The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

126 posts Page 6 of 9
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: Any Americans in the house?
25 Mar 2013, 01:39
Miljalu3, I was born & raised in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
25 Mar 2013, 02:06
From Oklahoma,starting week 4 and 7th fast day right now..lost 4 pounds so far.
25 Mar 2013, 02:45
Flynn08 wrote: Miljalu3, I was born & raised in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

Flyyn08, I was born in Elgin and have lived in several different towns within 45 minutes of there most of my life (2 years in Nevada as well). We moved to Wisconsin last fall.
25 Mar 2013, 03:00
I'm an American living in Pennsylvania. I'm starting tomorrow with the fast. I am not fully prepared and I don't have the book. I heard about the Fast Diet on the Good Morning America show last week and have been reading about it on line ever since. I had been on a 500 calorie diet many years ago when I went to a Bariatric Center. They gave us shots and pills and we had to weigh in once a week . I have been trying to remember what I ate and the only thing I can remember about the diet is eating tofu. I know that I lost a lot of weight fast but of course I re-gained it just as fast.
I was thinking that I would eat Lean Crusine Frozen dinners that are all about 300 calories and some vegetables. I have to see what else I can eat for 200 calories. I will have a half cup of 1% milk in my coffee for 50 calories. Don't know about a salad because of the dressing. I am going to watch the doctor that wrote the book when he is on PBS April 3rd and I have to buy the book. I just joined this site last night and have to read what others are doing.
25 Mar 2013, 03:02
I'm an American, from Kansas! I have an online friend from UK who mentioned 5:2 and I started looking into it. Got my hubby on it too :) We've both watched the documentary and I bought the book on my Kindle. The documentary is supposed to air in April on PBS, so I think you will see A LOT more Americans taking to this after they watch the program.
25 Mar 2013, 03:14
I'm another one. Born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina but living in Atlanta, Georgia. Haven't actually seen any shows on the plan yet but did see a commercial for one of the news shows that hasn't aired yet. I looked it up and bought the book that day. So far so good, down 4lbs in a week. I know it will slow quickly though, but I think this is a diet I can stick too. I really like the flexibility...I may do 4:3 some weeks and 5:2 others...even through in a 6:1 while traveling later this spring.
25 Mar 2013, 20:44
I'm American... living in Philadelphia. This is week 3 for me.
26 Mar 2013, 11:04
Burgher - do you cook at all? There are lots of recipes in the recipe section.

One thing I like to do it take a piece of meat, like chicken or a pork chop, and pound it to about 1/2 inch thin. Then I sprinkle spices on both sides. I heat up a pan, then once the pan is hot, I spray a bit of cooking spray (like Pam) in the pan and immediately plop the meat down. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side at medium high. It's more satisfying than a lean cuisine! You'd have to weigh your meat and calculate the calories.

You can add that meat to a salad (get a diet dressing - Newmans lite balsamic is really good and 45 calories for 1 tablespoon - or just use a lot of balsamic vinegar with a teaspoon of oil). Or you can microwave steam a big bag of veggies for often less than 10 calories.
26 Mar 2013, 11:49
Howdy - NH here! Used to live in Upstate NY and spent a lot of time in the Lake George Area in the summers. Hubby and I are new to the diet and loving it!
26 Mar 2013, 15:17
Hello from New Mexico. Originally from Washington State, but moved to New Mexico for my husbands job.
26 Mar 2013, 16:07
I am a Texan. I am on week 3 and just ran across this forum. Love reading the threads for support. Find the change and fasting fairly easy. Hope to continue to see results. Will weigh Friday.
28 Mar 2013, 02:55
A fourth generation Texan here! Tomorrow will be my 4th fast day. I saw Dr M on GMA or the Today show, can't remember which. So far so good on the plan. My first weigh in will be this Friday, so we'll see how it goes.

There is going to be a broadcast on PBS about this plan on April 3rd at 9pm central, in case anyone is interested. I've already got the DVR set to record. :grin:
28 Mar 2013, 19:05
skinnygirlinside wrote: American in Boston! Heard about the 5:2 from my mother-in-law was skeptical but watched the video online and quickly ordered the Kindle book read it and said why not give it a try? I had lost 8 pounds on Atkins but was tired of carb counting. Yesterday was my 3rd fast and down 1.5 pounds. I am OK with fasting during the day and have kept pretty close to the 500. My problem is sleeping, anybody else?

Hey there!

We must be neighbors! So glad I found at least one person in this town (Boston) who is trying the 5:2 diet. Yes, sleeping gets easier. I sleep better now than I have ever before. This is a great diet. I totally believe in it.

Cheers!
02 Apr 2013, 15:45
Hi from texas, I have doing this for a month. :grin:
09 Apr 2013, 12:56
Hello from the USA!! :heart: I live in the beautiful Berkshire hills of western Massachusetts. :grin:

Finishing my 1st week & already feel like a changed woman!!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 6 of 9