when I read the letter. I was actually expecting a follow up letter to the latest CT scan on my lower back, not the pre-op. Every time I think about it my heart starts racing. I am going to have to get my BP under control for the assessment. If its this high on the day (with stress) they may not allow the operation to go through.

A good weekend all round I would say. Back to fasting tomorrow, I'm going to stick with 4:3 for now, M-W-F till the operation.

Eeeeek!
23 Feb 2014, 19:10
Well that was an eye opener. I have just tracked my food for Saturday and even with the bottle of wine I was still within my TDEE!
Today's food also is well within my TDEE, though I am craving vegetables as we missed our Saturday shopping day and have no fresh veg in at home.
23 Feb 2014, 19:16
So glad you had a good weekend Julie with the bonus of a hospital date on your return! Great news and something for you to work towards now! x
23 Feb 2014, 19:17
Good news all round, Julie! Yippee!

After long bouts of umming and erring, we have decided where to put our caravan this summer - still on Anglesey, but a seasonal pitch, so we can leave the awning up and it'll be plug and play when we get there. It has access to the Inland sea (we were there last August too, so is very dog friendly) and everything we want. Roll on summer... well the season that is marginally warmer and maybe a tad dryer than this one!
23 Feb 2014, 19:26
Which part do you mean by 'the Inland Sea'? I used to live on Angelsey and never heard of anywhere by that name?
23 Feb 2014, 19:35
By Four Mile Bridge, Julie, not far from Valley. Since the 'new' A55 has been built (probably after you left) it has created a tidal inland sea. Very child and dog friendly.
23 Feb 2014, 19:36
We live about 10 miles or so inland from Wells on the north Norfolk coast and we used to put our caravan at Pinewoods in Wells for a couple of weeks every summer. Still close enough for me to nip home and feed the animals/check the post etc. We used to take toppers (small plastic sailing dinghy) and kayaks and have a wonderful time.
23 Feb 2014, 19:50
Everyone seems to be thinking of trips away and breaks ... Have just booked a respite break for my mum for early April - sadly not North Wales PFT - I think it would have been a bit far this time, as she finds it quite hard being in a car longer than a couple of hours.

So have stuck closer to home - just the other side of York, near Malton and Castle Howard

http://www.habtonhouse.co.uk/

Some lovely countryside - and market towns around here, and also York in striking distance. Mat try and book for a meal at the Star at Harome - or the Talbot at Malton (James Martin)
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 66 of 134