The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 76 of 134
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
27 Feb 2014, 07:11
No wino, not a good idea!!! I just went down to another camp and they have a pie warmer, and the smell oooeeerrrrr!! I don't even eat pies usually!!
Sorry about your car PFT, large ones like that are a nightmare aren't they?
27 Feb 2014, 09:04
Morning peeps! I chopped the veggies yesterday for Piccalilli and they've been brining, so I'm just about to start a batch of the yellow stuff!
I have my grandkids tomorrow - the plan was for me to go to them, but now I'm carless (as opposed to careless!) until tomorrow afternoon, they will have to be brought to me. I'm making some Playdough today (food colourings will make it sufficiently lurid!) and have the UPVC tablecloth handy!
I'm planning on making cheese scones with them tomorrow.
I'm not very good with little children, even if they are my nearest and dearest, and 6 hours is quite a long time to entertain them! Snow is forecast, but probably not enough to make snowmen and throw snowballs. More than likely it will be the very wet sort!
27 Feb 2014, 09:05
Debs wrote: That is really beautiful Manderley, there are some stunning areas around there.
We are thinking of going to New Caledonia at Xmas for my big birthday, I'll have to get you to vet the French restaurants (ex French colony) on trip advisor and tell me which ones you think pass the grade!

Beautiful but deadly. There was an attack the day before he arrived in Bangkok, in the virgin forest he had to have a guide and an armed ranger. Of course he told me all that yesterday or I would have totally freaked out and stressed out until his come back......

Your birthday plan seems great. A friend of mine went to Nouméa for his honeymoon, I'll ask him where he went :wink:

Morning everyone ! :grin:

It's cold and raining and I would love to stay in bed with a hairy four legs friend to cuddle but have to do boring paper stuff instead :razz:

What are your thoughts about couples who work together ?
27 Feb 2014, 11:08
Hello Manderley, yes please, we will be there over Xmas and any tips appreciated. It is actually a lot more reasonably priced for a package than we expected, so about to book. There are heaps of boulangeries there so I will be in big, big trouble!!

The OH and I have worked and travelled together extensively over the years, it can make or break you!! OH is very calm and laid back, unlike me so it works for us, he has the patience of a saint! I would love him to come and work here with me.

Mmm, cheese scones and picallili, sounds like a perfect combo PFT!! Must make some scones on my week off. On my list of cooking to do now. 43 here today, Alaska is looking attractive today!!!
27 Feb 2014, 11:37
43? Oh you poor thing!

Funny thing, Piccalilli - it's a love it or hate it one.
27 Feb 2014, 11:44
Sorry to hear about your car Penny, hate not having a vehicle and like you we just run the one between us now. We used to have a Land Rover Defender 90 great car, were very sorry when it went but totally impractical, we still reminisce about it. Hoe you don't get too much snow, sun is shining here and have just been for a walk so settling down to some coffee,

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Feb 2014, 12:39
@Debs First, stay inside and hydrate. Even if I am cranky because of the cold and rain, this heat must be hell in comparison.

This site seems to be good for a start.

http://www.rocket-guide-newcaledonia.com/

OH seems to have a pattern, he already works with his ex wife. I can't imagine to want to have the ex and the current woman in your life every day.... The man is mad :silly:

Making scones this afternoon for tomorrow's breakfast. Imagine them with fresh raspberries and a chocolate sauce..... Can't wait :grin:
27 Feb 2014, 13:46
Scones seem to be flavour of the month!
I have red, green, blue and yellow play dough made - it all looks a bit anaemic, as the natural food colouring doesn't seem that strong (or maybe I was too mean to put a lot in!!). I'm sure it'll be played with, whatever its colour!

Well, one forecast says snow, another one says no!
27 Feb 2014, 14:47
Afternoon all, it must be spring as I have just done a spring clean on my bedroom.Its the sunshine shining through the window showing up all the dust. I even pulled out the bedside drawers and totally cleared and cleaned them. Then wiped down all the skirting boards and the wardrobe doors etc. Its smelling much less dusty in there now.

