The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 3 of 27
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
14 Jul 2014, 08:44
I've dropped out as I can't use forum on my phone - popped back this morning in the hope its fixed :sad:

Miss you all.
14 Jul 2014, 08:47
Hi,I am back
Went on holiday in June and then just couldn't get back into it.
My husband is very good and sticks to his two fasts a week .yesterday we had a good chat and he motivated me to start again
I don't have much to loose and did manage to loose a few kilos last year but then gave it all up and the weight came back
I think I have to accept that this is a way of life.i tend to try for a few weeks and then get despondent when nothing happens.then I try something else .
So here I am.back again determined to stick to 5/2 or 4/3 and get those last few kilos off.
14 Jul 2014, 09:08
I'm nearly one of the originals, @Azureblue. I joined a few days after you, @Ballerinaand @PennyForthem, and despite some ups and downs, am still about 21 pounds under my starting weight. Now that I'm maintaining, I tend to come on and check out a few different threads but I don't post nearly as much as I used to. I think that the time of year is also a factor. People are out and about more, away on holiday, in the garden etc and are less likely to spend hours in front of a computer. I have seen mention of this mysterious 'hangout' but have no idea what it is, where it is or who goes there so it would be difficult to know what effect it is having.

It would be interesting to know if the new format has affected the number of people visiting/using the site. I would guess that numbers are down but surely people wouldn't stop using a site which has provided so much support over the last eighteen months just because of a tricky few weeks at the change over time?

Anyway, there are still a good number of us here and, if you're one of the people out there who are 'lurking', jump in, sign up and get posting!
14 Jul 2014, 09:15
I'm here back and forth. Erratic interwebs, not liking the new format and life get in the way of regiular posting. Missing regulars too. Did meet up with some though :) and hoping to meet more next week @nessieand @wildmissus
14 Jul 2014, 09:34
Thanks @PennyForthem it's nice to be missed but you can't get rid of me that easy!! I'm around, reading more than writing at the moment.
14 Jul 2014, 10:39
MaryAnn wrote: I'm not around as much as I used to be. I hate to say it after all the hard work of people here, but I'm not crazy about the new forum. It's so hard on my eyes. It's impossible to look at on my phone, and not even particularly easy on my desk top.

@MaryAnn not sure if its mentioned in another thread but i always look at the desktop zoomed in about 133%.. in firefox its easy to zoom but if not sure you go CTRL + to zoom in and CTRL - to zoom out.

some peoples sites are too hard for my eyes so if 100% isnt good i have a quick way to look. the font here in normal mode is one point size too small for me.
14 Jul 2014, 10:46
There is a bit of a thing with me is that i think.. gee thats been posted before so nobody wants to hear it again. And hence maybe why the regulars are not posting .. and maybe some of the newbies use the brilliant search tool at the top so dont post the same question as their question is answered already.

I think once i posted something and someone dont remember when or where that it was said that subjects been "done to death".. that sent me quiet for a while. lol

And strangely as its winter im not weighing daily which is bad in many ways in my mind as it loses your focus. winter makes it just too cold to get undressed!

Last winter was different though as i was totally consumed by the new way of life. Now that i know it works I dont need to prove it with the scales. and to a certain extent, you can almost tell what you will way but the way you look in the mirror (in particular the tummy area) and also by recent bladder and bowel movement activity. Sorry TMI i know but its so true.
14 Jul 2014, 13:03
I've been lurking almost every day, but not posting very much--I'm not sure why. Is there perhaps a natural pattern for forums and forum members? Something like being very fascinating at first, but when goals are met and pertinent topics thoroughly discussed, there's not much new to say?

I'm used to the new forum format now, but it seems slower than it was before, so sometimes I get a little frustrated waiting for a post or the home page to load. My pattern is to go to my laptop with breakfast in hand, "do" email, read Paul Krugman's column/blog and comments, go to New York Times, other news outlets, including local, etc. saving Fastday for last, like dessert. Maybe by that time I'm anxious to start on my day and get away from the laptop.

I'm grateful for all the support and information I've received here, even though I'm not on as much.
14 Jul 2014, 13:37
I have to say I used to like posting on my phone but the new format makes it a tad tedious and jumps around a lot, also it's harder to track things down on here now too. I am trying to make an effort to be on here more as I feel that now I am in maintenance I can offer my help in several ways.....and I owe this website a lot( and so does my hubby)!
14 Jul 2014, 14:08
I do much more lurking than posting! Since spring I have been working outside more, walking more, and keeping the weight off! I still love this site and am thankful for all I have learned and the new friends I have met.
14 Jul 2014, 20:08
Nice to see so many of us are still around even if some of us are lurking a little more than posting.
Welcome back @sians and @sarahg, you'll do it, it's just hard to get back into the pattern but you will do it. good luck :clover:
@Daydreamer21 I hope everything's ok hun, we're here if you need us. As for work: only 1 week until summer hols, yeah!!! that will fly by. :)
@WolfieCyril is @karenm's camper van haha :grin:
14 Jul 2014, 20:27
I'm still here but have always been more of a reader than poster.
Still maintaining with relative ease although at the moment I am juggling eating windows with half marathon training which is interesting! (To me anyway :lol: ).

Forgot to say, I can't access this site though ie anymore, I have to get in through chrome.
14 Jul 2014, 20:36
@AnnieWThink you can message @fast_jason about any problems or there is a thread somewhere. I think most problems are sorted now, everything's working fine for me. :)
14 Jul 2014, 22:31
Good to see plenty of folk posting here!
I miss @gigi55 always love seeing her smile
..and i wonder if @rawkaren and OH are ok and@Debs x...
and someone who doesnt post a great deal but i miss her@angie090465
I know she's in France at the moment following the death of her lovely Dad.RIP
Thinking of you angie x
Feels like awhile since ive seen our dear Caro@Carorees as well...is she on her hols? X
14 Jul 2014, 22:43
Car ores is on holiday-saw her at the Bolton meet. Gigi55posted on the fasting thread today.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 3 of 27