The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 63 of 134
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
22 Feb 2014, 13:52
I think I saw Blondie in the paper the other day. She's 60 now! How did THAT happen? Mind you, how did I become 45 when I still feel 20?

Who's this? The Whispers? Hmm know the song, not them

Bean :bugeyes: :starving:
22 Feb 2014, 13:57
The whispers..i dont remember them at all..
Mind you, i am a sixties gal and i love the nineties too,folllowed by the seventies..
Whats going to be number one Tony?? :cool: ???
And yes! beanie in our hearts we're forever young! And to me, you are just a baby! X
22 Feb 2014, 13:59
It's Tommy tense!

Bean :starving: :shock:

Poppy's getting desperate now...I'll be back!

Bean :starving: :cool:
22 Feb 2014, 14:02
Which channel is that girls?
There's so many songs with my full name and shortened name in. I'm famous.

Edit. Ok I found it. Poetry in motion. Dear. O dear.
My daughter just walked and said "mum what are you doing listening to THAT.
22 Feb 2014, 14:07
Hi @carieoates
We were listening to Pick of the Pops on radio 2.. Was fun listening with Bean..
Yes lots of songs in your honour!
Sweet Caroline
Carolin(a) Moon
Caroline No
Caroline Says

Any more anyone? I know there are others..status Quo Caroline!

Going for a rest now,that Bean has danced the feet off me ! X :grin: :lol:
22 Feb 2014, 14:47
nursebean wrote: I think I saw Blondie in the paper the other day. She's 60 now! How did THAT happen? Mind you, how did I become 45 when I still feel 20?

I think you'll find that she is 68!! and looking good still :-)
22 Feb 2014, 15:36
Back in the day, @SilverDarling I worked in a small academic library that still used Dewey. Fiction was shelved in the 800's (literature, as you, but not everyone, I'm sure knows). I worked with LC classification for many years and never did like it much.

About OCD: OH and I are somewhat, but about different things--I couldn't care less whether all my paper money in my wallet faces the same way--in ascending order of denomination, no less; and he doesn't care how the mug handles face or the pots are stacked up. Good thing we're tolerant of each other or there'd be trouble :grin:

In retirement now, my library volunteer job @Julieathome is keeping the Mysery and Science Fiction sections in order (in library jargon, we call it shelf-reading) It's so eye-glazing that one can only do it in one-hour shifts. btw I hope you are having a wonderful weekend away. :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 15:53
Blimey, Angie, I got that wrong didn't I...68?

Never did get to hear what no.1 was...no Candy Candy? Can you enlighten me?!

Bean :starving: :confused:
22 Feb 2014, 16:07
@nursebean it was Coward of the County by Kenny Rogers!
Pretty awful to think that got to the number one spot..
@carieoates an equally bad song,poetry in motion, i agree with yr DD,but you must have been on a different station coz it wasnt played on pick of the pops! XX :wink:
Ps Bean who the heck is Tommy Tense? :shock:
22 Feb 2014, 16:16
angie090465 wrote:
nursebean wrote: I think I saw Blondie in the paper the other day. She's 60 now! How did THAT happen? Mind you, how did I become 45 when I still feel 20?

I think you'll find that she is 68!! and looking good still :-)

@angie090465She was stunning when young and still stunning,wish i knew her secret! Possibly just good genes! X
22 Feb 2014, 16:20
I work on the principle that OCD is an inherent part of every human being, it just varies, some have an unnoticeably mild form and others cannot live without their cup handles all facing the same way and the rest of you are somewhere in between. I feel much the same way about autism, another part of humanity in varying degrees. Of course I can see that extremes in anything is very debilitating for the sufferer and those closest to them but I wonder if there really is such a thing as 'normal'? We are all 'normal' within our own sphere and all valuable in our own right.

Here endeth today's lesson, sorry about that

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 18:44
I think you put that really well @Ballerina x explains a lot
I need everything to be neat and tidy,a bit compulsively so,but not too bad..but i start getting itchy watching any tv prog where the room is untidy..in my head i am tidying it up..
And i can't have the volume on the tv on an odd number ...it feels untidy!
22 Feb 2014, 18:56
CD, I know what you mean, my wardrobe makes a Benneton shop look positively untidy and my ironing has to be folded into the most exquisitely neat pile before I can start, oh dear, better stop now before I'm written off as a mad auld biddy and you all avoid me on tuesday :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 18:57
I am very unOCD. My mugs don't match, nor are they nicely placed. Our house is clean, but not too tidy (you can visit and tidy it @candicemarie. I don't hang socks in matching pairs on the line, nor do I have my stuff in order. But... I do know where everything goes, as opposed to hub, who, after living here for 13 years, still puts things in the wrong place after washing up!!
Ironing? Oh I'd better get myself ironed before Tuesday then x
22 Feb 2014, 19:18
I have a lovely drawer tidy, so my knickers are in colour order, my bras are separated, plus my socks are rolled up neatly and in order. I do like 'tidy' but am trapped in a world where I haven't the energy to tidy! Probably just as well :wink:

@Candicemarie I DID actually hear no.1 now I realise. Er, I really LOVED Coward of the County! But then when I was young I used to love men with beards...I even had a crush on the guy in Brotherhood of Man...remember him?

Shamefaced Bean :starving: :shock:
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 63 of 134