I sympathise about the car PFT. The last car bill was over £300 because we have to use a garage now as there is no way that hubby can do the maintenance. Though there's not much you can do with modern cars anymore apart from change the oil and the spark plugs and unless you have the program and connectors to tell the cars computer that you have done them it will keep on blinking at you that it needs doing.

Working together can work, it depends on the couple. For hubby and I it was always me that picked up an idea and went hell for leather about it, glossing over difficulties etc. Hubby was the one that put the brakes on, he kept the cool head and brought me back to earth. We had definite roles in the various companies we ran, I was usually the admin whilst hubby was the doer and fixer. I can't see how it would work with two personalities that are too similar. If both are laid back, nothing would get done. If both are fiery there would be too much chance of arguments sliding over into home life.

It's either scones today or rhubarb crumble, I think it has to be crumble as I'm really the only one here who like scones. It will be better for my waistline to have scones in a cfe as a twice a year treat rather than have 12 sat on the workbench begging me to eat them all, now!

There's sunshine and showers here today so no washing on the line again. Its no wonder our electric bill is so high with amount I have to use the tumble drier.
27 Feb 2014, 15:08
Woohoo! I have a shiny new freezer to replace my old one which developed a large crack in the inner liner and has been struggling to maintain temperature. Can't wait till it's down to temp and in it's proper place. I love arranging things like the contents of a cupboard it freezer. Sadly, I don't get any satisfaction at all from regular housework :oops:

Expensive day today. Freezer aside (which was still expensive despite DH getting a trade discount) we had to have a large tree pollarded. I think tree surgery is up there with dentistry when it comes to lucrative occupations! Still, the view was nice :wink: There's something about a guy in a harness wielding dangerous tools (oo-er missus) let alone three of them :grin:

On the hunt now for a reasonably priced cast iron casserole pot. The no-knead bread was a total success but I've now returned the borrowed pot. I sent it home with a nice warm loaf inside :smile:
27 Feb 2014, 16:08
I have cleaned a couple of carpets this afternoon! It always makes me feel really ashamed when I see the colour of the water when I'm finished! :shock: Although I'm not very fond of housework, I'm sure that my house doesn't look that dirty! :oops:

Sorry about the car, PennyFor them. It's very difficult to budget for car repairs - although one can be sure that they will always be much more than you expected!

My daughter told her children, aged three and four, yesterday that Daddy was going to Afghanistan for six months and she said that their response was the same as if she had said that Daddy was going out to the shops for half an hour! I'm sure that their Daddy was disappointed but I think that it's a good thing that they are taking it so well. I can predict lots of visits to Germany for us over the next six months to help alleviate the strain of single-parenthood in a foreign country!

Make the most of the sunshine everyone. I'm off to fill up the bird-feeders again!
27 Feb 2014, 16:30
Phew, better news on the car saga. We have an extended warranty and they are covering the suspension, less a £50 excess for work carried out for MOT. Feeling much relieved, I can tell you.

On another note, Chilli jam, Piccalilli and Apricot and ginger chutney await labels! I've also just made a lamb and apricot and sweet pepper tagine which is in the slow cooker and will go into the freezer, ready for friends next weekend! Busy busy today! That's what happens when I can't find an excuse to go out!

Waiting for labels.jpg
27 Feb 2014, 16:49
That's good news. I've just washed mine-hope the shock doesn't stop it working!
27 Feb 2014, 17:15
Those pickles look lush. Hubby would love the piccalilli and I would love the chilli jam and any form of caramalised onion chutney.
27 Feb 2014, 17:15
That looks very colourful PFT ... And a sneak peek at your kitchen as well :grin: kitchens seem to be a theme, with Debs and Wildmissus posting pics of theirs - oh and @Ballerina 's hubs just posted one of her kitchen by mistake, but it was whipped off pretty smartly, funny I hadn't thought that Ballerina would be uncharacteristically so shy about having her kitchen on show ... :razz: :wink:

The good news here is that I have just got a remortgage deal for £100 less a month, so I would be celebrating, but it's a fast day :bugeyes: :confused: so tomorrow will have to do.
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 76 of 134