The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 43 of 134
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
14 Feb 2014, 14:55
Manderley wrote: I would go for the fudge, as I don't like lamb and fudge is my weakness :wink:

OH gave me some chocolate fudge for Valentine's day :heart: ! Luckily, I'm not so keen on fudge...too sweet, but I was thinking it might be nice cut into smaller cubes and put into muffins...
14 Feb 2014, 15:08
I resisted the fudge as it's too sweet for me, but I had a square of Bara Brith and a sliver of goats' cheese! And I resisted the lamb burger, as I didn't want to go outside - what a wuss!!
However, I've kept my place and paid for next month - there is a waiting list of prospective stall holders and I don't want to give this market away to anyone.
Another tomorrow morning, again inside. The weather has been horrendous, but no snow.
14 Feb 2014, 15:27
Just had an options low cal hot choc and it was too chocolatey. What's wrong with me :?:
Now fudge, I love fudge, swap you my chocolates for fudge....actually I don't think I am supposed to be eating chocolate anyway. Whoops. Sorry @nursebean. :confused:

Anyone heard from Gillb. I sent her a pm in late jan, concerned that I hadn't seen her and her daughter being poorly. Haven't heard back. I am very worried. :frown:
14 Feb 2014, 16:10
I was thinking of her earlier this week too, Caroline.
It was going to be steak for Valentine's day, but the steak man wasn't at the market and it was raining so hard that I didn't fancy stopping off at the supermarket, so I've got veggie curry and hubs has got a prawn one. I'm starving!
14 Feb 2014, 16:22
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but we have seabass. A bargain at £1.14 each at sainsburys last night. New potatoes and sauted courgette ribbons, if I can slice them thinly enough. Victoria sandwich courtesy of waitrose. And fizz of course.
14 Feb 2014, 16:39
Oohhh fizz.... we have got some left over fro Christmas - wonder if it 'goes' with curry!
How do you do your ribbons, Carie? I use a Y shaped Oxo goodgrips peeler and it makes lovely thin ribbons.
14 Feb 2014, 17:10
carorees wrote: OH gave me some chocolate fudge for Valentine's day :heart: ! Luckily, I'm not so keen on fudge...too sweet, but I was thinking it might be nice cut into smaller cubes and put into muffins...

Or in pancakes :grin:

Big news, I finished my Christmas Toblerone today. No shame, it took me one and a half month to eat a chocolate bar :razz:

Right now I have a craving, as disgusting as it is, to taste the new purple tagadas :grin:
14 Feb 2014, 18:16
PennyForthem wrote: Oohhh fizz.... we have got some left over fro Christmas - wonder if it 'goes' with curry!
How do you do your ribbons, Carie? I use a Y shaped Oxo goodgrips peeler and it makes lovely thin ribbons.

@pennyforthem FYI. Fizz goes with everything luvvie. :heart:
I just use a good old fashioned box grater, so long "grated strands" in the end.

The wind is getting up here now. Thankfully our fences have all been reinforced with concrete posts. It's whipping up off the fens. Can't bear to watch the poor people on the news. I just want to join in with their tears. :cry:
14 Feb 2014, 19:45
Back safe and sound. We only hit floods that had water up to the door sills the once, the rest was very wet with surface water that was deep enough to cause aquaplaning if we hadn't been careful. The CT scan was very quick, really easy as it wasn't in the tube thing, just a doughnut that I went in and out of. Not like the MRI at all. I will get the results when they are ready.
The rain here is awful, heavy, wind lashed and cold. its even chilling the house down, and that's with the insulation levels we have.
14 Feb 2014, 19:51
Glad to hear all went well, Julie.
All quiet here but it was so wet and windy today.
14 Feb 2014, 19:55
Oh Caroline?! You naughty girl, you! It's still chocolate, even in liquid form you know! Mind you, I nearly had a mocha yesterday...but realised just in time!

Bean :starving:
14 Feb 2014, 20:00
A miracle has happened. I put the lid on the box of chocolates after only eating another 4. I still have more than half left. In fact I have more like 2/3rds of the box left.

My eldest and I are having a rethink of our eating plans. We are taking 2 weeks off because nothing is happening. Well for him its been a disaster, he's put on one and a half stone since starting 5:2, yet he's only been eating what I eat most of the time. So a chill time and get back to it after next weekend. I will have the screaming abdabs at him if I put on more than 2lb though.
14 Feb 2014, 20:04
Praps cut out the choccies altogether?

Just a thought

Bean :starving:
14 Feb 2014, 20:27
It's been a NEAT fasting day today!

Up at 5:45 to take hubby to the station. Usual pre-school stuff (on my feet) then school run. From the time I got in from the school run and some errands (on my feet again) which was about 11am, I've been in the kitchen all day cooking. My back won't thank me tomorrow but my freezer is stuffed and the fridge twinkles with virtue.

Hairy dieters chicken korma for dinner tonight

Big batches of:
Leek and potato soup
Minestrone-ish (bottom of the fridge special) soup - a HUGE pan - lots of chopping!
Tomato pasta sauce with courgette and peppers
Garlicky mushrooms, to freeze and chuck in things like frittata or on steak
Roast celery, frozen for use in stews, soups etc.

Finally, blood orange ice-cream. Oh my word, I cannot wait to eat that tomorrow! I confess to licking the spoon. It's HEAVENLY!

Plus, I've had to re-arrange the freezer to try and fit everything in :bugeyes:

I'm exhausted!
14 Feb 2014, 20:33
Oh, and roast parsnip and Parmesan soup!

Can you tell we like soup here? :oops:
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 43 of 134