The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

126 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: Any Americans in the house?
09 Apr 2013, 18:51
i am a new member and new to the diet. Presently calling eastern Tennessee home. Glad to see that this is such an active website. I have already learned so much.

Tamara
10 Apr 2013, 12:35
Hi I'm currently living in KY, born and raised in Brattleboro, VT (just 8 miles from the center of the universe - Putney, VT), lived 20 years in MN (Virginia, Bemidji, and Austin). I work for public TV here and we just aired the eat special last Wednesday. Tonight is the exercise program, next week is the guts program (check your local listings if you want to tune in). You can watch the eat program on pbs.org (for free). As they say here "Hey all y'all!" :lol:
10 Apr 2013, 14:48
I'm not American, but worked for an American company most of my life, and did a lot of trips there, including six months in LA in 1991.
For anyone that side of the pond who wants to see the original TV programme "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" it is on the PBS video website.
Not sure if it is on all channels, but I found it on the Miama FL channel.
Am I allowed to say Boo-yah in an English accent?
10 Apr 2013, 14:52
I'm in north eastern South Carolina! Interestingly enough, I was born in the UK - at RAF Lakenheath, back when Bentwaters had no hospital. :cool:
10 Apr 2013, 17:35
I'm just on the forum today, been doing this about three weeks. I found out about it when my sister got the book on our shared kindle accout. She's one fast ahead of me.

I'm in beautiful northern Utah where spring took a dive back into winter for a few days.
10 Apr 2013, 18:56
As I am sitting here in Boulder City, Nevada writing, I am looking at my non-fast lunch waiting for me: a small plate with a little prosciutto, red bell peppers, kalamata olives, organic apple, gorgonzola cheese, hummus and a slice of Ezekiel toast. I can't tell you how appetizing it looks! Small amounts of really healthy foods are just so delicious for me now.

I'm 64 and have been on the 5:2 for 2 weeks, lost 5.5 lbs., and find this way of living and eating to be simple and satisfying. My daughter (aged 25) is going to take it up too. I first saw a segment on the Today Show, went on line and looked at the information on the fast diet forum and was all in. My goal is a 15 lb. weight loss to lower my borderline cholesterol and incipient pre-diabetes risk.

I enjoy cooking and am appalled at the food on supermarket shelves. Sugar added to chicken broth and a host of other foods is just the tip of the iceberg. No thanks!

It is a pleasure to be part of an international forum like this with all the different perspectives.
10 Apr 2013, 19:04
American, here! Live in Oregon now. Been on the 5:2 for three weeks seems really easy. Heard about it on a site called -3 fat chicks.com under intermittent fasting.
10 Apr 2013, 19:04
I live in Oxford UK and have for 15 years but I'm from Central New York state. :)
11 Apr 2013, 14:24
another one from boston here!
23 Apr 2013, 01:08
Hello! I'm another Denverite---from Colorado in the US. I've been at this since mid-March, lurking for a month. This forum has been so helpful that I decided to finally register. I'm having good results and plan to make this a permanent WOL.
24 Apr 2013, 14:14
(New) Jersey Girl here living in UK. I agree with a previous poster who noted how skeptical US journalists have been about the diet - I saw an article in Shape magazine for example that showed the journalist hadn't tried the diet at all but simply regurgitated the "received wisdom" about fasting.

I did this diet for 3 months from September til December last year and will warn you I only lost a pound net (I weighed myself at the start of the 3 months and the end and not in between.) But I am determined to prevail and have added more exercise and in just my first week back now I've dropped over 6 pounds. I've also started tracking waist measurement too and hope to see some results there. For those who are new, I do encourage you to look at posts on how weight can fluctuate over time and not to be discouraged. Good luck to all.
24 Apr 2013, 16:45
I'm from central Pennsylvania. Heading toward the end of my 3rd week on this WOE.
25 Apr 2013, 13:24
You guys crack me up! Welcome all!
25 Apr 2013, 14:01
Does a Californian transplanted to Texas count? I've told several of the teachers I work with that I'm on 5:2 and they think I'm nutty. I don't care.... I'll be thin and nutty and they won't be either. I enjoy swimming across the pond to chat with folks. Stay in touch, Paula AKA Rockyjp
25 Apr 2013, 14:15
I am in Minnesota. I started 5:2 on April 8. I'm not talking much about it to anyone yet because I want to avoid the negativity that I am certain to get. My fast days are Monday and Thursday. So far it is relatively easy but I am still adjusting. I actually have more problems on non fast days because my brain wants me to eat without thinking and my stomach objects when I do.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 7 of 9