The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 72 of 134
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
25 Feb 2014, 16:03
Wineoclock wrote: The Defence Force is doing helicopter training exercises in my area, the copters are so low I swear they are only just missing the roof. :shock:

We live near RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath, they turn right at Ely cathedral, not far from me. I actually feel comforted about the sight and sound of the many many aircraft which fly over. @wineoclock.
25 Feb 2014, 18:48
I meant to do this this morning but i forgot,coz of the meet up ...
Happy Birthday to wonderful George Harrison ..71 today,but left much too soon. Still miss you Fantastic Georgetastic George! X x X thank you for the music! X x X
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thank you Beatles for your message of Love & Peace x
(18.86 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
25 Feb 2014, 19:19
Right, I said I would report back. We had HD Sticky chicken for dinner tonight. Served with celeriac remoulade. Thank you @pennyforthem the others had rice too. It was gawjus and I did time myself. 40minutes. Happy with that so it will definitely be on the menu regularly. Got enough remoulade to use with a salad for lunch tomorrow.
25 Feb 2014, 19:34
Could someone point me towards Penny's celeriac remoulade recipe please?
25 Feb 2014, 19:47
Grate the celeriac.
I use Hellman's lighter than light mayo, but you can use any, just count your cals.
Mix one dollop of mayo with a squeeze of lemon and a tsp of Dijon mustard and mix with the celeriac - seemples! Season and serve! You can also add some chopped cornichons, capers, spring onions... OMG I'm dribbling now....!!
25 Feb 2014, 19:53
Thank you Penny, how long does it keep in the fridge? I assume you can't freeze it. My celeriac(s) in the garden are HUGE and I imagine one would result in an enormous amount of remoulade
25 Feb 2014, 20:01
Can't really answer that one, 'cos I only make enough for a couple of days. Probably would keep in the fridge up to a week, I'd think.
25 Feb 2014, 20:28
Oh that's good, I didn't realise it would last that long. I put some half fat creme fraiche in mine too. I like the idea of the additions, I have some capers in the fridge. I used about a third of a big celeriac and grated it in my lovely food processor. It took seconds and was just the right coarseness. I am thinking about using the same disc for the courgette spaghetti, in fact, thinking now, I bet stirfried grated celeriac and courgette would be good. I can't believe how excited I am getting about all these new veggie ideas :geek:
25 Feb 2014, 20:31
PennyForthem wrote: Can't really answer that one, 'cos I only make enough for a couple of days. Probably would keep in the fridge up to a week, I'd think.

When I've made it I used seasoned greek yogurt but tossed the celeriac in plenty of lemon juice first as it does tend to turn brown. I've stored it in a sealed tub in the fridge for a few days and it's been fine! :like:
25 Feb 2014, 20:43
Oh my. I have no-one to blame but myself for it, but goodness my tummy hurts :cry:

I don't eat much bread because it really sticks to me, but I LOVE it, and having made some today, I've eaten far too much of it.
25 Feb 2014, 22:24
I have shared @ballerina's chox with hub and am retiring to bed a happy and tired bunny! Lovely people met today and will await new meets soon xx
25 Feb 2014, 22:32
I hope your puppy had behaved herself while you were out Penny, bet she gave you a rapturous welcome home!
25 Feb 2014, 22:45
Yes, puppy was brilliant while I was enjoying myself with you lot! I think she is going to be a clever, top dog!! Thanks!
26 Feb 2014, 00:05
In think I finally know how to upload photos. So here goes, this is me and hubby on top of the Sydney Harbour bridge. It's a photo of a photo, also it was rainy and really humid so we are a bit disheveled. We are the second couple from the left.
26 Feb 2014, 00:07
Lovely pic Wineo!
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 72 of 134