The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

77 posts Page 2 of 6
Azureblue wrote: Don't bite off more than you can chew!

Hahaha @Azureblue!
@Sassy1, have you seen http://www.Flylady.net? It took me about 6 months of this system, but I'm now kinda organised home wise. I mean, the place is still a mess with 3 kids running around adding to hubby's mess, but at least I know that it will get done. I tend to get panicked or overwhelmed if I feel like there is a whole pile of work to do, but if the work is on a schedule, with only one or two tasks a day, then I feel organised.

Im just lying in bed thinking about when exactly I can do the challenge. I want it to become a routine part of my day. However its impossible for me to do anything for myself once the kids are around. And they wake me each morning and I go to bed with them each evening. While 2 will be in school from Monday, Mr. Toddler will still be there to jump on me! I suppose I just have to get up at 6am :frown:
Hahaha @Azureblue from me too!

And thanks for the web link @scubachick, looks interesting, I will have a good read later. :)

Finding time for the challenge will certainly be a challenge for you, with 3 young children. I can't recall if you are doing paid work as well? I assume not, from your remark about Mr Toddler. Once the older 2 are at school, could you put him in front of the TV/DVD for a short while, while you do 10-15mins; are there other times in the day when he is occupied when you can grab a few more mins for yourself? Would he do some modified form of the exercise with you? What about when hubby gets home, could he look after them all while you have some me time? Tho I guess the "get up early" may end up being the most practical!! :( anyway, I am sure you will sort something out. :)
@Scubachick I have the same toddler problem!

I was planning on putting mine in front of a DVD and doing a short workout, possibly providing something to eat to make her stay put longer. I do this on days I want to have a long shower etc and I can usually grab about 20 mins before she comes to find me!
Hi @@scubachick, please count me in for the challenge. I plan to walk 4 times a week aiming to walk a 12 k thats coming up in my area at the end of the month, and to do 15 mins 4 times a week of lunges/planks/situps/stretches to help rev up my metabolism, manage hunger and improve my mood.
Hoping to do the 12 k in sub 2 hours. Sharing so everyone can hold me to account!
12k in less than 2 hours is certainly striding it out! Best wishes for your preparation and the event - keep us posted how you are going! :)
So I am feeling smug and organised about now.
Did ye notice that I have edited the original post here so that we are all listed? I have allocated challenger numbers for each of you, which you can use on your sigs, if you like.

Kids are all in bed asleep (a miracle as its before 9.30pm and I have 2 insomniac kids!). School bags are packed with names and lables on EVERYTHING! Uniforms, with iron on name tags, are hanging and ready. Shoes, with name tags, are polished and left out. Lunchboxes are named and filled in the fridge. Coats, yip, theyre labled too and left out. Phew!

In addition, rather than getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, this evening I managed to squeeze in my 5k run and day1 of the Catching Fire 30day Challenge Arms and legs are still alight and burning! That was my 1st run in 8 weeks as I have been nursing a dodgy knee. Thankfully, the knee held up, though there is still a niggle there.

I have had a look at day 2 and it looks like I will need a sandbag/weight thingie. Hopefully I dont need much more equipment for the other days.

:clover: Best of luck with the start of your challenge :clover:
@scubachick watched the video - she was so puffed out and if I was that age I'd do it no prob! :bugeyes: Meanwhile my chiropractor has given me some strengthening exercises, dead fly etc, all very good, though I have been useless in my accomplishment to date. So in ode to Andy and you I shall do them till end of Sept. Just need to find the instructions :wink: :wink: I'm being silly - I will do this for my wellbeing. Thanks for pushing me on scuba x

Good luck you challengers! :clover:
Welcome @Lizbean! You are challenger 9.
September Fitness Challenge Club (SFCC) Notice!
@Nicky_94, @Sassy1,@Karenm,@piper, @Azureblue, @AnnieW, @juliewil10, @Lizbean
Ye might like to take note of measurements now or take a selfie, so that you can compare the end results. A body fat calculation might also be a good "before" statistic to have.
Oh my goodness, really! The challenge is when we have injuries or arthritis etc we may never reach our peak again, that moment we won a county cross country or 100, 200, 400, 800 meters that we want to relive.

OK, I'm in - I need to build the muscles around my left knee and other bodily functions. :victory:

Here goes me, challenger no 9 :cool: :cool: :cool: :clover: :clover: :clover: Thanks scubachick :heart:

Just tried to post this and I see you are suggesting to take measurements - will do, this is a bit scary. I'd much prefer to dive with you. :wink:
Just read your thoughts below @scubachick sign them all up to your challenge? They will love it for their cool Mum. Nothing beats a bit of leadership........?

"Im just lying in bed thinking about when exactly I can do the challenge. I want it to become a routine part of my day. However its impossible for me to do anything for myself once the kids are around. And they wake me each morning and I go to bed with them each evening. While 2 will be in school from Monday, Mr. Toddler will still be there to jump on me! I suppose I just have to get up at 6am "
Ok, will try to remember to take selfie and measurements tomorrow (not doing this at bedtime!), even tho it's Day 2.

[Day 2 - Measurements and photos taken, body fat calc done - reassuring? that the calc done via the link was only 0.1 different to my scales.]

Day 1 went to plan, though have decided to do lunges, etc, instead of treadmill on non-c25k day. May vary that, depending.

Also managed the 'get organized' aspect too. :)

Hope everyone's first day has gone/is going well. :D
Ok @Scubachick I'll join in this challenge with the Insanity programme! It's a 60 day programme, but I feel if I sign up here then I won't be able to make excuses not to do it. I feel slightly insane doing it as due to neck and back problems I haven't exercised in mmmm quite some time, but I'm feeling motivated to get moving so best I do it. It'll either get me back to some form of fitness or totally b&gger me up!

Bring it on!
Nearly forgot that it's September, had to do a quick workout after putting kids to bed! Just did day 1 of the 30 day beach body challenge but am going to look for something else after Friday, before that what with finishing my dissertation and getting my 2 kids settled into school I think that's going to be enough of a challenge!
Hay there @minsmum! Welcome you insane gurl! You are challenger 10.
Wayhoo, we are in double figures!

Nice save @Nicky_94! @Sassy1, you are steaming ahead! Well done.

I have just completed day 2, as I started yesterday evening. Flippin Nora, but it gets the sweat pumping! Hubby was most perplexed when he came into the spare room wondering what all the banging was (it was me jumping! ). I have also managed a 40min walk and 20mins of physio for the IT Band/runners knee thingie. And all that on a fast day. Phew, I'm tucked up in bed already. I have had a look at my day 3 vid and it looks like I will need another bit of equipment to do a knees up exercise. Hmmmm, I will have to think about what I have that I can substitute for it. :confused:
77 posts Page 2 of 6