The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 49 of 134
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
16 Feb 2014, 22:54
gillymary wrote: Always have a supply of aldi choceur hazelnut milk and dark at the ready. Are we eating the same chocolate do you think eg from the same original maker

Yes @gillymary I think so - I think it's like IKEA - for economies of scale, they buy in enough to go international with it. I think somewhere there is a big big warehouse just full of chocolate ....

... Possibly near @nursebean s house :lol: :lol: :lol:
16 Feb 2014, 22:55
Will @nursebean be a choccywokky beanie doodaa?
I'm off to bed, perchance to dream... sleep, even. That would be very good xx
16 Feb 2014, 23:00
Nite all. :sleepy: :sleepy:

@Debs wherever you are, you and @rawkaren can keep each other company in the Insomniacs Tent. Missing you both already! :shock: :wink: take care xx
16 Feb 2014, 23:23
Still up?!
I'm shovelling buttery croissants down my gob in the lounge, comforting eating on my way back to work :(
16 Feb 2014, 23:27
Handing over to you now @Debs - please keep things going on the night shift :cool: take care on the flight back, hope you've got a walnut whip or two to keep you going :lol: :wink:
16 Feb 2014, 23:31
Five actually :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sat in the lounge waiting for hubby to join me as he has a couple of days in Melbourne and an interview for a casual nursing position at a hospital near friends in Melbourne so it isn't as far for me to fly. Oops, here he is, must go and get a couple of strong lattes in!!
17 Feb 2014, 01:13
Looks like @debs has gone for her flight and the brits are sleeping. Where are my American ans Ozzie buddies? just back from a day walking around the Mission District of SF. Incredible such a vibrant part of the city.
17 Feb 2014, 04:13
@rawkaren did you notice I tagged you on the introduction thread of woxtoxfox? She is a newbie in your time zone...so maybe another one to chat with in the late evenings.

Read about your food foraging challenges. I thought CA would be the organic mecca. Is there a Trader Joes or Whole Foods anywhere around you. TJ's is like a corner market store that has mostly their own brand of everything...but a huge portion is organic and ALL is free of preservatives, dyes, high fructose corn syrup etc. and extremely well priced. People drive for hours to stock up on their items. Whole foods is the same thing but on a much larger scale albeit usually more expensive. But one thing 5:2 has helped me with is focusing on quality of food over quantity.
17 Feb 2014, 05:48
GoLinda wrote: @rawkaren did you notice I tagged you on the introduction thread of woxtoxfox? She is a newbie in your time zone...so maybe another one to chat with in the late evenings.

Read about your food foraging challenges. I thought CA would be the organic mecca. Is there a Trader Joes or Whole Foods anywhere around you. TJ's is like a corner market store that has mostly their own brand of everything...but a huge portion is organic and ALL is free of preservatives, dyes, high fructose corn syrup etc. and extremely well priced. People drive for hours to stock up on their items. Whole foods is the same thing but on a much larger scale albeit usually more expensive. But one thing 5:2 has helped me with is focusing on quality of food over quantity.

Hi @golinda. I didn't get the tag for @woxtoxfox. Will go and check it out. I have found a Whole Foods, but the good stuff is really expensive. There is also a Sprouts and Trader Joe's locally which I still need to check out. Not found a TJ's yet. I agree with you in that I would sooner eat less but when I eat, its good quality food.

Fasting tomorrow.....
17 Feb 2014, 08:19
@Rawkaren have you bumped into Clint Eastwood yet? Don't know why but SF always makes me think of him. Did he film Dirty Harry there or something? Anyway, hope you're ok. We're currently like ships that pass in the night :sleepy:

Hope your first day back at work isn't too bad @Debs- you finished The Luminaries yet?!

Bean :grin:
17 Feb 2014, 08:22
...and another thing...I'm NOT fasting today (tee hee) but I'm guessing you tormentors are!

Mind you, no matter what the day is, I'm still not eating chocolate until Easter Sunday. (Blimey, I didn't realise how far away that is...doh!)

Hey! Just realised this is my one thousandth post...hoorah!!

Bean :shock:
17 Feb 2014, 08:33
Morning all !

About to go grocery shopping and, as I didn't do it, except for smalls things like cat food and water, since December, you can imagine that I won't be back before this afternoon....

Had a small bowl of the slow cooked porridge for breakfast and I didn't realize how filling it is before now. Damn, just that small ball, a few berries and a bit of honey and it's as if I had eaten 3 times more ! Could be a good idea for fast days from time to time....
17 Feb 2014, 09:37
@SianS i just heard the WW ad on the radio...
they say no fasting and they say it first,even before they mention no weighing,no forbidden foods etc...
We need a 52 ad where we could also mention " no's" ..eg no registration fees! No weekly fees! No meetings to trundle along to,week in week out! No obsessive calorie counting! :grin:
17 Feb 2014, 12:46
Just back from Aldi, I stocked up on Muller & Roth, but couldn't find any mini-bars. Does 125g count as "mini"?

Edit Doh! there are 5 mini bars in each pack Yippeee
17 Feb 2014, 13:07
Let us know what you think after you've sampled them @SianS :grin: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 49 of 134