The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 65 of 134
Previous 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
22 Feb 2014, 22:18
Actually no, I was humbled to watch it. As a horse lover, I did have mixed feelings, but understanding what they went through was incredible. Full salutes from me to the magnificent horse.
22 Feb 2014, 23:14
About ironing and airing cupboards. After many years of seeing mention of those cupboards in British novels and then on this forum, I finally looked it up--seems like a good idea for cool damp climates. We have the humidity in the summer, unfortunately a lot of heat usually goes along with it, so I guess that's why there's no extra heat to be piped through a cupboard--maybe an architect or engineer could come up with waste heat from water heaters or something. Anyway, in North America, as far as I am aware, airing cupboards are unknown.

As for ironing, a lot of people of my generation (old!) would never go out or let OH go out wrinkled!. Youngsters act as if they never heard of irons. I put on an audio book or the radio on a weekend a.m. and go to it. But I understand that it's just purely unnecessary drudgery for many--to each her own. ;)
22 Feb 2014, 23:34
I go to bed with thoughts of horses in the war, brave beasts and men.
Ironing is for tomorrow, and let us be proud that we can iron and wear what we want.
22 Feb 2014, 23:54
Just back from our local pub; some friends of ours were playing in a band there but now my ears are ringing and hubby has got his guitar out to have a little strum before we head off to bed.

I hate sad films or stories of any kind; even cartoons or adverts. My boys always tell me off for reading sad stuff on the internet because it makes me cry.

See you all tomorrow.
23 Feb 2014, 00:13
Oh, Penny, I didn't mean to be offensive.

I guess sometimes I'm just a curmudgeonly old lady. :shame:
23 Feb 2014, 10:14
I always thought flattened garments were a sign of civilisation, probably invented by a man to keep a woman busy and show how well cared for he is.
It is also good exercise!
23 Feb 2014, 10:33
I have got the hang of what is going on here today and I think ironing horses is very cruel and shouldn.t be allowed! :wink:
House hubby takes care of that with the iron I bought him!! Why ruin the pleasure of him moaning that I look 'rumpled'!!
23 Feb 2014, 10:46
Marybeth wrote: Oh, Penny, I didn't mean to be offensive.

I guess sometimes I'm just a curmudgeonly old lady. :shame:

@Marybeth I didn't think you were being offensive and no offense taken!

:heart: :heart:
23 Feb 2014, 10:52
Oh hello! Filipina Cupids today, more hot Asian babes on my iphone!!!! No hot chaps I notice!!!
23 Feb 2014, 10:54
Debs wrote: I have got the hang of what is going on here today and I think ironing horses is very cruel and shouldn.t be allowed! :wink:
House hubby takes care of that with the iron I bought him!! Why ruin the pleasure of him moaning that I look 'rumpled'!!

@Debs you are truly ahead of the game here - lol!
23 Feb 2014, 10:57
@Debs I think you are confusing ironing horses with clothes horses :bugeyes:

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Feb 2014, 11:01
Every time it get on here I just get confused, ironed horses, hot babes??? Are you all drinking without me???
23 Feb 2014, 11:03
Sorry wino, it's been a long trying day!!
23 Feb 2014, 11:04
That's not good Debs, maybe I should pour you a glass. :smile:
23 Feb 2014, 11:07
How I wish!!!!! A cheeky red would down nicely right now after a day dealing with mining muppets!!!
Previous 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 65 of 134