The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 44 of 134
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
14 Feb 2014, 20:41
nursebean wrote: Oh Caroline?! You naughty girl, you! It's still chocolate, even in liquid form you know! Mind you, I nearly had a mocha yesterday...but realised just in time!

Bean :starving:

Glass me @nursebeanfor I have sinned. I have had a hot chocolate , 6 Lindt balls and two chocs out of my valentines box.,,...........
:frown: I'm just not bothered about chocolate but I solemnly declare that I will not have any more after TODAY until when....was it Good Friday or Easter Sunday?

Hubs is snoring in his chair already, the fizz just totally finished him off bless........
14 Feb 2014, 20:50
Hello everybody

I think I celebrated my Valentine Challenge too much yesterday and certainly over-ate on the carbs left over from our family dinner the other night.

I ate my way through lots of Soda bread, Apple Pie, and piece of Spinach and Cheese Quiche, and then munched away on the chocolates I had for afters, and I don't even care for chocolate very much!!! :shock: :shock:

It has been rather a struggle this week - but then I always say once you start eating carbs, your body gets the taste for it, and you crave and are left wanting more. :frown: :frown:

I am hoping it is now out of my system and I can start a new day, new week and of course on the road to meeting my new Easter Challenge. :smile:

I do hope so, but I must admit to head-banging this morning and I am feeling a little low about it all.
:cry: :cry:

cheers Maggie :heart: :heart:
14 Feb 2014, 20:59
You're not alone @Maggiee i ditched my usual thurs fast as DD has been home for a few days.. We had fish n chips Tues..red velvet cake on thurs,which was divine..only had three mouthfuls but the carb monster is wide awake - he never really goes to sleep!
today have eaten too many carbs...taking my Beau for a birthday meal tomozz and its his bday Sunday..so its gonna be monday before am back to normal..i feel huge and want more carbz!
By the way, i left a comment re yr Vals Day baby! A lovely gift for every year! But it vanished :confused: XX
14 Feb 2014, 21:09
Thanks @CandiceMarie - he enjoys the day now the only problem being when going out for a meal places are crowded and the prices are higher and it's uually hot!

By the way I love red velvet cake! Yummy.

I am feeling rather bloated this morning but that would be the wheat. Why do we torture ourselves by eating foods that we no are not good for our bodies?

Cheers maggie :smile: :smile: :smile:
14 Feb 2014, 21:39
I guess it is must they taste so darn good..that recent documentary showed that sugar AND fat eaten together is an almost irresistible combination..red velvet cake OMG to die for!
Happy Bday to yr darling boy..i am sure you christened him " Valentine" ! X :?:
14 Feb 2014, 23:57
It ain't half windy tonight.
15 Feb 2014, 07:48
Better lay off the beans then wendydarling :wink: :lol:

How was the Bridge walk wino??
15 Feb 2014, 07:54
I just so don't want to go out and do this market
:cry:
15 Feb 2014, 07:58
You'll have to weigh yourself down Penny. Be careful out there everyone.
Neighbours fence gone. Thank god we've reinforced ours, best £160 we spent. We've got a few random objects settled down the bottom of the garden, don't know how the ornamental Geko jumped off the wall though.
15 Feb 2014, 08:16
Caroline? What can I say?!

Mind you, I came down for breakfast intending to have a boiled egg when my mum announced she'd made porridge. 2 heaped spoons and it weighed 180 g. I then drizzled a little honey. When I entered it into MFP it came to a whopping 641 cals and about 112 carbs.

What a great start

Bean :cry:
15 Feb 2014, 08:25
Whoops Bean. Are you able to take ownership of your food intake. How does your mother react when you have your fuller for longer ready meals.?
She is just trying to take care of you at the end of the day. Going to go outside and sort our chickens out now. Fingers crossed I don't blow away.
15 Feb 2014, 08:29
Yes, she's ok.I would have felt rather mean if I'd said, No I'm having a boiled egg! Anyway, its a great warning to me. Next time I'll be prepared!!

Oh Caroline you have chickens?! Oh the poor things. Will they want to go out in this awful weather. When you go out to them, perhaps you can tie a bungee rope to you so you don't disappear!

Bean :wink:
15 Feb 2014, 08:55
@nursebean calculate that porridge again, that can't possibly be right, you would have had to have eaten more than two spoonfuls for it to come to that sort of calorie count. When I make it (not for myself - I daren't!) I use an eggcup that holds 15g of oats then I measure 3 x eggcup fulls of 1% milk! microwave for 1 minute 40 seconds and drizzle with honey. It doesn't sound a lot but it does make a small bowlful and is plenty.

I have calculated it in MFP at 58 calories for the oats, 20 calories for 50 ml milk and 20 calories for a tsp of honey = 98 calories. I might be wrong, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box and numbers are not my thing but I would suggest that you make some up using proportions similar to mine, check the count on MFP and then see if it looks like the amount you ate this morning.

Don't worry, I'm sure you didn't eat as many calories as you think you did.
15 Feb 2014, 09:28
While we are on the subject of carbs and confessions I've just eaten the leftover half of homemade pizza for breakfast and I don't even usually eat breakfast. I knew I shouldn't have made it when there weren't enough teenage boys around to finish it off! I couldn't rest while I knew it was sitting there waiting for me. At some point I've got to get out for a run today; perhaps I should make it a longer run and use some of those carbs up.
15 Feb 2014, 09:36
Thanks @Wendy darling it does seem an awful lot doesn't it. Maybe my kitchen scales are wrong but it did weigh 180 g when properly prepared!

Bean :frown:
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 44 of 134