The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 5 of 27
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
15 Jul 2014, 15:37
@rawkaren@Debs we would all miss you both if you stopped popping in. As you say it is not all about loosing weight. If it means you are healthier and not gaining weight that is a big advantage. We all know maintaining is even harder than loosing or yoyo dieting would not exist. :confused: :lol: :like:
15 Jul 2014, 18:33
@justdee did you expect this wonderful response? Great call, so well done you. :like: Seems like fastday is a process we all go through one way or another - we give what we can and gain in so many differing positive ways. :wink:

Well that is how I see it at the mo.

Keeping this bumped up, so people can jump on board the conversation ............
15 Jul 2014, 18:59
No @Lizbean, I really didn't think that many of us were still popping in. It's nice to know so many are here and keeping an eye on each other, even if not always very chatty :)
Sad to say but not sure if the tents are the problem, most of us chat in one tent or another. Before the tents were put up we all just started a new topic. There are so many of them now, loads I never go in. It make sense to have the tents as we all feel we belong somewhere but it has slowed things down reg new topics. :(
15 Jul 2014, 19:46
@justdee - yes I agree, it will all come out in the great fastday washing :wink:

Dinner is calling - to be cooked :shock: I'm the cook :grin: better get my skates on............. and then pop into the walkers tent before bed.
15 Jul 2014, 21:05
I am still popping in and having a look around every now and then.
A quick update. I reached my target and have maintained by doing18/6 with the odd fast day when needed.
I have been very busy lately. We got a new puppy who is demanding our attention and time. The tin tent has also been on the move these past few weekends.
This forum has been a large part of my life over the past year and a half and has helped me so much to get to my target. I will continue to pop in as often as I can. I enjoy reading all your friendly/funny/informative posts.

Lesley
15 Jul 2014, 22:24
No way Karen@rawkaren! No no no we're not having you put yrself down like that!
Lets remember something here,being a success or a failure isn't based on whether we fasted and lost,fasted and didnt lose,lost and put back on..or never even got round to fasting in the first place!
So often on here,we get bogged down in the F word and we mustnt..yes fasting and repairing is good for us ( we hope).. health benefits,weight loss etc..just fingers X'd and hoping,we don't really know if it's true
Whatever ..or evs as the youngsters say! ...so many more things matter more..
for you Karen,winning that fab swish job, being a great partner to OH,Mum to Archie,being a good friend on here,inspiring and supporting others..all the great things people say about you are more important than what a set of scales ( temporarily)say!
You look good,i know, ive seen photos, yr bp and bloods are good,you're a lovely person to know ( which is why youre missed when youre not here)
I bet you still fit in yr clothes, you have great dress sense and look fabaroony in yr togs,so give yrself a break and appreciate the Karen who is nothing to do with fasting...who is just - Karen! In all her multidimensional ways!
Dont forget the Kipling poem about meeting those two impostors triumph and disaster and treating them the same..xXXx
15 Jul 2014, 23:30
@lizbean have you had yr dads bday bash yet? X
15 Jul 2014, 23:49
What a lovely post @candicemarie, and I would second everything you have said. :heart:
16 Jul 2014, 04:42
@candicemarie. Thank you for such a lovely post. I have been having a few probs just lately. Very down. It's probably all that has happened since Christmas catching up with me. Well we all have our highs and lows and I'm so very grateful that you are here when needed. I think I can honestly say I probably could not have coped without the cameraderie of this forum. Always always someone here, no matter what time zone I'm on. :heart: :heart:
16 Jul 2014, 06:42
Oh @rawkaren, I always think you look so pretty in your photo, must catch up on your life stuff, nice new job and new address?
16 Jul 2014, 06:49
@lesley54, aww a little puppy :smile: , what kind is it?
16 Jul 2014, 08:06
Big hugs @rawkaren x life has hanged a lot for you this year with San Fran etc..hope everything gets back on an even keel and lifts yr spirits again x
16 Jul 2014, 08:36
Mmmm@Justdee kinda agree with you there about the amount of tents, there are lots I don't visit. Also and I may not be popular for saying this but the buddies system for me doesnt help. Sometimes I log on and it's tents I'm not interested in or buddies chatting, and yes I maybe being twp but I don't go into the chats because it feels like bursting in on others conversations. So I say I'm fasting have a quick nose then leave.
I think maybe we are spreading ourselves too thin.
I love this forum and all the lovely fellow fasters on here.
I think the buddy system is good for those that need it
There are too many tents, I miss the one or two chatty threads about baggy knickers and Travels to France and more importantly I miss finding out who has a birthday, singing a virtual birthday song and baking a virtual cake.

But in the long run I'm still fat (I'm being honest here) and a bit too jelly belly for my liking so I will be here forever. And when I do reach my goal (which could take forever) I'll still be here, lurking and popping in for a gossip and a moan x
16 Jul 2014, 10:56
Maybe you should get yourself a buddy @minsmum, I think there are loads of people looking for one. :)
16 Jul 2014, 11:02
Minsmum, no prob in saying what you think, it all helps on here to try and make sure it is inclusive. Do you like the. Cahatterbox thread, it seems the natural place for baggy knickers!!
I agree about the overloaded camping ground and I only stick to a few too. I don't have time to poke around all of them. Some have natural lives, but others people find useful as a thread for them to be part of.
What ever you do keep posting though!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 5 of 27