The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 67 of 134
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
23 Feb 2014, 19:52
If your pre op check is anything like mine @Julieathome it's very thorough. Swabs, groin and nose. BP, bloods routine and for transfusion (if required), ECG, urine, weight, height. Measure for stockings. Then I had to have a pregnancy test on the morning of my op??? Don't think you will have to have that one.

It's just brilliant news for you, another tick off your to do list. And it makes it all seem a bit more real doesn't it. :heart:
23 Feb 2014, 19:58
When we left the A55 Expressway was just that little bit of dual carriageway in the middle. The 4 mile bridge was that little stone 2 lane affair. I find it amazing that the road has made such a difference. I'm off now to yomp around Angelsey with the little orange man on google maps.

Now I know I will be in hospital earlier this year rather than later, I can plan on a September holiday. So I have something else to look forward to. I am seeing my Doctor next week as I was going to ask him for bloods to make sure my iron/ferritin were behaving, plus my B12 levels as well, as I'm prone to low B12 and to get my thyroid tested again, just to make sure all is well. Now its going to be a Friday, so do I do a normal fast on that day, or will that mess up the bloods? I best ask the doc.
23 Feb 2014, 20:04
Yes it's still the same little bridge Julie, but the A55 goes away to the north, to Holyhead.
23 Feb 2014, 20:11
Whats happened to Angelsey??? its all manicured and gentrified! Whats happened to my rough and rugged Angelsey, waaaail! When I left the whole island was in the doldrums, no major industry, tourism seen as a here today, gone tomorrow thing. You could get renovation house projects for a pittance, I used to say that Angelsey was where you see and feel the bones of the country. When I lived there she was an old crone. She seems to have reversed time and turned into a buxom well fed lady.
23 Feb 2014, 20:13
OCD? Well, I'm not as bad as I used to be but when hanging washing out the pegs absolutely must be in coloured pairs. In the past the washing used to be hung in a certain order and the pegs used to have to be used in colour order! I have been know to rearrange the washing if someone else hung it out for me.

Sounds like everyone has had a good weekend. I've had a couple of days off work with the girls as is was half term. I took them to Findhorn beach on Friday, it is such a calm peaceful place. That is probably why they set up a commune there. In the summer there are often lots of people meditating on the beach. On the other side of the bay there was a least 150 seals and what a noise they were making.

BTW, I have become friends with Suchard and we regularly email each other. She is a busy person at the moment getting her new house the way she wants it and looking for a job. Like many of us she is struggling a bit with fasting but is still maintaining her weight loss.

I have been feeling much better recently and feel about 80% myself but my heart problems still persist. There has been problems with my blood results in that my calcium levels have been low which means that my vitamin D levels should be high but they are also low. Not sure what is happening with that but I am getting a heart monitor fitted on Tuesday and off on Thursday then back to the doctor the following Tuesday for the results of that and my most resent blood tests. I'm hoping I'll get some answers so I can get back to feeling 100% and start losing weight again!
23 Feb 2014, 20:18
Good to hear that Suchard is ok WM. it's a big thing when you have a move like that. Pleased to hear you're feeling a bit better, and may get some answers soon about the heart problems.
23 Feb 2014, 20:24
Good to see you @wildmissus! And hope you get 100% well very soon x
@Julieathome! Fabbest of fab news! Soooo pleased xx
23 Feb 2014, 20:32
Thanks guys, I've been on the forum quite a bit but been feeling sorry for myself so haven't been posting much. I don't want to be moaning all the time and putting off newbies and I also realise that my problems are nothing compared to other especially Julie.

Forgot to tell you that I bought myself another cookbook - Lorraine Pascale's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food and had her Chicken Cacciatore for dinner tonight and then for pudding....wait for it....ice cream with Butterscotch Angel Delight. It was magic.
23 Feb 2014, 20:33
If you need to up your Vitamin D then I can recommend these. They got my levels back up to normal when the doctors calcium and VitD tablets weren't. Take care of the Vit D and the calcium will take care of itself as long as you are getting enough calcium in milk, fish bones etc. The calcium needs to be IN your bones and teeth not floating around your bloodstream.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthy-Origins ... =vit+D+gel

Plus, if you have a sheltered part of the garden or a patio heater, get out in the sun in a sleeveless top as much as you can. (what sun I hear you ask? Its there, you just have to catch it when you can).
23 Feb 2014, 20:34
Julieathome wrote: Whats happened to Angelsey??? its all manicured and gentrified! Whats happened to my rough and rugged Angelsey, waaaail! When I left the whole island was in the doldrums, no major industry, tourism seen as a here today, gone tomorrow thing. You could get renovation house projects for a pittance, I used to say that Angelsey was where you see and feel the bones of the country. When I lived there she was an old crone. She seems to have reversed time and turned into a buxom well fed lady.

Rugged Anglesey can still be found, but it's the Wills and Kate effect, Julie. Gentrification is springing up everywhere!
23 Feb 2014, 20:37
Rugged Anglesey can still be found, but it's the Wills and Kate effect, Julie. Gentrification is springing up everywhere!

Bleurgh!
23 Feb 2014, 20:44
Postby Julieathome » 23 Feb 2014, 20:33

If you need to up your Vitamin D then I can recommend these. They got my levels back up to normal when the doctors calcium and VitD tablets weren't. Take care of the Vit D and the calcium will take care of itself as long as you are getting enough calcium in milk, fish bones etc. The calcium needs to be IN your bones and teeth not floating around your bloodstream.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthy-Origins ... =vit+D+gel

Plus, if you have a sheltered part of the garden or a patio heater, get out in the sun in a sleeveless top as much as you can. (what sun I hear you ask? Its there, you just have to catch it when you can).

Thanks Julie, I've been meaning to get round to buying some vitamin D, not sure why my doc hasn't suggested that I take them though I think she is trying to work out what has caused all this first before she treats me. I'm too far north to get any benefit from the sun over winter so it is hardly surprising that my vitamin D levels are low. Perhaps that is a good excuse to have a winter sunshine holiday!
23 Feb 2014, 21:07
@PennyForthem I just red about Blue Planet on the Grandparents thread. Why don't you take the little darlings to the Angelsey Sea Zoo instead?
23 Feb 2014, 21:36
So pleased for you @Julieathome - and you know, you could always join us in the ADF tent if you like? :wink:

Also, thanks for the Vit D link. My GP gave my some chews but these look better. I've added them to my basket!!

I dunno, one little bit of sun and we're all booking our holidays! Spring must be in the air

Bean :smile:
23 Feb 2014, 21:53
@julieathome do you remember the Mermaid pub right at the end of the road where the sea zoo is?
Long gone now.
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 67 of 134