The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 77 of 134
Previous 1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
27 Feb 2014, 17:26
Good news re car @PennyForthem and mortgage @Silverdarling :like:

Finally heard from My brother in W.A. this morning with dates of his visit this summer. He's arriving mid Aug and not returning home till Feb 2015 although spending part of that time travelling in Central America so won't be staying with us all those months.
27 Feb 2014, 17:44
OK, everything used to be pine and I threw a bucket if paint around and this is the result
27 Feb 2014, 17:47
the pictures all came out in the reverse order, must remember that in future, also there is a large lounging area with leather sofas and a man sized T.V. No wonder we never use our dining room or other lounges, too comfortable in here. :shock:
Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. Great news about the mortgage SD and your car PFT
27 Feb 2014, 17:50
Looks great Ballerina :like:

Pennyforthem, your display looks like sunshine on rainy day :smile:
27 Feb 2014, 17:53
Winsome wrote: Looks great Ballerina :like:

Pennyforthem, your display looks like sunshine on rainy day :smile:

White paint is now my bestest friend in the whole world. Hubs now says he suffers from whiteout, silly man its better than orange pine,

27 Feb 2014, 17:54
Lovely kitchen @Ballerina, you can come and throw a bucket of paint around mine any time you fancy! Love the wall clock and your fab range cooker! :like: :heart:
27 Feb 2014, 17:57
The rather large 'cough' clock was a love at first sight for me, just had to have it, hubs face was a picture when it arrived and I now would hate to live without my beloved AGA even though I'm not the cook in the house

27 Feb 2014, 17:59
Ballerina wrote: also there is a large lounging area with leather sofas and a man sized T.V. No wonder we never use our dining room or other lounges, too comfortable in here

Other lounges??? Other lounges? Blimey @Ballerina have you got one for every day of the week?? :shock: :cool: :shock: :wink:

Like the white minimalism, though thought at first you'd got two wineracks full of champers and wines ... :lol: :grin: :razz:
27 Feb 2014, 18:03
Ha, Ha, no, one is quite small and the other one is quite large but since we extended this lot we just live in here. Such a waste, one day we will sell up and hopefully a family will make use of the place. only posted two photos to highlight the difference a pot of paint and a bored pensioner can make :lol:

27 Feb 2014, 18:07
@Ballerina did you paint your kitchen cupboard fronts too. I ask because I did mine and under coated, and after a while it's started to chip easily. I gear that I may have to rub down and do them again. Either that or buy some new ones!
27 Feb 2014, 18:13
@carieoatesthe cupboards were limed ash when they were new so they have not gone quite as awful as the furniture did. I wanted to paint them but hubs asked, actually, he pleaded with me not to paint them. He loves the now white furniture, the now white pine doors, the now white skirting boards, the now white pine headboards, and the now white wardrobes. He just didn't want to have to wear sunglasses everywhere in the house. :cool: All that aside, I decided that if I do change the doors I will have them done professionally in a spray paint shop so....watch this space......oh, and the table top I sanded, limed and then varnished with a matt varnish and everything is standing up to wear and tear quite well

27 Feb 2014, 18:17
I think you might get away with just rubbing down and touching up where the pant has come away, you could also get them 'dipped' and start again. The biggest job is the preparation, I nearly wore my fingers to the bone just sanding, in fact I had to stop at one point as my fingertips were bleeding :cry: but such is the price of obsession :lol: Hubs bought me some work gloves, such a sweetie :shock:

27 Feb 2014, 18:19
Oooh have some horrible orangey pine glass doors in my lounge (that's my one lounge :grin: ) and would love to get rid of the colour ... Not so sure about doing this on glass doors in situ though, may well just bite the bullet and get new ones
27 Feb 2014, 18:21
Get new ones unless you really love the ones you've got or it is too expensive to replace them. Good luck, it is do-able but just hard work but well worth the effort. I suppose we could have a DIY tent?

27 Feb 2014, 18:31
:curse: DIY tent?

The sleek Aga matches the sleek Ballerina!
Previous 1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 77 of 134