The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 55 of 134
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
19 Feb 2014, 21:34
Well @Merlin i don't drink much, i spill most of it :grin: :lol: :grin: :lol:

I drank voddy n orange for years then switched to gin...x :confused: :wink: :razz:

Is it really grandchild number eight or did i read that wrong..how amazing if so,and what an experienced. Nan you are!
also v amazing if its number one! Sampler sounds a lovely idea x
19 Feb 2014, 21:38
I always aspired to be a yummy mummy but never quite made it, neither young, attractive nor wealthy enough. Shame. What could I be now it's too late for all of those things? Oh and by the way, I wear a fair amount of Joules but never Boden. Used to buy lots of the childrenswear in the hope of osmosis to yummy mummy status but it didn't happen. I have always thought that Boden is seriously overpriced for what it is. Sorry Johnny!
19 Feb 2014, 21:40
@CandiceMarie do try it with the good quality mineral water it is soooo nice but agree it really needs the citrus. It's been hot here so nice for our happy hour to have as a long drink and not too much alcohol.

Oh @Merlin Memory lane and know what you mean, one too many gin and tonics consumed at a party when my heart was broken when my then boyfriend ditched me and boy was that a gin fuelled weep.
19 Feb 2014, 21:41
I am just a goldie oldie these days @Wendy Darling x
19 Feb 2014, 21:43
I' ll give it a go @gillymary! And oh i recall those times my heart was broken! But like in the Leonard Cohen song,its those cracks that let the light in! :heart:
19 Feb 2014, 21:54
@CandiceMarie Just celebrated yet another wedding anniversary and as we are move along through the next decade towards 40 years together am so glad it wasn't that other lad as I did then get to meet my darling :rose: :rose: :rose: :kissing: :rainbow: :rainbow:
19 Feb 2014, 22:00
Oh thats lovely Gilly x :heart:
So glad you ended up with the right one! It worked out well in the end! O bet you wdnt swap him for the world!
I had a series of disasters..had to wait til i was sixty to meet a good man! :confused: x
19 Feb 2014, 22:05
I've only ever bought Boden in the sales. Totally agree about them being overpriced as a general rule. I feel the same way about Isabella Oliver - a favourite brand of wonderful, sexy but classy clothes, but I never, EVER buy anything full price from them!

Rawkaren, I hope you have a lovely couple of days with your OH :smile:

As for gin - bleurgh! The mere smell makes me feel ill. Love vodka though :dazed:
19 Feb 2014, 22:11
C[tag][/tag]andiceMarie wrote: Oh thats lovely Gilly x :heart:
So glad you ended up with the right one! It worked out well in the end! O bet you wdnt swap him for the world!
I had a series of disasters..had to wait til i was sixty to meet a good man! :confused: x

:heart: Everything comes to those who wait @CandiceMarieYou got there in the end plus this one can enjoy your
"new body" that no one else has eh. :heart:

@Wendy Darling Just had my first gin fizz lovely. :heart:

@gillymary we've just had our sapphire anniversary so I'm winning on that one and yes another golfer. :heart: Sue
19 Feb 2014, 22:16
@CandiceMarie
It is indeed no 8. I have a son , daughter & 2 stepsons. No 8 will be the 3rd child of the stepson who lives in Italy. It will also be sampler no 8.
I thought they'd all finished, but obviously not!!!!!
19 Feb 2014, 22:59
Ahhh! clothing and decisions. I have absolutely no idea what to wear this weekend. What kind of look to go for. I don't want to be 'overdressed' but I do want to be either 'classy' or slightly shocking.
I would love a skull t'shirt with a denim jacket and jeans. or a long sleeved top with classy trousers. Or do I take two, three or four outfits and see what i feel like on the day?
The meet up is in an ordinary pub, even though we are staying in a Holiday Inn (yippee I get a workout at the weekend, I may even get hubby into a swimming pool). So do I go posh for the hotel, well posh for me and then slum it for the meet up or what. As hubby keeps on saying, 'whats wrong with naked'? There are way to many choices and reasons for differences in clothing in the world today.
20 Feb 2014, 02:58
Ohhh can someone help me here! @carorees? Anyone?
Sleepless,so trying to read Zoe Harcombe's free ebook "20 Diet Myths"..cannot copy and paste the bit i want to, but about Myth 2 - "Eating less will make you weigh less" she says,

The person who eats less has less energy and will likely do less that day
*** The body will also cut back on its maintenance for the day - it can save cell repair and building bone density for another day - you havent eaten enough,so it can cut back ***

The bit i've starred has alarmed me..if this is true,surely we can't call a fast day a " fast and repair" day :0( ? ? :shock: :starving: :frown:
20 Feb 2014, 06:44
Morning all. I'm just off to bed now. Just done a skype with OH who is starting out about now so on his way to LHR. Hopefully this time tomorrow we will be together. :heart: Thanks to @carieoates, @nursebean,@pennyforthem,@sue.q, @ballerina for all your good wishes. I will try to stay connected with you all still thought :like: :like: :like: Look forward to the Boden updates.
20 Feb 2014, 08:28
Morning all and good night Karen.
@CandiceMarie I don't like that passage either.
@Julieathome I feel that holiday inn isn't as snooty as it used to be (I'm going to stay in one for my nieces wedding in June) so I'd be smart and comfortable. If you are wearing something special you will feel special even if it's your fave pair of smart boots. In saying that you'll have a smashing weekend as it's a treat. When you don't do these things often it's always special. :heart:
20 Feb 2014, 08:48
@CandiceMarie I just Googled Zoe Harcombe and decided I didn't like her approach, she seems very keen on Brown Rice
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 55 of 134