The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 101 of 134
Previous 1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
10 Mar 2014, 12:42
Cloud and cold, north-easterly wind here in South Lincolnshire today. Luckily, I'm not tempted outside as I've too much to do indoors today!

Enjoy the sun - those of you who have any! :smile:
10 Mar 2014, 13:15
@Sue.Q ouch :frown:

I'm doing some crochet in front of the telly, feet up, plus sea view :smile: Who said recuperating was no fun? :wink:
10 Mar 2014, 13:54
I'm in sunny Sheffield today to deliver some training - have done my bit so just whiling away the rest of the session in case anyone has any questions. Have had to fend off colleagues telling me I MUST eat lunch!
10 Mar 2014, 14:14
Just back from our weekend away in the caravan, which was very relaxing, although I did lunch Saturday for hub'sister and her hub and Moroccan tagine (2 kinds plus salads) for hub's old school friend and his wife last night.
Just catching up with all of you and loading the washing machine at the same time!
10 Mar 2014, 14:32
I'm doing a liquid diet today in preparation for the dreaded colonoscopy tomorrow. They had me on a low fiber diet for the last few days, too--no raw fruits or vegetables, no whole or cracked grains. I bought the best ciabbatta and batard I could find and have been indulging myself with tasty grilled cheese sandwiches, toast, etc. But somehow it's not caused me to gain any weight.

We feel like Spring is here at last even though a winter storm is forecast for Tuesday night on. It's Spring because we're finally out of the single digits (F). Funny what small things can make you feel good.
10 Mar 2014, 15:17
Good luck tomorrow@Marybeth. Be sure to have a nice treat after the colonoscopy! X
10 Mar 2014, 15:44
Thank you, Candice, I've got something special waiting in the freezer http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/store ... &langId=-1
10 Mar 2014, 16:50
Good luck from me too @Marybeth :clover: .
10 Mar 2014, 16:58
Jolly cold wind round here and stubborn grey skies, still it gave me a chance to spend three hours sorting accounts and computer, and after all that sitting, clean the kitchen floor. Ironing next :0)
10 Mar 2014, 17:03
Must be catching this activity thing! I cleaned the kitchen windows, did a pile of ironing, stripped a bed and prepared the evening fast.
10 Mar 2014, 17:41
Oh no :frown: Poor DD2 has come over all hot and shivery now :frown:
10 Mar 2014, 18:33
@Marybeth I hope all goes ok for you - for me, I think the prep's worse than the actual procedure, so you're almost over the worst :)
10 Mar 2014, 18:34
Winsome wrote: Oh no :frown: Poor DD2 has come over all hot and shivery now :frown:
Oh no! I hope she's ok!
10 Mar 2014, 19:33
@Doodle thank you. Bless her, she was feeling rough at lunchtime apparently (her sister told me that she nearly fell asleep in her lunch!) but didn't ask to go home because she didn't want to drag me out of the house twice (school run is a 14 mile round trip in the car) as I'm still rough. My little nurse even when she's the patient :smile:

She's quite proud that she's managed to take a paracetamol tablet for the first time ever, rather than the calpol that she loathes. We practised with tic-tacs :like: So that's something.

Now I have to work out what to do about tomorrow as it is both parents' night AND my after school club, and I don't yet know if DH will be around or not...
10 Mar 2014, 19:37
You're right @Doodle the prep is the worst part. Unfortunately, the really bad part hasn't started yet--I just took the first pills. :oops: Right now, I'm just getting sick of the taste of chicken broth :frown: but I know I need the nourishment. Just coffee and water this morning made me feel a little shaky.

Oh well, at my age, maybe this is the last one I'll ever have to have :smile: OH and I have in recent years been happy to say occasionally "Well, we'll never have to do THAT again!" One of the benefits of getting old :razz:
Previous 1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 101 of 134