The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 52 of 134
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
18 Feb 2014, 20:16
Julieathome wrote: That looks really nice. I wonder if it would look so good with huge boobs.

Yes @Julieathome that crossover style would look fab with big bazookas just made for them :lol: :lol: :lol:
18 Feb 2014, 20:20
PennyForthem wrote: I have been to a Boden party @rawkaren. I did succumb to a nice flattering top

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Top ... GroupID=18

I might wear it for the Liverpool meet next week, if it arrives in time!

That top looks lovely @PennyForthem - everyone seems to like it - it could be a Fast Forum top - do you think Boden would give us a discount :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have got quite a few Boden things - latest was a skirt back in November - my first skirt for quite a few years - and then at Christmas a pair of knee high all leather berry coloured boots, half price in the sale. I love their tops and prints and patterns.
18 Feb 2014, 20:24
Yes, totally agree re your top @PennyForthem, great choice!
Hope to see you modelling it for us next week! :like: :like:
18 Feb 2014, 20:26
- and pics then please! :lol: :lol: :lol:
18 Feb 2014, 20:35
Interesting and funny! Sorry this is long but it IS Fascinating!.... :geek:
In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb'

-------
Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented.
It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'.. ....
And thus, the word GOLF entered into the English language.
------------
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV was Fred and Wilma Flintstone
------------
Coca-Cola was originally green.
------------
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
------------
The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven:
£ 10,120.00
------------
The first novel ever written on a typewriter, Tom Sawyer.
------------
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents A great king from history:
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
------------
111,111,111 x
111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
------------
If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died because of wounds received in battle.
If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died
Of natural causes
------------
Q.. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter 'A'?
A. One thousand
------------
Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers have in common?
A. All were invented by women.
------------
Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?
A. Honey
------------
In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes, the mattress tightened, Making the bed firmer to sleep on.
Hence the phrase...'Goodnight , sleep tight'
------------
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.
------------
In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts...
So in old England , when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them 'Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down. It's where we get the phrase: 'mind your Ps and Qs'
------------
Many years ago in England , pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service.
'Wet your whistle' is the phrase inspired by this practice.
------------
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow! X x :grin: :lol:
------------
18 Feb 2014, 22:11
@rawkaren was right the people on this thread are barking! :lol: :razz: :wink:
18 Feb 2014, 22:29
And the first words I saw today were big bazookas!!!!!!!!!
I had to go back four pages to pick up the gist of what was going on!
Ads today want me to get a life coach for my emotional and spiritual well being!
18 Feb 2014, 22:31
They seem obsessed with the welfare of my eyes..first the cataract ad,now Boots glasses! :geek: :geek: :geek:
18 Feb 2014, 22:32
i've got one for Jet2 fly to the Sun - yeah, I think not :curse: :frown: :cry:

And yes Debs I had to read back about 3 pages on coming in from work - there's just not enuf time in the day ...
18 Feb 2014, 22:48
Damn, Boden deliver to Australia! My day is sorted!
18 Feb 2014, 23:03
And they do petite @Debs :wink:
18 Feb 2014, 23:10
Not yet silverdarling - but hopefully soon!!
19 Feb 2014, 04:38
Phew only two pages to catch up on today. Nice top @pennyforthem. For some inexplicable reason, I'm not getting any ads. DOesn't sound like I'm missing out on anything though!
19 Feb 2014, 04:44
Unless you wish to hook up with a nice Ukrainian or Thai lady!!! How are you going?
19 Feb 2014, 05:27
They're (ads) still following me *rocks back and forth in a distressed manner*
Boden's yellow cashmere is still calling to me but if the sizing is dodgy, I won't try it. I could Shop and Ship it here but I'll wait til I come home. Do they have shops? Stuff seems a bit pricey or am I just out of touch?
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 52 of 134