The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

126 posts Page 8 of 9
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: Any Americans in the house?
25 Apr 2013, 14:28
Another American here - in upstate South Carolina. I've been doing this for about a month and the fasts keep getting easier from a hunger perspective, but I have to put more time into getting some variety on fast days. I'm bored with tuna salads. :sleepy: I'm down 3-4 pounds so far, but my clothes feel like it's more. I like this...it's freeing.

Tracieknits - one of my best friends lives in Saratoga Springs, on highway 9 above the lake (at least I think it's highway 9).

Good luck, all!
27 Apr 2013, 08:38
I'm an American living in the UK. Originally from Staten Island, NY.

I started 2 weeks ago and do find it relatively easy. I'm motivated on it whereas other diets I was defeated after a few weeks. I'm so glad I found this forum for inspiration!
27 Apr 2013, 14:24
Hi Islagirl! small world! Route 9P goes around the lake and there are some nice houses just north of the lake on that road - I used to drive it every day when I took my son to private school :-) Highway 9 goes straight through the center of town, but is still technically north of the lake too
27 Apr 2013, 14:32
American here, not far from you Tracie. In Pittsford, NY outside of Rochester, NY. Until they did a piece on the GMA show a few weeks ago, I had never heard of this WOE even tho much of the research is in the US. So far my hubs and I are both doing it but as he really thinks feed days are FEAST days, I am the only one who lost weight even tho men usually lose more and faster. However his blood sugar and pressure have both dropped even without weight loss so that is wonderful!!
27 Apr 2013, 14:38
Yep! Raised in the South and living in upstate NY for last 30 years. And I think this diet is "awesome". Ha!! I haven't got any friends to join in yet. I think they're skeptical but they will want to do it when they see how much I'm going to lose. I heard about the diet online and it seemed more doable for me as I can't stand the every day slog of low fat, no sugar and few calories. This one is working because I get some breaks!
27 Apr 2013, 14:43
Yes....ME!!! I'm from South Dakota...
27 Apr 2013, 15:00
Middle Tennessee-Home of the Grand Ole Opry!

I am on a Primal Forum and one of the posters there on an ADF thread posted a link to Michael Mosely's youtube videos about the 5:2 and the one about exercise.

I am so appreciative! I was trying to do ADF, but was unsuccessful do the what I perceived as inflexibility of OED. 5:2 is loads easier (I am just ending my official 2nd week of 5:2) and I love it.
28 Apr 2013, 15:16
Hi - I'm in southern California...haven't had great results yet, but I think it's my own fault. Having trouble doing 36 hours, but can easily do the 24....I find I get cranky and nasty on the 36 hour fast! (I admit it...my poor family) so I may try 4:3 this week on a 24 hr fast...wish me luck!
28 Apr 2013, 16:34
Good luck Sarah! And so good to see so many
28 Apr 2013, 16:59
Hi from Debora in St Paul, MN!
28 Apr 2013, 17:05
I lived most my life in Colorado, now am living in Vancouver, BC, Canada - close enough and I still do much of my grocery shopping in the US since it is only 45 minutes away.
I thought interest in the 5:2 diet might increase after PBS coverage and the story on ABC but still little reaction. Their loss, actually our loss as I am already lighter than I have been in several years.
Seem to be losing .5-1 lb. per week, but I am no hurry and now that I have finished a seasonal job I am hoping to increase my exercise and activity level so might have better results. I have no problem with fast days, but still am doing breakfast, lunch, dinner - might try breakfast and dinner only soon.
My clothes are a bit looser, am hoping I can go out soon and by pants that are the next size smaller - then will throw the old ones out never to reenter the house again:).
Enjoy this forum and wish everyone well,
07 Jun 2013, 18:10
Quincy, Massachusetts here that's just outside of Boston. Started 5 2 after searching PBS.com for a program and stumbled across Eat, Fast, Live. I am into my ninth week and have lost 15 lbs. Moseley himself would have to do book tour here in order for 5 2 to take off. Also it goes against the grain of medical and health enthusiasts here.
17 Feb 2015, 04:40
Hi Tracy,
Brit living in Texas since 1989. Heard about 5:2 on Ravelry, hummingbirdtx on there. Folks in British Banter group mentioned it and thought I'd give it a go. Been almost 5 weeks and now 15 lbs lighter than when I started. Travel to the UK about once a year to visit Dad, at almost 90 we keep each other company as we travel about visiting different places in the UK, but this year northern Spain is our holiday destination. Never a dull moment with Dad, so hoping less weight will make for a more enjoyable holiday. I have not mentioned what I am doing to friends or family only to Ravelry and here! Understanding much more preferable to uninformed comments and skepticism
17 Feb 2015, 11:01
Hi @CarolynTX and welcome to the forum!

So glad you are enjoying 5:2 and congrats on your weight loss to date. And, wow, what a great Dad you have!

If you are on Ravelry I'm guessing you knit? There are quite a few keen knitters on the forum and some learners.
17 Feb 2015, 12:28
Oh yes, I knit, crochet, and sew. If I am doing something with my hands, at least I am not eating! ...and yes, Dad is awesome. Since Mother died, I've been returning home and we've become best travel buddies. He decides where we go, considers what I/we like to see, plans old school with hand written itineraries, town to town mileages, and telephones hotels to book! Done Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wales, Lake District, Northumberland, Yorkshire, East Anglia, Cambridge, Dover, Canterbury, Swanage, and very many National Trust, English Heritage, and privately owned historic places in between. I will need to plant a Scotland seed next.....At 89 years old, he's really amazing. I am VERY lucky.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 8 of 9