The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 71 of 134
Previous 1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
25 Feb 2014, 09:11
So I just put in an order to Zipvit for vitamin D, rosehip+glucosamine, cranberry, magnesium tablets at £29 the lot.
I recently read somewhere that by the age of 60 people are generally and permanently on up to 10 drugs a day from their doctor, some that don't even mix well.
My gentle order helps with arthritis, cystitis, sleep, bone strength and costs the country nothing. Perhaps I'm lucky that my health can be managed this way without heavy drugs, perhaps I'm gullible and none of these are necessary or even work. Perhaps their placebo effect does the job.
May I ask if you take tablets too?
25 Feb 2014, 09:36
Well what happened to all that lovely Spring weather? We've got rain and winds again here...doh! That poor Bumble bee I saw yesterday can't be very amused today!

Bean :smile:
25 Feb 2014, 09:39
These two little fellas are happy here coz it's sunny! X cold tho brrrr! X
image.jpg
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
25 Feb 2014, 09:42
Oh what?! That's not fair

Bean :shock: :bugeyes:
25 Feb 2014, 09:44
@Azureblue I have a friend -a very fit friend- who is in her mid seventies and doesn't take any prescription medicine. She has some ailments but manages them with natural stuff. She was at a clinic for some check up and signed up to be a guinea pig for a research project. At the first consultation when she managed to convince the researcher that she was on no prescription drugs, she became a minor celebrity and was
hailed as a miracle to all!
She was quite bemused!
25 Feb 2014, 09:48
Well they say the sun shines on the righteous,Bean,,and there's some special folk coming here today!
Speaking of which, I better jump in the shower!
Oooooooh i' m sooooo happy today! XxxxX
image.jpg
Oh Happy Day! X
(66.39 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
25 Feb 2014, 11:17
Is it me or has it suddenly gone very quiet around here??!!!!
25 Feb 2014, 11:22
Some of the girls are gone to the Liverpool meeting if I remember right, that may explain why it's so guiet

I read something that really shocked me, did you know there was a cotton diet ? It seems that some young women eat cotton balls, as a diet. I really can't understand the human mind,sometimes.... :shock: :cry:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dangerous-diet-trend-cotton-ball-diet/story?id=20942888
25 Feb 2014, 11:26
I am trying to be productive and clean up my messy cake room. Sounds grand but is just a ground floor box room where I can safely work on cakes without the cats getting involved, and also store my oodles of equipment/boards/boxes.

The trouble is that being on the ground floor and because I don't do many cakes these days, between projects it tends to become a dumping ground for all sorts of everything that doesn't have a permanent home :frown: Net result: every time I do have a project, I have to do a clear out mission :curse:

I'm now running a regular sugarcraft club at school, plus my local guild has a branch table to put together for an exhibition soon. Today therefore is an exercise in getting straight and I am DETERMINED that it will stay ready for action after that. Nothing like optimism!

Just taking a coffee break while I admire my first no-knead bread loaf that has just come out of the oven. It will be perfectly cooled enough to eat with my lunch :grin:

Here is the link to the recipe I've used:

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2014/ ... bread.html

I had to borrow a suitable cooking pot to try it out, but if it tastes as good as it looks and smells, I shall be investing in one of my own!
25 Feb 2014, 12:16
Medications and supplements.

lets see. The prescription/pharmacutical stuff consists of
Paracetamol -Painkller
Tramadol -Painkiller
diclofenec - anti inflammatory painkiller
Pregabalin -Nerve suppressant for pain relief
Locoten - ear drops for ear eczema
Beconase - nasal spray for hayfever
Claritin - hayfever
Testosterone implant - because I'm low on testosterone (get up and go and a host of other reasons)

Supplements-

B12 - as I drop B12 very easily (tiredness)
Magnesium - bones and constipation
5HTPS - sort of anti depressant
Vitamin D - to help with calcium absorption
Chromium Picolate - to depress sugar cravings (will be dropping this once the bottle runs out)

I also use coconut oil in cooking and body and hair care.

I hope to drop all of the pain medications within a month of my operation and get my IQ back where it belongs.
25 Feb 2014, 13:11
Julie, that's a shipping list if ever I saw one. I hope you succeed in reducing it :clover:

Just had my yummy no-knead bread and it was WONDERFUL :grin: With a bowl of home made soup and a soupçon of cheese, it was a feast fit for a king :smile:
25 Feb 2014, 13:28
Yep, I go to the doctors and come back with a carrier bag of tablets. Its embarrassing as outwardly I look healthy as a hog with usually a bounce in my step. Yet today I am typing one handed as my left arm has 'gone to sleep' from the elbow down. I hope it sorts itself out before I go to the gym today or I won't be able to use the cross trainer (now am I happy about that or not?).

Today i am trying to learn how to use hubby's samsung tablet, as i'm taking it with me to hospital. But I'd like to have it as a general tool as well. I'm off to their website and youtube for hints and tips.
25 Feb 2014, 15:38
@Azureblue I take a zinc pill every day as I was getting mouth ulcers and my dentist said that zinc would help, it certainly seems to. I work in a school and I think the zinc is possibly why I don't seem succumb to the colds etc so easily as everyone else. I very rarely take paracetomol or ibuprofen and that's it. I am very lucky that I am quite a healthy person. I do have arthritis in my toe which is possibly creeping to other joints but I have found that decreasing the sugar in my diet has helped a lot with the discomfort from that. I am hoping that I will continue to be so lucky; 52 at moment so still relatively young :grin:
25 Feb 2014, 15:50
Manderley wrote: Some of the girls are gone to the Liverpool meeting if I remember right, that may explain why it's so guiet

I read something that really shocked me, did you know there was a cotton diet ? It seems that some young women eat cotton balls, as a diet. I really can't understand the human mind,sometimes.... :shock: :cry:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dangerous-diet-trend-cotton-ball-diet/story?id=20942888

this is nothing new, models have been doing it for donks, its sick!
25 Feb 2014, 15:58
Man Alive! @Manderler! Who on earth came up with the idea of eating cotton balls?! Has the world gone mad?!

Bean :confused: :bugeyes:
Previous 1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 71 of 134