The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 4 of 27
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
14 Jul 2014, 22:48
Hi everybody

Thanks for checking @Pennyforthem - Hi @Juliana.Rivers @Wineoclock and @Sue.Q- bit of everything these last few weeks. A bit peeved with myself for being highly unmotivated I think by the 'winter blues' here downunder and yes I guess I have had problems with the new format as well, I think mainly the all white screen has a lot to do with it, I can't seem to sit in front of the screen for too long, the eyes get sore.

I had phone issues with the new format, but they have now mostly resolved.

I currently have the attitude of the 'can't be bothered' - do you know what I mean?

As for fasting well that certainly has gone down the drain at the moment - can't seem to stop having hot buttered toast in the mornings!

As I mentioned before I am a lazy exerciser at the best of times, and the cold weather has turned me into a hermit and I just don't want to go our walking at the moment, well that's my excuse anyway!

However I think I am turning the corner after giving myself some self-talking to yesterday, and the not so good blood readings for the Diabetes2 has probably just about given me the swift kick up the you know where!

My commitment to myself and you my friends will be to do 16/8 whilst keeping away from sugar and trying to keep to low carb eating - I have done it before and I can do it again!

thanks everybody

cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
14 Jul 2014, 23:05
We have also the wonderful recent returners on their thread supporting each other, with people popping in to say hello. Diversity is fab - just wonder if we have too many conversations happening and spreading ourselves too thin :shock: :shock: Hope that helps the conversation.
15 Jul 2014, 02:44
Thanks for thinking of me!
I had one week away up in far north Qld in the sunshine, really makes you realise what a huge country we Aussies live in!
Back now to my one fast day and (hopefully) one very light eating day!
15 Jul 2014, 03:49
I don't post that much anymore but I still look in from time to time and I still keep up with this WOE most of the time.. although my fasts are normally once a week and not all that strict, but I try!

I've been at the same (ish) weight since the middle of January to be honest so I've kind of given up on losing weight now, but I joined a gym a month ago so that's a pro.

Lil :heart:
15 Jul 2014, 06:43
I'm more of a lurker/thanker than a poster, but been here since the early days. I used to be more of a mumsnetter, but they had a security virus and my phone absolutely refuses to look at the site since. This coincided with this site' s awkward transition phase, :cry: . so I had no familiar fasting site to turn to!! Dreadful, I suddenly found myself unable to fast :starving:

Anyway, this site seems better, I'm much more acquainted with it and most of the regulars, fasting is back on track. :lol: :victory: :smile:

Thanks to all of you, especially Auriga and Bobshouse, as I've recently switched to 4:3, your tent musings are fab. :smile:

hazelnut where are you?

While I've got your attention, :sleepy: , hopefully, are any of those abroad in warmer climes ex pats?
15 Jul 2014, 07:07
Dinky die Aussie here of many generations who sailed out to these warmer climes. @peplum41 I think @Debs is an expat. Am sure there would be many more.

I am here, missing the good company so I agree we need to do something to bring us together so I do like your idea @Lizbean. We are a smart lot so am sure we will work it out

I am keen to keep linked here as want to get years under my belt with my new weight as well as shed a little more. While I also enjoy the international linking of us here. Thanks for the thread @silverdarling and where did @Ballerina head off too
15 Jul 2014, 08:41
Great to see some familiar faces and names return..e.g., @gigi55 and@LilSmiler!
Not only nice to feel the forums seem a bit more " bustly" and lively but also to know that peep are ok! X X
15 Jul 2014, 08:46
Lizbean wrote: We have also the wonderful recent returners on their thread supporting each other, with people popping in to say hello. Diversity is fab - just wonder if we have too many conversations happening and spreading ourselves too thin :shock: :shock: Hope that helps the conversation.

Thats a very good point actually@Lizbean
I know i used to at times get a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities under discussion.found it hard to choose between 5:2, 4:3, A D F,etc etc etc!
Now i stick to 5:2 or 16:8 and,inevitably for someone like me, many times just under or a lot over TDEE ! :wink: x
15 Jul 2014, 09:02
Hi ladies,
Sorry I have been a little hopeless, life and other stuff has been getting in the way and I have been a little peeved due to my lack of success tbh. Work and life stress seem to be holding me back from getting any further and I have been finding it hard to feel positive. Although in the scheme of things I have less to worry myself about then others, but sometimes the little black lab revisits if you get my drift.
I only had six days in Perth with Ju in our new abode before returning to site, we were both tired, Ju from driving from Tas (equivalent of London to Damascus solo), and me from work that we did a lot of sleeping in.
The house we are in is ok, we are in a room in someone else's house which feels a bit odd, but hopefully we won't be there much. The owners had a NZ hangi for us, a traditional Maori feast which involves digging a pit, filling it with hot coals and lots of food and cooking it for hours before digging it up! Very nice!
I have been back at work attempting super low carb-again.
15 Jul 2014, 09:53
Great to hear from you@Debs
Sorry to hear about the lab and the lack of success..totally empathise with both.
Love the sound of the Maori feast! X big hugs xx
15 Jul 2014, 11:46
gillymary wrote: where did @Ballerina head off too

I went to sunny Spain where we had a whale of a time :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Jul 2014, 14:37
@candicemarie. @sue.q.Just checking in too. Like @debs, I have been struggling. Still fasting but gaining weight unless I fast 3 days a week which is not always doable. As you can see from my tracker, nearly an entire year and a big fat failure.

OH finally travelled here (this week) but I think he has found the travel tough going. Hoping to get a few days off and actually see some of where I have moved to.

So hope to be back next week.
15 Jul 2014, 15:07
No, @rawkaren, I would never describe you in those terms. You are an inspiration to many, me included. Enjoy your time with O/H x
15 Jul 2014, 15:12
Thank you @pennyforthem for the shot in the arm. I do console myself with the fact that my BP and bloods are all normal which was the original reason for fasting in the first place, so as @ballerina says, it's not just about the weight!
15 Jul 2014, 15:18
@rawkaren definitely not a failure, you were one of the people who has inspired me. I find my participation on the forum goes in cycles; I check it every day but I don't always post. As @Lizbean said sometimes there are so many new threads they can get easily missed. I missed all of Moogie's recent polls, didn't see them until they were closed. Still love the camaraderie on this site and information that I have soaked up. :grin:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 4 of 27