Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 92 of 134
Previous 1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
05 Mar 2014, 00:55
xxx Julie
05 Mar 2014, 01:07
@Julieathome, that's a relief, sometimes we need those blow ups to show us how much we mean to each other. Still not a nice thing to happen.
@Maggiee, I needed something pretty fancy for this wedding, I think it will do the job. There's another wedding later I the year, not as fancy but I think I can wear it there too..
05 Mar 2014, 01:10
A change of jacket/bolero/shrug or pashmina will make a massive difference to the dress.
05 Mar 2014, 04:57
Glad all ok@Julieathome x
Been awake all night staring at ceiling...given up niw and got up
Fast day but may allow myself to go into kitchen and make a cuppa with a trickle of milk..luxury!
Have a nice day everybody :heart: !
05 Mar 2014, 05:09
Glad mine is the right side of 12pm at the mo. Nearly reached for the choccy but went for roast chicken instead!
05 Mar 2014, 05:24
Nice dresses @wineoclock and @silverdarling. Loving the winebulance @anniew. @julieathome, hope you can patch things up. Sounds like a tough gig for you right now. :heart:
05 Mar 2014, 06:31
rawkaren wrote: Nice dresses @wineoclock and @silverdarling. Loving the winebulance @anniew. @julieathome, hope you can patch things up. Sounds like a tough gig for you right now. :heart:

Ditto all of the above!
05 Mar 2014, 06:40
@CandiceMarie yes, it was great, even if it caught me off guard for a moment. It made me realise that I was more defined by the XL uniform polo shirt than I thought. It also made me realise that although I did regain some weight after getting to goal at the beginning of 2012, essentially I haven't seen myself as that fat person for some years now. I guess that means I have a pretty positive body image; actually I know I do and it's something I consciously work towards. I can stand in front of the mirror and objectively see the flaws, but I never stand there and beat myself up. I wasn't always this way, but having daughters in today's world has made me determined that they will NEVER hear me being mean to myself.
05 Mar 2014, 07:53
Well I guess 3 hours solid sleep and 4 hours tossing and turning is better than none. I am a mass of pain today. I feel as if I have gone a round with Mike Tyson, but without the anesthetic affect of a knockout. It does prove to me how delicate the balance in my neck is if one night of extreme tension can have such a knock on effect down the neurological pathways. At least that will be sorted soon. I saw my doctor yesterday and told him about the pre-op and he had a beaming smile the whole appointment.

Today's plans include a visit to the local auction house to see the general sale stuff. I am hoping for something like scaffold planks to make a new bench in my shed. The layout in there is all wrong and needs a bit of a tweak. I also go regularly to see if anyone is getting rid of a set of fitted wardrobes. It is to my everlasting regret that I couldn't afford the full set that went through 3 weeks after I moved in here, I was post house move flat broke. I haven't seen any others go through yet 3 years down the line. A full set of say 5 to 8 cupboards would have both my bedroom and Martyns bedroom sorted. That plus a decent drop leaf dining table so I could get everyone around a table once in a while would be good too.

I am going to see if I can also put some dividers in my miscellaneous kitchen drawer. The drawer everyone has that has all the kitchen equipment in ranging from the rolling pin dow to the measuring spoons. I saw a nice layout on pinterest where the drawer was divided diagonally, meaning the extra long stuf fitted in the centre, but the smaller stuff was safely tucked away in the smaller corners. It in this link http://beautifullybellafaith.com/blog/3 ... -go-ah-ha/

If anyone wants to have a look at my pins here's my link. http://www.pinterest.com/snailsaway/

Have a good day everyone.
05 Mar 2014, 12:17
WOW! Thanks for that Julie, some really good storage tips on there and yes, loved the diagonal separated drawer.

Ballerina x :heart:
05 Mar 2014, 12:23
Oh my word! What brilliant ideas!! Thanks @Julieathome I shall bookmark that. Wow! Wow and Wow! So simple and yet so effective...wow! :shock: xx

Bean :smile:
05 Mar 2014, 13:07
Hello everyone !

Hi, @rawkaren, so sorry to have been away since Saturday (or Sunday, I don't even remember) and to never been connected at the same time as you are. I had some troubles with my computer, again, it's nearly the end, I think and, well, we'll see how it will go in the next few weeks.

Didn't have the time to read everything yet but everything should be fine tomorrow

Something interesting happened. I was with OH last night, who is still a bit jet lagged and he had some tiny naps, you know, the 10 minutes kind and while he was in a semi sleeping state he told me "I see the big house where we leave in". My response was "The big house where who live in, us ?" His answer :"yes". I was so in shock that I didn't think to push further. Well, it may not mean anything anyway but it was interesting. :wink:
05 Mar 2014, 13:12
Passing a fast day beautifully @julieathome ...amazed at some of the spacesavers but even more so by your own fab fab fab wonderful ideas, you are so talented!
Sorry you feeling so grim today..me too,sore and aching all over...combination of doing too much for last few days/ no sleep last night.. XoX
05 Mar 2014, 18:45
BARGAIN! Do you live near a Crabtree and Evelyn shop?....

Just seen this :-
"'Free' £5 Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream
No need for voucher, just swap any used hand cream for freebie
Limited stock
Get a free 25g Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream (usually £5) when you take a new or used hand cream to your nearest Crabtree & Evelyn store by Wed 12 Mar. It’s while stocks last, and this offer's likely to be popular, so if you want one, go quick!

Your used hand cream can be any size, any brand (except Crabtree & Evelyn) - even completely empty - and there's no spend involved.

Choose one of five fragrances: La Source; Tarocco Orange; Rosewater; Pomegranate or Argan & Grapeseed (subject to availability). One per person."

:like: nice little freebie! X
05 Mar 2014, 21:29
Quiet round these 'ere parts.
Not seen @callyanna today - hope you're Ok, maintaining buddy m'dear.

I can't get to a C & E shop (as opposed to a C of E shop!!) Candice. We're on the Wirral with friends this weekend, so will wave from the top of Bidston Hill (friends live in the old lighthouse)

Off to watch Mrs Browns boys!
Previous 1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 92 of 134