The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 78 of 134
Previous 1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
27 Feb 2014, 18:42
Having just replaced two internal doors with clear pine (as in, not knotty pine) half glazed doors... It's worth considering doing the work - the price was an eek moment!
27 Feb 2014, 18:46
thought it might have been, especially if you have them fitted or adjusted in any way.....get that paint pot opened up and get on with the job SD :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Feb 2014, 19:51
Far too difficultto catch up with everything after a brief time away,but @callyanna lovely news about yr bro and @Ballerinawhat a great kitchen!
@Silverdarling think i read somewhere you have found a better mortgage? - enjoy spending that etra cash! :like: xx
27 Feb 2014, 19:59
Haha! Thanks @CandiceMarie the extra money will go over the next three years either 1. Overpaying mortgage - to get it down as far as possible before my pay protection period ends and my pay is cut 2. Maintenance on the house while I've still got the money. I've not got a big mortgage left but I'd rather pay it down while I've got 'spare' cash, and also get some jobs done on the house. Starting with new fence in the back yard next week.
27 Feb 2014, 20:03
Always think its nice when you can get jobs done..and maybe get yrself a nice bottle of vino to celebrate new fence! :like: xx
27 Feb 2014, 20:12
Well there is the remains from a bottle of Aldi Chablis in the fridge ... Trouble is it is a fast day
:curse: :bugeyes: :confused: :dazed:
27 Feb 2014, 20:14
I love Chablis SD! How much is it in Aldi..can you remember? X
27 Feb 2014, 20:55
image.jpg

£8.99! And I can't have any today! :cry: :cry: :curse: :dazed: :bugeyes: :shock:

http://www.mrsbargainhunter.co.uk/food- ... pp-wotwine

(You need to scroll down mrsbargainhunter page a bit)
27 Feb 2014, 21:31
How lovely to have your brother over for a while @Callyanna that'll be something great to look forward to. :heart:

I've just ordered an audiobook of "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" as it's read by one of my favourite actors, Jim Broadbent! Looking forward to hearing his wonderful voice!

Bean :smile: :geek:
27 Feb 2014, 21:39
@nursebean I really enjoyed that book. I read it with my FB book club! Hope you enjoy it too. Next week is going to be challenging, going on a school residential; lots of carbohydrate heavy comfort food provided for us. I don't think I'll fast; too complicated and I'll be too tired. Apart from that really looking forward to it.
27 Feb 2014, 21:42
Is that for a whole week Lou Lou? Is that something you enjoy? Thanks for the book review, by the way. Am looking forward to it even more now :wink:

Bean :geek:
27 Feb 2014, 21:47
Fitting doors.... Yes indeed :shock: My BIL is a carpenter, a very good and pretty fast working carpenter. He reckons he can hang and fit door furniture to four, MAYBE five doors in a day. His daily rate... £140. Familial discounts, no way, which is fair enough. Why would he work for me for less than the other guy who has a job for him? I don't begrudge it.

That said, the doors we replaced were nasty, cheap white panelled ones with no glazing. Replacing them has meant that we now have a view of the sea from our dining area, a lot more light in that area which is generally quite dark, and also that the hideous gold handles that adorned the old doors are banished FOREVER! They couldn't be replaced as nobody makes door handle plates that large anymore. Did I mention that we can eat lunch and see the sea? I love where we live :smile:
27 Feb 2014, 21:50
Good news on the mortgage Silverdarling. Our old house is on the market tomorrow so fingers crossed for a quick sale and then it's only one mortgage for us.

My house warming gift from a good friend, bobble heads of me and hubs
27 Feb 2014, 22:01
Ha ha! They're brilliant! Do they actually look like you? I've got a bobblehead of Dexter in my car...it's very lifelike! Here he is in real life and bobble form. See what you think!

Bean :smile:
image.jpg
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
image.jpg
(21.96 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
27 Feb 2014, 22:06
@nursebean luckily the residential is only about half an hour from where I live, so I am there 8am til 5pm Mon and Tues and then 8am Weds through til 3pm Fri. I do enjoy residentials but they are very tiring.

My husband is a trained woodworker and no.1 son is following in his footsteps. No.1 son is making the windows and doors for our house and hopefully the kitchen and pantry cupboards too. Sash windows, cruciform windows and window boards so it all looks 16th to 18th century. Obviously he has to fit it in with his self-employed job and the fact that he is about to go travelling for a month or two, so we have to be very patient :smile:
Previous 1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 78 of 134