The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 89 of 134
Previous 1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
04 Mar 2014, 09:13
@Debs, eeeekkkkk I don't think I can ever look at my neighbour again with that image :curse:
Now if I lived next door the Hugh Jackman :cool:
04 Mar 2014, 13:53
Afternoon all, we have brilliant sunshine here today so the solar water heater is working full blast and we have really hot water for a change. I'm too stingy to allow the heater to heat the water any higher than 60C, so all winter we suffer with qickly cooling showers. But when the sun is shining its lovely and steamy for ages as the solar heater only cuts out at 110C (the shower has a thermo setting that won't allow 110C water through).

I'm off to the doctors in a bit to ask for a pile of blood tests to make sure I'm in tip top shape for my upcoming surgery, I want to make sure my iron and B12 especially are up to the task.
I have a new bit for my router and will be having a play with that tomorrow. I am thinking that a routed wall plaque will look good, I will have to find a meaningful quote I can print out and trace onto some plywood.
The garden has hit the 'shabby' looking stage and will need sorting soon. A couple more days of dry weather and I should be able to walk on it and even dig the edges of the lawn neat again. Its been so wet the soil has actually washed flat between the borders and the lawn edge. My crocusses have actually surprised me by coming up, well about half of them survived the saturation. Plus what looks like most of my daffs and tulips are growing well, the daffs are nearly ready to flower. I think it was 2 years ago, maybe 3 when we still had 2 foot of snow outside the door and no chance of flowers in March. To put it in perspective, every St.Davids Day in Wales (1st March) its traditional to wear a daffodil on your lapel to show how Welsh you are. Every year you bough a daffodil mported from Jersey where they grew them specially and 'forced' them for St.Davids Day. Even then they were rarely in full flower, usually just a bud with promise. This year I could have snipped some in the same condition from my own garden. I just wish I had the mojo to get out there and do some work.
04 Mar 2014, 14:15
Opps I forgot, I decided to be a bit lazy and save some electric at the same time. I have the tinned tomatoes, onion, tomato puree and mixed herbs in the slow cooker for the pizza sauce tonight. I also needed to cook off the small ham so Martyn could have his favourite ham and pineapple, so I double foil wrapped the ham and put it on top of the tomato mix. I hope it works.
04 Mar 2014, 15:29
Talking of Hugh Jackman @Wineoclock my sister is currently living in a duplex in Montreal where, apparently, Hugh Jackman has lived!! My sister's landlady (who lives below her) works in the film industry! How exciting eh :grin:

Hello everyone! Haven't bean in here a while because it was a bit to DIYee for me. Why, I was worn out just reading about it! Not much news here really I spose. Have had a busy morning for an ME bod. Doctor's appointment (the dreaded appointment for women :wink: ) card game with my parent's friend and then an hour's walk with the girls around a wonderfully transformed Fleet Pond. Can't tell you how exhausted I am now...am in bed typing this!

Feeling chuffed, though because I weigh the same I weighed yesterday and TODAY is the fast day...so bodes well for tomorrow's weigh-in. Can I just say...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ADF?! Thank you xx

Bean :starving:
04 Mar 2014, 15:59
Beanster, the weight's going now, isn't it! So pleased for you x
04 Mar 2014, 17:53
PennyForthem wrote: Beanster, the weight's going now, isn't it! So pleased for you x

I second that Beanie!! Well done you! :victory:
04 Mar 2014, 17:57
Silverdarling wrote: Go CM go girl! You can do it! excellent motivation tool! Months ago, right at the beginning, I was talking with @TML13 about belt notches - or was it using a ribbon as a measuring tool?? Anyway, have to get another hole punched in current jeans belt :victory:

You probably remember me using different colour ribbons to see how many CM I lost because I didn't have a measuring tape. I am actually 100% sure that I DO own a measuring tape I just have no idea where it might be. :shock:
04 Mar 2014, 18:17
Hi @TML lovely to have you on the forum xxx :like: :like: :like:
And @nursebean well done on the weight loss! X
Only away for a little while and unable to catch up on all the new stuff,so hi all and hope everyone ok? Pancakes anyone? @callyanna hope your knee and hip are ok today xx
04 Mar 2014, 18:27
Pancakes? Did someone say pancakes? I'm on my way....
04 Mar 2014, 18:30
Yes,@CandiceMarie, this topic really does have a life of its own, keeps things 'topical' though! :grin: hope you're fit and well CM ?
Hope everyone's been enjoying this gorgeous Spring sunshine in the UK, sorry for any peeps shivering right now!
My hip's taken to a very fetching camo pattern in shades of green and brown today. I'm sure it will ache a lot less once the bruising's gone down so just keep smiling. :lol:
Well done @nursebean on your progress, you're doing fantastically well! :like: :like:
04 Mar 2014, 18:32
Callyanna, did I miss what happened to your hip? I saw you had a poorly knee, but are you falling to bits there?
04 Mar 2014, 18:36
PennyForthem wrote: Callyanna, did I miss what happened to your hip? I saw you had a poorly knee, but are you falling to bits there?

Yep! tripped over my own feet and fell on the kitchen floor just putting the dishes away. Landed on my bad hip, wrenching my knee in the process (oh :cry: and did I mention scraping my elbow into the bargain?lol). Bits are dropping off me right, left and centre! :grin: :razz: Don't worry though, I'm a little toughie and will soon be right as rain!
04 Mar 2014, 18:53
Agh, falling to bits is no fun, Callyanna. Shall I send my puppy to kiss it better? She'll get you right in no time... #puppypower
04 Mar 2014, 19:20
@gillymary love the sound of your new boots..and your new bargain jeans! X
PS what is an op shop please! :?:
04 Mar 2014, 19:28
Just off to try on the dresses from M and S ... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Previous 1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 89 of 134