The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 96 of 134
Previous 1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
08 Mar 2014, 11:12
Cauli craving??!!! Now, scone craving I can understand!
08 Mar 2014, 11:41
I am a bit weird like that :bugeyes:

Cauli is one of my top 5 veg and I could put it in anything, soup, gratin, nuggets, with pasta, tuna, a mix of different vegs and I can easily eat 1 whole cauli by myself in 2 days top
08 Mar 2014, 11:50
I think I probably overdosed on cauli and broccoli and have trouble eating them now!
08 Mar 2014, 12:03
I only eat cauli, not the others (romanesco and broccoli) and only when it's cold, never during the summer time. I hated it when I was a kid but I think it was because of how my mother used to cook it, in lots and lots of water. It was disgusting, really.

I also believe that our taste goes in cycles. There some times I would overeat some fruits or veg (mostly watermelon in the summer or strawberries), I binge on them, and after a while I can't stand them until the next year.
08 Mar 2014, 13:59
I don't think I shall ever tire of cauliflower and broccoli.....love asparagus too.

@Julieathome I hope you've had a good night's sleep?
08 Mar 2014, 14:36
I managed a very good sleep last night, a full 12 hours, I must have been utterly shattered to sleep that long.
My 'to be done before surgery date' list is getting rather long. It includes getting my false nails removed, boo hoo! These have lasted a really long time so far, its going to be a shame to see them go.

Today's plans are not very much. Shopping later and then a skype chat with my daughter. But other than that, nothing much, unless I can persuade myself to get out in the garden and do some tidying up or even some digging/lawn edging.
Garden update, I have 20 crocus and 4 daffodils in flower at the moment. Its starting to look rather summery out there. I have some packets of seeds that need to be scattered but I'm not doing them until the lawn edge has been trimmed and dug down a bit. Otherwise, another lazy day for me.
08 Mar 2014, 17:49
Just caught up on all the news.
We got away in the caravan and we're on a lovely site and the sun is shining. However, yesterday our lovely middle springer developed a sudden and severe allergy to something here and, as we're not far away, we popped her in the car and took her to our vet. She had an injection, which has helped. We don't know what has caused this, but she has been the same today. We were told to give her Piriton and luckily, I always carry some of that for me, in case I get a horse fly bite.

Apart from that, the mobile fish and chippy visited the site last night. I had a hankering for a portion of chips between us, to go with our curry, but we both then decided we could no longer eat chips!

Hugs to you all and here's hoping health and houses are all speedily resolved xx
08 Mar 2014, 17:52
Hello all :) Just popping in to say hi as I have been SO busy recently and just haven't been able to get on here.
Anyway, I hope you are all well. I had Mon/Wed/Thurs fasts last week as I began birthday celebrations early yesterday (and we're out to dinner tonight, and then family celebration tomorrow on the actual day!), so was a bit worried that if I didn't manage three days, I would not be able to celebrate...
birthday tomorrow, and Fastiversary on Tuesday! Ta - day!! Cannot believe I have been doing this for a year! It's second nature now, and although I am on the longest plateau of all time, maybe this is where my body wants to stay?!

Best surprise last night when oldest arrived home from uni for the weekend - no-one told me and I had no idea, so it was brilliant. :)

Thank you to whoever it was who posted the celeriac remoulade recipe - it was DELICIOUS!

I will TRY to post a bit more frequently - I don't know how you all manage to keep up with all the posts! xx
08 Mar 2014, 19:33
T'was moi. It's gorgeous!!

Hmm, now got a hankering for some - we have celeriac in the caravan (see, I am prepared) but no grater. Sharp knife, I think..
08 Mar 2014, 19:49
Our internet still down at home so I dragged my laptop to the public library to use their wifi --it's all the way next door to our building. I imagine all the young people (grad students) in our building have smart phones and ipads, but the retired people like us have only our PC's and laptops, so we are feeling bereft when the provider can't get it together to fix whatever's wrong.

Thanks, Candice, it's nice to feel needed. I need my fix with all you guys!
08 Mar 2014, 20:02
V horribly smug tonight
Got weighed Tues..had put on four pounds due to assorted naughtinesses..
Fasted Wed and Fri and had about 1600 cals Thursday.
Had two big slices buttered( but not heavily) toast for brekkie today,and then,on impulse,passing Superdrug,where i have my own personal scales :lol: jumped on them...
Lost the four pound AND another pound! Very happy to take it :lol:
08 Mar 2014, 20:32
Oh get you missus! Very happy for you CandiceMarie! x
08 Mar 2014, 20:43
Thanks cally and penny x makes you feel so good doesnt it! Onwards and downwards.
Fasting again tomorrow on my mini ADF adventure
Not sure am up to it longterm! But who knows!
On another theme,i am a massive cauli fan too..i think its absolutely gorgeous! X
Ps what a pretty avatar @Auriga!
08 Mar 2014, 21:37
Boo Hoo! My daughter couldn't skype tonight as she was too busy (a quick typed message is all).

I believe I have had too many carbs again today, in fact I know I have, too many treats plus a sweet and sour chicken with rice for dinner. I can feel my body heating up already. I am going to try an experiment if it gets too bad before bed, I am going to exercise, bounce around to a DVD or a youtube exercise video and see if burning the glycogen out of the muscles or the free ranging sugar in my blood stream cuts the hot flush down. I will wait to se if it turns into a full blown hot flush to make sure its a proper experiment. If it works, it will be so much nicer to than the cold showers I have to put up with at the moment. The cold showers aren't even working that well any more so I will give the exercise a try. One thing I have noticed that may corroborate the experiment is that I don't get hot flushes on days I exercise, especially if the exercise is in the evening, following on from my theory it could well be that the exercise burns off anything thats related to sugar. Could this be the bodies way of getting rid of free sugar molecules that are damaging to the body when the insulin isn't working right?
09 Mar 2014, 09:23
Come in @Sue.Q you have been very quiet over the last few days ... All ok? Anyone else know anything? @Ballerina @CarieOates @Wendy Darling @PennyForthem
Previous 1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 96 of 134