The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 98 of 134
Previous 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
09 Mar 2014, 12:41
Sorry to read of your sister's health issues, chook. Sending virtual hugs.
Anyone heard from @sue.q yet?

absolutely gorgeous here today, so off to the beach with the girls. We think we have identified the cause of dear doggy's allergy - or rather its location. We have been walking them on open heathland and this morning, we took them in the opposite direction and she had not had a recurrence today. We wondered if it was Sloe pollen which is causing it. She's quite perky today!
09 Mar 2014, 12:48
Nothing from Sue.Q - do hope there is nothing amiss :frown:

It's sunny up here, been out clearing up after my fence replacement - here it is (and don't you dare say what one of my friends said 'you know you're middle-aged when you get excited about a new fence' :curse: :lol: :wink: )

image.jpg
09 Mar 2014, 13:10
Well the fence painting has been put on hold. I was given 3 X 5 litre tubs of Ronseal fence paint from freecycle. The guy pointed to his shed and said its that colour. To my eyes, in the sunset, it looked a lovely dark brown. Well it isn't, its 'Forest Green' and honestly I'm not sure about having such an in your face colour all round my garden. Plus the sheds would stand out too much. I think it would be lovely after a year of sun bleaching, but this year it would shout out to the world, 'here there be weirdo's'.
09 Mar 2014, 13:28
Why oh why are 'Jelly Babies' and 'American Hard Gums' so addictive. I can't stop eating them.
09 Mar 2014, 13:35
Thanks for your good wishes everyone. She's still in surgery and not expected out for another hour and a half. I assume that means there were complications and they may have had to replace the valve. I'm going to try and get some sleep and hope for good news in the morning. My brother's driving down from NSW so I'll have to get hie bed ready and stock up with some food. Good night everyone.
09 Mar 2014, 13:39
Our shed is forest green colour@Julieathome it's next to the 25000ltr green oil tank. So we painted it green so they blend in!!! NOT.

Nice to hear all is going ok chook. My father in law had it done about 6yrs ago and his daughter flew back from Auckland just in time to see him wheeled into surgery. She's in good hands I suspect.
09 Mar 2014, 14:19
@Chook Hope things carry on going ok for your sister. Sending lots of love and virtual hugs to you all. xx
09 Mar 2014, 15:41
Hi im back @Silverdarling And @PennyForthem @CandiceMarie Worry not dodgy WiFi and Thursdays fast cancelled because I was unwell.
Put a top on today that looks and feels somewhat snug so that's not good but will fast tomorrow and Wednesday this week because out on Thurs night. :heart: Sue
09 Mar 2014, 15:52
Step away from the sweeties @julieathome !

I've managed to wash my hair, unload and re-load the dishwasher and put a wash on today, AND I've eaten a whole bowl of home made soup. Feeling rather worn out after that effort but its more than I've managed for days so things are looking up :like:
09 Mar 2014, 16:24
Woohoo! I managed to upload an avatar! :victory:

She's a bit squished in order to get to the 100 x 100 pixels thing (she should be 100w x 66h) but never mind.
09 Mar 2014, 16:31
Hope things turn out well chook {{{+}}}
Glad you're ok sueQ {{{+}}}
Anyone else for a hug?
Loving the sunshine. We decided on a visit to Wimpole Hall but discovered so had everyone else when we got there. Couldn't park, it was rammed, so drove on to Shepreth Zoo but so had everyone else, couldn't park, it was rammed. Had a cuppa at Cambridge services in desperation. Did manage to see some lambs and a green woodpecker by a river on the way back. I feel too tired to care after 108 miles of very little.
Trapped in a metal box when all I wanted was to be outside :0(
09 Mar 2014, 16:34
@azureblue, sorry your day turned out like that!

Not sure where to post this, so chatterbox seemed as good a place as any - my friend sent me this link. I couldn't stop laughing so had to share!
http://media.theory11.com/9728-les-beaux-frères---serviette

D x
09 Mar 2014, 16:40
I love it :grin: :lol:
09 Mar 2014, 17:16
Yesterday at the EA meet up, one of the topics we discussed was full fat. A couple of us admitted that due to being force fed the low fat is healthy thing for many years (for me, way more than half my life) we are finding it quite difficult to come to terms with it. I am going to add in one product at a time and monitor with daily weighing as usual. Isn't it silly to be so afraid?

Eggs and cream turn out to be good for you then after all? Bring it on :smile:

Oh and after having no white potatoes at all for I can't remember how long, apart from a couple with lunch yesterday, I am having a couple of roasties with dinner tonight. So there :lol:
09 Mar 2014, 17:29
@Chook - sending a big hug to you and hope all goes well for your sister :clover: . What a worry.
Previous 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 98 of 134